Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post here 3 things that you gave to the world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post here 3 things that you gave to the world
    Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 09:39
The slavic aphabet was created by Hellens.Secondly,Murtaza,human did not say that Hellens created the world,nor mentioned such a thing.You created by yourself.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 09:41
Moreover the East(Middle East) was strongly influenced by Hellas through the Orthodox religion and the Byzantine empire.
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 09:45

Of course, But to find all this thing is different.

Greeks had one of the greatest culture.

But to claim all this thing is different than have one of the best culture lived.

Arabs also choose on of their caliph by democracy.(I dont think they effected by Greeks much)

giani_82 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote giani_82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 09:46

Originally posted by Spartakus

The slavic aphabet was created by Hellens.Secondly,Murtaza,human did not say that Hellens created the world,nor mentioned such a thing.You created by yourself.

Nope it wasn't yet that's what they teach you to keep fueling this overnationalistic view of the world you have. And if Kiril and Metodiy created the glagolitsa the actual cyrilic alphabet was developed by Kliment for the usage of Bulgarians, and why the hell would the Byzantines need a second alphabet anyway

Edited by giani_82
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall."
Confucius
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 09:49
They were effected by Hellas in a degree,mainly in science.I will say again,that we do not claim anything,nor human did.We contributed to those things.That's all.
giani_82 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote giani_82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 09:51

Yep much of the greek alphabet is applied to Kliment's work and before to Kiril's yet the sound is quite different and it's invented for a different purpose.

PS: By the way Kliment is Bulgarian.

Edited by giani_82
Confucius
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 09:54
Originally posted by giani_82

Originally posted by Spartakus

Nope it wasn't yet that's what they teach you to keep fueling this overnationalistic view of the world you have. And if Kiril and Metodiy created the glagolitsa the actual cyrilic alphabet was developed by Konstantin for the usage of Bulgarians, and why the hell would the Byzantines need a second alphabet anyway

Overnationalistic view?Give me a break,and go to talk to sb else about "nationalism or "overnationalism" not to me.Am i clear?Concerning,the "actual cyricil alphabet" i will reply to you as soon as i look for it.Now,i do not have the time.Wait for 2-3 days and i will reply.If you cannot wait ask Komnenos about it.He will find the answer much sooner.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 09:59

Let's put this under perspective:

Kyrillos & Methodios created the Glatolitic alphabet. Their pupils, based on the Glatolitic created the Cyrillic one, which looks very much like the Greek one.

When I was in Sophia, I could read all the signs (but could not understand what they meant

http://www.ancientscripts.com/cyrillic.html

http://www.ancientscripts.com/glagolitic.html

Edited by Yiannis
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
giani_82 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote giani_82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 10:03
Agree, something like that really happened (there are about 2-3 theories about it still) The Greek alphabet is the base excluding some letters. And initially it was the Moravian kingdom that required the slavic alphabet, yet something went wrong and it came to Bulgaria first and introduced to Preslav's school
Confucius
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 10:04

You...you're good you.....

Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Perseas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 10:35

I am surprised none from greek posters mentioned Olympics so far.

Some other contributions are:

Ethics, Rhetoric, Theatre, Drama, Comedy, Tragedy, Aristocracy.

A mathematician is a person who thinks that if there are supposed to be three people in a room, but five come out, then two more must enter the room in order for it to be empty.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 11:24
windmills, algorithms, algebra, alcohol, sulphuric acid, chess, polo, ...
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 11:27
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 12:20

Why are my topics allways been moved?

OUT OF LIMIT
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 14:09
Originally posted by Murtaza

If you think so, But noone in east used phalanx.

I accept Greeks have greek culture. But to claim all just comic.

Do you think, Turks and Chinies fight without tactic?

Do you know meaning of Kurultay?

If I am not wrong, Mongol army stop because they returned for choosing their new leader.

Or do you know, Osman was choosen by his people instead of his uncle?

I dont think Mevlana realy realy effected by Greeks, Yunus Emre or others people.

Or Medicine? If I am not wrong, egypians are realy fine at that topic.

Yes you have a great culture.

But you are not the creater of humanity.

I do agree with Murtaza, but not necesarily means that I'm taking an antigreek position.
No one can deny the apportations of the greek culture. However, other civilizations had development by their onw, independently of the Hellenic culture. As an example, we had a medicine more advanced than the european at the time of their arrival to america.
The surgery was practiced deeply and the herbolary was the back bone of the american medicine.
And of course, we were not aware of Hipocrates

Bottom line, every region developed their own culture in an enough way to keep it in motion.

Regards
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 14:11
Originally posted by Paul

Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

Chocolate, vanilla, corn.

SO the Mexican's really are descended from the Turks.........

How;s that Paul
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 14:14
Your post is really unnessecary,since i cleared that we contributed,not created the world or medicine or anything else.
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 14:19

Jalisco Lancer

I am not Anti-Greek too(Well at least not against ancient Greeks), I respect what they did. I love spartans much and always want to be one of them.

But To tell we gave everything is wrong, Yes They tought a lot to Europe, but Who can tell they give everything to China or Turks?

I respect greeks, but they are a little belittleing other cultures. I dont like it.

I dont like when some Turks say we are best fighter or something like this too.

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 14:21

Spartakus

So he write wrong post.

because name of post is,

Post here 3 things that we gave to the world

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2005 at 14:22

Just in case,nobody in this topic said that Hellas gave eevrything...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>