Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One World Govt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One World Govt
    Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 21:25
One question I have to ask, is why do people want a one world government?
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 22:17
Originally posted by Denis

I don't see how one huge federal government is implausible. Would you not agree that a ultimate constitution is necessary to protect international rights? Take for example the global capital is in Bucharest. If the federal government of Uruguay misbehaved by fixing the state elections, the ultimate constitution in Bucharest would mean that legally, the Uruguayan election fixers would be immediately arrested by the international police. Just a thought really.

Yes, i don't see why there can't exist a federal govt. Most of the world is living under economic imperialism today anyway, problem is the havenots are not bourne out of circumstance but policy. In a OWG it would be the same rights for everyone and an inclusive society.

As i said before: "I was envisaging a more modular system, a hierarchal layers of controls, with the main functions of the center would be dealing with issues like the distribution of resources"
It could well be multi-constitutional and should definitely have distributed power structures rather than a concentration of power at the centre.

It seems that some who may have voted for a OWG may have visualized the world under a single imperial power. But it seems like the overwhelming majority are too skeptical of such an evolution. Maybe we are not ready yet.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 22:19
Originally posted by Adalwolf

One question I have to ask, is why do people want a one world government?

Read the first post.
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2007 at 10:29
I spring 2006 we had a similar discussion - maybe someone will find it interesting in combination with what is said here.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2007 at 20:40
Thxs Northman. What is hope for if not the impossible. In the end i think the most likely synthesis is likely to stem from a benevolent dictatorship, that sticks around long enough to bring about a OWG. It seems for some people the carrot is not enough of an incentive.
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 11:10
I believe that One World government only exist when there is a great global disaster,natural disaster, Alien attack.etc,so peopleneed to join together to solve the problem, no single nation can slove, then such government may exist
leung
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 20:00
never....ever..will there be a one world govt. We will never see it in our lifetime, nor at the end of the human race. Nobody follows the rules, international rules for example. (Only one case is that of the protection rights of Embassies.) Every other law made for the sake of International Union has failed and will continue failing.

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 21:49
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

never....ever..will there be a one world govt. We will never see it in our lifetime, nor at the end of the human race. Nobody follows the rules, international rules for example. (Only one case is that of the protection rights of Embassies.) Every other law made for the sake of International Union has failed and will continue failing.

I don't know... it's true that people are so diverse that it would be a miracle for all mankind to work as a team... but I wouldnt be sure about one world government to be impossible. People tried to work as a team to make things more efficient, and slowly the world is getting closer to unity. Look at the economical system the rise of mass production technique. The rise of League of Nations and UN. The establishment of European Union and increasing number of people to speak English and Chinese.

Join us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12