Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Origin of man

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Man's origin
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [28.95%]
14 [36.84%]
13 [34.21%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Origin of man
    Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 20:25
These threads normally end up as slaughter houses for people who believe in God as they can not prove the existance of God.

A radical hindu view on this: Common ancestry with apes is partly written in the Ramayan where Hunuman's army fought with Rama against the forces of evil

<pause for laughter>

My view, as Omar's and Emperor Barberossa's, is that the existance of evolution and God are not connected. I beleive there was a creator. He created the universe. Perhaps he controls the universe, perhaps he doesn't. Doesn't really matter if you think about it. Just live your life as morally right as you can, leave with a clear conscious and it was a success.

I can't remember the countless times I've told people that the most religious people I have ever met happened to be my A level Physics teachers.

So I pick other and all the above.
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 20:51

Perhaps we should not concentrate on weather on not a god exists but rather that 'spiritual awareness' is unique to humans, and thus an important part of our evolution.

Many animals (not just apes) demonstrate self-awareness, rather complex cultures and mourn for their dead. All of which at one time where thought to be unique human/Homo characteristics...

The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 21:11
Although I have never done much research on the creation of man, much preferring what man did afterwards, I would say that the aquatic ape theory is my favourite. Humans being a type of ape that is designed to live alongside rivers and coasts sounds logical to me.

Omar I too am a firm believer in the AAH, and its a shame that our narrow-minded science purist, can't open up to a well thought out theory that explains how evolution could affect our behaviors and our seemingly superficial body characteristics, that could not survive a fossil record.

Ok if man and monkeys have the same ancestor then could someone explain me why humans have soul and the animals havent?

Hoplite, this isn't quite a fair questions since different beliefs challenge this differently. I can tell you according to catholic doctrine we believe that both humans and animals both have souls, although only men are in need of salvation therefore they are the only ones capable of salvation. This would seem to imply therefore that animals are angelic beings superior to man, unfortunately for them though, according to God, as written in the bible man is the master of all the animals and therefore has precedence over them. Also, of all the animals God took special care in breathing a soul into a lifeless form, thereby giving man a unique link to God himself.

Also, souls cannot have mass, seeing as how that would violate the laws of thermodynamics since the soul would over time decay into something different, therefore changing an unchanging object.

Humans lived by the rivers not because they liked awquatic monkeys or enjoyed swimming their, but because rivers proovided fresh water along with means of communication. You really need to research this topic. Their was nothing like th aqautic apes.

Vivek, the aquatic ape hypothesis takes place during the transitionary period between apes walking on all fours to apes walking on two legs, it has nothing to do with the fact that civilizations began in river valleys. Also, the Aquatic Ape probably didn't evolve near a river at all, far too dangerous with crocodiles about. It probably would have looked more like a swamp, rich in foods for a scavenger (could this be where we got all the meat to stimulate brain growth). Also it seems far more logical walking would evolve from wading in chest deep water (apes couldn't balance properly) over a long period of time rather than, uh, they stood up so they could see better over tall grass. We actually do have an ape that went from an arboreal lifestyle to a plains dwelling lifestyle in the baboon and that animal certainly walks on all fours. Whereas a primate that spends a lot of time in the water (proboscis monkey) will walk on two legs for a long period of time.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 21:24
I can say that i dont believe people who dont believe in GOd   
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 21:32

Actually gibbons are almost totally arboreal and walk exclusively bipedal when terrestrial. I think the best argument for the Aquatic Ape is how our fat is stored and our skin, sweat glands, etc. 

Edited by Goban - 11-Sep-2006 at 21:58
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 22:35
Paul!

This was an outrageous post totally uncalled for. Comparing perfectly decent apes with a president of the United States is an umbelivleb... hur... umbelivebible... hur... a bad thing.

PS; I did enjoy that Greek Hoplite tried to prove a feture belonging to the faith space. Becareful some centuries ago for this mere thing you would have been burn on stakes. One cannot prove the excistance of God. Otherwise there would be np challenge and it would no be funny any longer.
I am a free donkey!
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 01:20
Why do you get angry. I think it was meant to be a joke. Just look at the expressions of the two. I guess that funny coincidence is wha he wanted to show!
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 01:20
Why do you get angry. I think it was meant to be a joke. Just look at the expressions of the two. I guess that funny coincidence is what he wanted to show!
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 04:56
Descendant from some seriously horny proto-monkey type thing.
Arrrgh!!"
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 05:35

And of course our own Great Leader of the Netherlands....

("Jan Peter Balkenende and the room full of fools", "let the chaos break loose", including a batch of members of government who f***ed up this period....)

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 07:48
Poor primatesCry Big smile
Greek Hoplite View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Greek Hoplite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 15:40
I had exams yesterday and today so ... I never said that soul has mass i just mentioned some sources and secondly if there is God and you believe is something personall. And something else these who voted '' something else "what do they beleive that aliens made man?lol lolLOL

Edited by Greek Hoplite - 12-Sep-2006 at 15:45
My blog
http://mankap.blogspot.com/
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 16:14
Originally posted by Greek Hoplite

And something else these who voted '' something else "what do they beleive that aliens made man?lol lolLOL

That is not funny at all. Just because somebody is disatisfied with the two main theories "there is a god that created the earth, believe it" or the Big Bang does not at all mean that they believe in something so ridiculous as "aliens made man". I think that is the Scientologist theory, is it not?

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Greek Hoplite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 16:19
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

That is not funny at all. Just because somebody is disatisfied with the two main theories "there is a god that created the earth, believe it" or the Big Bang

And what caused Bing Bang, Bing Bang started from nothing  and what was existed before B.bang?

Edited by Greek Hoplite - 12-Sep-2006 at 16:22
My blog
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 16:25
And what caused the existence of a god to appear from nothing? You can't just argue for your beliefs on the basis that another theory may not make sense. The Big Bang is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific theory. Do not confuse the two. Even if the Big Bang Theory is incorrect, it does not in any way prove there is a creator.

Edited by Emperor Barbarossa - 12-Sep-2006 at 16:27

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 16:31
Originally posted by Anujkhamar

These threads normally end up as slaughter houses for people who believe in God as they can not prove the existance of God.

My view, as Omar's and Emperor Barberossa's, is that the existance of evolution and God are not connected. I beleive there was a creator. He created the universe. Perhaps he controls the universe, perhaps he doesn't. Doesn't really matter if you think about it. Just live your life as morally right as you can, leave with a clear conscious and it was a success.

Exactly, we do not fully have knowledge what has created this universe, and therefore, the existence of an all-powerful ruler is not something we should worry about. Though I am not whole-heartedly against the idea of there being a creator, I do not believe there is enough proof to say that there is a creator. However, as you stated "Perhaps he controls the universe, perhaps he doesn't. Doesn't really matter if you think about it. Just live your life as morally right as you can, leave with a clear conscious and it was a success." I could not have said it better myself. Smile

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Greek Hoplite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 16:34
God exists forever, has not got begining or end, (religion says it not me) .If you try to expain how God been created its like a blind man trying to tell you what colors watches in front of him.

Edited by Greek Hoplite - 12-Sep-2006 at 16:35
My blog
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 17:01

God exists forever, has not got begining or end, (religion says it not me) .If you try to expain how God been created its like a blind man trying to tell you what colors watches in front of him.

You do realise that everything you have said so far could be used against you in equal measure?

(religion says it not me) 

Excuse me? what kind of argument is that? How about thinking for yourself for a change, instead repeating after others?

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2006 at 18:35

As Aeglifu has already said, this argument could be turned against you. You do not realize that you do not have enough evidence to prove your claims. Instead of trying to actually argue for your claims, you call anybody whom does not agree with you "not being able to see the truth".

Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Greek Hoplite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2006 at 02:04
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

As Aeglifu has already said, this argument could be turned against you. You do not realize that you do not have enough evidence to prove your claims.

I dont want to prove anything because as i said:

if there is God and you believe is something personall.

You said that:
Instead of trying to actually argue for your claims, you call anybody whom does not agree with you "not being able to see the truth".

Edited by Greek Hoplite - 13-Sep-2006 at 02:05
My blog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>