Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKurdistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurdistan
    Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 11:47
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Another -stan country? Aren't there enough already?

I think there are already more than 50 -stan countries, Englestan (England), Armanestan (Armenia), Gorjestan (Georgia), Farangestan (France), Bolgharestan (Bulgaria), Lahestan (Poland), Majarestan (Hungry), Arabestan (Saudi Arabia), Hendustan (India), Mogholestan (Mongolia), ...

Thanks for the info Cyrus. Good answer!

An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 12:17

Arabstan is not only Saudi Arabia, Indians call all Arabic land as Arabstan

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 10:55

I think Kurds are much more an ethnic group, a mixture of Turkic, Persian. They were always tried to be used against Ottoman Empire and Turkey, even before the Russian propogandas and still...

In old Turkish writings, there is a part to Kurts. It begins as "Ey Krt Beleri", which calls the beghs of Kurts, and talks to them as Turkmen (Oguz) nomads of west. And also with the last Turkmen migrations to Anatolia, these nomadic Kurds mixed very much with Turkmens. And during the Ankara War (1403- as I remember) between Ottoman Empire and Timur's Empire, to lead the Turkish world, the Yrks of Central Anatolia, which were the still nomadic Turks, run away to mountains and assimilated in Kurdish population. So the names "Turk" and "Kurd" cannot be seperated today, since there are lots of common ethnic and cultural, even historical bonds btw them.

The Kurdish issue is not a new issue. The western worldpowers have been trying to use the Kurdish population in Anatolia as a weapon against Turkish power and Ottoman rule. These propogandas were seriosly being worked on by Russians and British first. To seperate the Anatolian population, the other worldpowers have been using some methods since the Ottoman Empire began to give more importance to its Turkmen population located at Balkans. First, they tried to use "religious propoganda" with the seperatist movements of Shias, but that didnt work since Ottoman Empire was too powerful to divide the authority with such imaginary propogands. Then they used the Balkan population, and it also didnt work in the beginning. But after the "French revolution", the nationalist movements began to get more power in those multiethnical empires such as Ottoman Emp. and Austuria hungrian. That worked well for seperating the Balkan nations from the Empire, because most of them were non Turkish and Slavic.

But even these efforts werent enough to divide the Anatolian unification, since there was peace within Turkmen majority and the minor ethnic populations such as Armenians (once "loyal nation"), Rums (Greeks, "Younans"), and "Laz". And these ethnic populations werent enough to provide a dangerous force against political unification. So, they created a new "nation", from the historical origins of ethnic and cultural brotherhood, Kurds. And their new weapon began to succeed. There was appearing a new minority, but much more than a regular minority with a potential to use against the "sick man of europe" in front of his grave...

Yes, today there is a so called Kurd minority in Turkey, Iraq and Iran. They are officially accepted as a nation by the majority of worldnations. And in Turkey, there are lots of civilians defining themselves as Kurds. But also, PKK(Kadek) describes itself as Kurdic independence force. So to make a decision such as "Kurds are seperatist terrorists" or "Kurts are our loyal brothers, who exist in our peaceful community." These people are everywhere, and seperating such mixed population is definately impossible. And personally I think and believe that Kurds are our brothers, and whatever happens, they will be. But terrorist mass murderers that are mostly supported by great worldpowers and even some Islamic countries such as Syria and Iran, cannot be defined as our brothers, ethnically and culturally...

I think "Kurdistan" will be formed by the antidemocratic Amerian government and UN in the following years, but this will certainly be in todays Iraq borderlands. Because our military force and dominiance in Europe and Middle East wouldnt let such destruction of Turkish Republic's eastern borders, formed with "Milli Misak" and oficially corrected with Lausanne Agreement. This will create a dangerous war in middle east, and danger the American existance and goods here. And this will also be impossible with the UN decisions (they arent very affective, and active, but at least on paper.)

This idea of a Kurd country occupying someparts of East Anatolia is also economically impossible, since these cities have no kind of money earning potentials in a Kurdish country. They would be economically dependent to such neighboor country that is peaceful with them. And I dont think there would be such country instead of a new formed American colony of Iraq. So this is only a dream of the brain washed minority in Turkey.

Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 20:34

It is a fact that Kurds are a mix of different peoples, including Armenians, Assyrians, Iranians, etc. It is also a fact that Turks aren't any different, neither are Armenians, Poles, French, Spanish...

As far as I know, Kurds distinguish themselves from Turks, only because of their language.

Kurds claim that they lived in South-Eastern Anatolia a long time before Turks migrated there. In fact, that same area used to be called Kordchaik by Armenians, Beth Qardu by Assyrians, Gordyene by Romans... so it's obvious that that area had a distinct nationality.

I have a question: What are the Kurds doing (in such large quantities) in the Eastern border of Iran?  

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 20:43
Originally posted by Infidel

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Another -stan country? Aren't there enough already?

I think there are already more than 50 -stan countries, Englestan (England), Armanestan (Armenia), Gorjestan (Georgia), Farangestan (France), Bolgharestan (Bulgaria), Lahestan (Poland), Majarestan (Hungry), Arabestan (Saudi Arabia), Hendustan (India), Mogholestan (Mongolia), ...

Thanks for the info Cyrus. Good answer!

Lol, what are Korea, China, and Japan called? 
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 21:02

Lol, what are Korea, China, and Japan called?

China is called Chinastan in Armenian. I don't think it's any different from Persian.  Russia is called Russastan, Georgia is called Vrastan (vra means up, in Armenian), Greece is called Hounastan, India is Hintgasdan... don't forget about Persia - Barsgastan, and Armenia - Hayastan!  There are also the Central Asian countries of Tadjikistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, etc.

EDIT: Israel - Hryastan

Edited by Artaxiad
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 21:06
Chinastan..lol that's awesome...so is Japan=Japanstan and Korea, koreastan?
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 21:46

No. Japan is ''Japon'', and Korea is just... well... Korea  

Iranians might call these countries differently though. I'm not sure.

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 21:50
why do they have territories in various regions?
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 22:42

Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

Chinastan..lol that's awesome...so is Japan=Japanstan and Korea, koreastan?

an early Russian embassador to the region in the 20th century said all 3 of these countiries are lands of people we grow gardens and arrange flowers, one year later his country was defeated in the Russo-Japanese war, go figure.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 22:51
Originally posted by Artaxiad

And Portugal? Portugalstan? It's kind of repetitive...

An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2005 at 00:35
Originally posted by Artaxiad

Hehe, of course, of course.
iKurd View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 05:38
What's all this talk about kurds being the turks "brothers"? The turk is a mixture of mixtures and to keep some sort of identity he have to cling to the kurd as the arab clings to the Jew. You know, defining yourself by creating an "outside". Nazism was based on the very same principales. This strategy might have worked in the past but today it's more of an obsticle than anything.

Get out of the box in the box in the box...
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 05:51

Proof?  It's based on areas where Kurdish populations are indigenous to. And that includies as much of Turkey as you see in there and is consistent with every other map of Kurdish lands available

zagros  konya is far from becoming a kurdish city, there are only a two or three large village at there.(I dont know how they go there)

Also Erzurum is a turkish city. Urfa is an arabic city, not kurdish.Even map is true, It only cared for kurds who live there, just forget others majorities.

iKurd

Welcome my kurdish brother, If we are not brother, I think we should care much for Turkish population who live at north Iraq

by the way, I dont think we  have to cling kurds, do you think, we dont have enough enemy except Kurds?

iKurd View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 06:30
Don't worry, we will give the turkmen in southern kurdistan the same treatment kurds get by the turkish regime. That should make you realax a bit, is'nt it so?

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 06:37

Arabs dont "cling" to jews by any means

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 06:47

Don't worry, we will give the turkmen in southern kurdistan the same treatment kurds get by the turkish regime. That should make you realax a bit, is'nt it so?

Well, so what would this make you?  happy?  by the way, do you  have enough  power for this? It looks like  USA will not stay much.

iKurd View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 07:18
mortaza

I was just kidding, ofcourse the turkmen will enjoy the same rights as every other citizens. But its funny though,  if it's true that the kurds have rights in turkey, whats so upsetting about saying that we will give the turkmen the same treatment? I think we both know... hehe

azimuth:
not true
the arabs/muslims created their identity by simply flipping the story about Yitzak and Yishmael.

In life there are consumers and there are producers, the producers are always better off without the consumers but the consumers are always dependent on the producers and are eager on "converting" the producers into consumers. you know, turks whants the kurds to "become" turks and the muslims wants the jews to "become" muslims. But if that would happen, that the producers turned into consumers, who would feed us both?
Thts why islam and kemalism, alongside with nazism are death cults.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 07:25

what are you talking about?

Arabs are not all muslims and muslims aren't all arabs, thats one thing, another how "arabs/muslims" created their identity by simply flipping the story of ytizak and yishmael???

what identity are you talking about? the only difference in that story is that  Prophet Abraham was going to sacrifice his older son "Ismael" not Issac as Christans and Jews belive.

how can that an Identity creating? or you have no idea what you are talking about?

Edited by azimuth
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 07:27
Guests, kurdish nationalism may be some sort of western influenced ethno-nationalism, but to think that it is completely artificial or merely alive due to some sort of western conspiracy is a little hard to belive. Turkey is also a product of that same type of ethno-nationalism, so is that a part of the dis-unity your talking about? or what would you catergorise this?

Alot of today's problems exists because the kurds were not treated as cultural equals within their own country. What defintion of 'brother' are you talking about, cultural or political? if a kurd is a kurd before he is a 'turk' that doesnt not mean he is agianst you (as a turk first person), he is just not like you. while also not necessary a danger for turkey.

Would you please clarify what you mean by brother?

Edited by Leonidas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>