Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should the Assyrians get a say in the New Iraq?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should the Assyrians get a say in the New Iraq?
    Posted: 02-Dec-2004 at 09:54

"Like I have said before, Iraq should be cut up. Each group should be given
its own area to administrate including the Christian Miniority (Assyrians)."

when you say each group? does it include us and the rest of the world?

if not, who would do that?

AssyrianGuy7 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AssyrianGuy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2004 at 16:02
When i mean by each group is the diffrent groups of Iraq the Caldo-Assyrians the Kurds and the Arabs. Those are the three groups of Iraq. Each one of those groups should get the land where they are majority.  The north East is mostly kurds the northwest is mostly Assyrians and every thing below is mostly arab.
"Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my special possession, Israel!"
(Isaiah 19:23-25)
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2004 at 17:25
but no one would care if they got no interest in doing that.
sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 00:25
Yes. Let Iraq be cut up and let the people of Iraq settle the differences in the way they used to before Islam: tribal vengeance! Woohoo!
"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
Mr Bobo View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mr Bobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 00:44

Cutting up iraq is a bit of a step backwards really dude..idependant states based on ethnic or cultural background in close proximity to one another in a situation as volitile as this would create more problems than there are atm. There having enough trouble as it is just setting up one government.. imagine if they tried to set up many. The Americans arent going to leave until they've got some kind of government in place, as to protect their image. Imagine if they tried to set up many governments.. it would be chaos. 

Hypothetically say if seperate governments were set up in iraq who would decide the borders? wouldnt many different etheic/religious/social groups lay claim to the same bits of land? look at the problems between palastine and Israel ..thats only two different countrys....imagine if there were many as you propose.

"A child of five would understand this, send someone to fetch a child of five"
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 00:48
I agree with Mr Bobo. Separatism is the lead cause for more bloodshed.
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 05:46
To tell you the truth i didn't know that Assyrians still exist.Everyone can and must have a say in the American protectorate of Irak.That's what democracy commands.If Irak cut up that would be a nonsense.I also agree with Mr Bobo.That would bring more problems,more fightings and e.t.c.They must be unified,one state if they want to keep peace in the area.  
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AssyrianGuy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 07:59
Iraq will never treat Assyrians fairly as long as they are christian.
Christians in he middle east are treated like animals. If a muslim kills a
christian here in iraq the governmentwont do anything, but if a christian
kills a muslim, the government will arrest the murder and his family. on
top of that the family of the murdered person will protest kill more
assyrians. take a look in syria today an Arab killed an Assyrian. The
assyrians protested so that they would arrest the murder. instead of
arresting the murder they arrested the protesters.
Take a look your self on the link below. The arabs are admiting it.

http://english.daralhayat.com/arab_news/01-1800/20041201-
APAP_1125987.txt/story.html
"Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my special possession, Israel!"
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 13:15
Which means that there's still room for improvement. The Arabs won't have an incentive to treat Christians well if the government is corrupt, and even less if the Assyrians think themselves to be superior.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AssyrianGuy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2004 at 16:26
yesterday on december 7th two more churches were blown up
Atourian View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Atourian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2004 at 18:35
Assyrians should be represented.
Mandeans (Babylonians) should be represented.
Yazidis should be represented.
Lurs should be represented.

Syria is where their territories should be established. They are all peaceful and have the potential to prosper in harmony, along with the Arameans there. The Kurds in Syria will of course go to Kurdistan.

I almost forgot - there needs to be a secure and fair balance of oil in Kurdistan for the rebuilding of each nation.

And there needs to be a permanent buffer zone surrounding every nation's territory in Iraq.

Lastly, Assyria will have a booming economy and finally gain attention to the world.

All of the above given a civil war is somehow prevented from erupting.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 02:44
Lurs should be represented.

This one is terrible!
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AssyrianGuy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 10:10
Who are the lurs i hve never heard of them. mandeans (babylonians) of today are considered assyrians.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 12:35

Lurs are thought to be aboriginal poeple of Iran and Mandaeans are neither Assyrians nor Babylonians, of course their language is closely related to the Babylonian Talmud.

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 13:41
I thought Mandaeans were a religious sect like Muslims or Christians?
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 14:48

They are not just a religious sect but Mandaeans have their own religion, more info: http://iranmanda.com/html/who`smandeaan.htm

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
Atourian View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Atourian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 17:30
Mandaeans have been persecuted like Assyrians have been. It's happening today and has gotten worse in Iraq since Saadam was removed.

AssyrianGuy7, do you know what happened to Atour.com ? It just vanished. Anyways I remember an article on the site explaining how the Mandaeans are possibly the decendants of the Babylonians. There are still some copies of that article in other websites.
Here we go: http://www.ukassyrians.org/news15_2.htm

It's not that I don't choose to believe Cyrus but that I'm just plain confused. This reminds me of the time I thought Assyrians could have been Aramaeans

Identity by religion over the centuries has really confused me. Ghengis Khan having a Assyrian wife? One would believe that if all Nestorians were Assyrians, which is what they were called.

EDIT: I just had to add this. "They detest Abraham because of circumcision..." I like Mandaeans more than ever.

Edited by Atourian
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AssyrianGuy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 18:08
Even the Yezidis of Iraq are known to trace thier background back to the Ancient Sumerians.  Today Sumerians, Bablonians, Chaldeans, and all the other mesopotamians are known as Assyrians.  The people who consider themselfs chaldeans today are assyrian but in a catholic version.  They split from the Assyrian Church less then 500 years ago. They ended up adopting the Chaldean name less then 200 years ago. 
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 18:16

They are not just a religious sect but Mandaeans have their own religion

...err...that's what I meant , sorry I use sects for all religions since I'm really universalist in my beliefs.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 21:04

Sumerians were the original people of Mesopotamia. They were neither Semite nor Indo-European. Calling Sumerians, Assyrians is no different than calling Assyrians, Arabs. They are both incorrect.

Edited by Miller
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>