Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHinduism saved inIndia by fighting muslim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Digvijay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hinduism saved inIndia by fighting muslim
    Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 10:49
Originally posted by Seko

Originally posted by Digvijay

Originally posted by Seko

Digvijay, writing things like:

So if you are clueless about History of India you should keep your pie hole shut.

and

Keep your opinion to yourself.

as you did in your response to Malizai will get you in hotter water.

Get used to varied responses to your posts. If you can't handle it
then spare us your immaturity. You have shown a poor tendency to
violate the codes of conduct.

Seko,
�it is easy for you to say this. For last few weeks I have been
posting quote after quote from various books which this group� :
Sparten/Malizai/Omar Hashim/Telde (i.e all Muslims) keeps debasing by
calling them idiots, liars and so on so forth. Now how do you counter
bigotry is my question.

Let us take a very recent example. I posted a quote in my rsponse to OK
GE, from a Pakistani Muslim� author on how Muslims used Jizyah to
convert Hindus to islam. Now I am being accused of writing a "low
quality" post and doing propaganda!.� Similarly I posted an
excerpt from William Wilson Hunter's book and these guys started called
him an idiot. Why? Because this group has a stereotype that Islam is a
very benevolent religion and whatever conversions took place in India
were not done through coercive means. Any history writer who opposes
this view point is either an "idiot" or doing "propaganda".

-Digs

You can provide links and sources as much as you want. That is not the problem (though others find some of your sources debateable). The problem is with your tone and provoking nature.

No I am not provoking anyone. These guys provoked me by calling me a Hindu Extremist (Hashim) and calling scholars either liars or idiots (all of them at some stage or others).

My question to you if we have teen agers ridiculing what some scholars wrote by researching more then three decades does that bode well for this forum?

-Digs
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 13:02

You seem to have come here burdened by a rather foolish notion that you were going to insult everyone, and no one was going to insult you. Well, let be relieve you of that metaphoric burden and broaden your horizons. If you attack someone, then you should expect "return fire" so to speak. You have in the past few weeks called Omar, a "paki", a "mullah" and a "madrassa educated paki", amongst other things So why the hell are you surprised when he retaliates? This little ploy at innocence fools nobody. And looking at your past behaviour, are you surprised that no one takes your sources seriously, whatever their possible merit?

I am (and I am sure the others are) reasonable. We would be utterly delighted to have a serious debate, with you, preferably one that is untainted by the stench of jingoistic nationalism.

You really need to learn that others may have different opinions than you, and that you can disagree with them and still remain civil, and the fact they don't agree with you does not mean that they are "madrassa educated".

Savvey?

Digvijay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 13:13
Originally posted by Sparten

You seem to have come here burdened by a rather foolish notion that you were going to insult everyone, and no one was going to insult you. Well, let be relieve you of that metaphoric burden and broaden your horizons. If you attack someone, then you should expect "return fire" so to speak. You have in the past few weeks called Omar, a "paki", a "mullah" and a "madrassa educated paki", amongst other things So why the hell are you surprised when he retaliates? This little ploy at innocence fools nobody. And looking at your past behaviour, are you surprised that no one takes your sources seriously, whatever their possible merit?

I am (and I am sure the others are) reasonable. We would be utterly delighted to have a serious debate, with you, preferably one that is untainted by the stench of jingoistic nationalism.

You really need to learn that others may have different opinions than you, and that you can disagree with them and still remain civil, and the fact they don't agree with you does not mean that they are "madrassa educated".

Savvey?

Look having a differing opinion is fine but when teenagers start calling scholars idiots is when I have a problem. How do you debate when the source you provide is labelled an idiot? Better would have been to give an argument why you disagree with the source rather then calling a learned scholar idiot. It is childish behavior and you have your group curb it.  Calling a scholar idiot implies that YOU/YOUR Group do not want to engage in a debate (perhaps because you do not want your age old beliefs challenged). So stop preaching and show some grey cells.

And I am still all ears for a response on your previous question in which you asked about a serious debate and if V.A Smith was referenced. ( I seriously doubt any of you will respond).

-Digs

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 13:17
I would first of all agree with Anujkhamar. He told you to keep a low profile and you didn't listen. Then, two mods more and a Global Mod tell you the same. I think that you will one day listen but if it will be too late for you, what then?

Now, I think it is up to the Administrators (Komnenos) to decide if you are or are not a reenacment of this 'rajput'. Every user may have his own suspicions about this and as IP's can be changed it is not easy to discover if you really are or are not. But I would advise you to be wiser and not insult someone who has insulted you: you would only show that you are mature enough.

About scholars: every person has his or her own preferences as what scholars do have text that is reasonable. When Omar feels that Hunter does not apply to his needs or level of wisdom, then it is up to Omar to say that the presented scholar (Hunter in our case) has not got a good enough level. Calling such persons 'idiots' however, is going too far and I can agree with you here.
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 14:22
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Digs, as a military force the Rajputs have been confined to the deserts of Rajasthan since Muhammed Ghuri defeated Prithviraj. They couldn't and didn't stop the turks conqurering India, they couldn't and didn't stop the Mughals, they couldn't and didn't stop their neighbours freely adopting Islam.

I think, that only a part of them adopted freely the Islam.
Very sad, anyway...

Eternal glory to all those great heroes,

who fought against the islamic invaders in India!

Edited by The Chargemaster - 21-Aug-2006 at 14:23
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 14:26

Digvijay

To be perfectly honest u r plain rude, If i was to post every insult u have made to others and including myself and if it was reported, u could be banned times over. I am not going to bother digging them out.

If i irritate you because i dismiss the notion of the taj mahal being built on an ancient temple in the absence of concrete proof, specially when ur tone is outright nationalist rather than scholastic, then that is Ur problem.  Despite everything if u can care to show me where i have been rude or insulting. 

I don't have a problem with any religion or ethnic group par se. I would have the same problem with you if u were Muslim or Jehovah.

BTW, u r not a victim.
Digvijay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 15:50
Originally posted by The Chargemaster

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Digs, as a military force the Rajputs have been confined to the deserts of Rajasthan since Muhammed Ghuri defeated Prithviraj. They couldn't and didn't stop the turks conqurering India, they couldn't and didn't stop the Mughals, they couldn't and didn't stop their neighbours freely adopting Islam.

I think, that only a part of them adopted freely the Islam.
Very sad, anyway...

Eternal glory to all those great heroes,

who fought against the islamic invaders in India!

Chargemaster,
Hashim has other motivations besides scholarship. Please read this to learn what happened in India against islamic invaders and how hindus fought to uphold there religion and not turn into another iran/iraq i.e a majority muslim state.

http://hindurajput.blogspot.com/#Rajputs_and_Invasions_of_India

-Digs
Digvijay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 15:55
Originally posted by malizai_

Digvijay

To be perfectly honest u r plain rude, If i was to post every insult u have made to others and including myself and if it was reported, u could be banned times over. I am not going to bother digging them out.

If i irritate you because i dismiss the notion of the taj mahal being built on an ancient temple in the absence of concrete proof, specially when ur tone is outright nationalist rather than scholastic, then that is Ur problem.  Despite everything if u can care to show me where i have been rude or insulting. 

I don't have a problem with any religion or ethnic group par se. I would have the same problem with you if u were Muslim or Jehovah.

BTW, u r not a victim.

Malizai,
 No one irritates me.  Let me ask you a pointed question:
  Hashim and others have said repeatedly conversions to Islam were not coercively done in India.  I pointed to a quote of a pakistani muslim (a few posts back in this thread) author from his book which refutes the claim of Hashim. On reading this some started saying I am doing propaganda! With such a scenario how can a debate proceed? Becuase any one contrary to your beliefs is either a liar or an idiot or doing propaganda.
  Perhaps you can act as a breath of fresh air?
-Digs
Digvijay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 15:58
Originally posted by rider

I would first of all agree with Anujkhamar. He told you to keep a low profile and you didn't listen. Then, two mods more and a Global Mod tell you the same. I think that you will one day listen but if it will be too late for you, what then?

Now, I think it is up to the Administrators (Komnenos) to decide if you are or are not a reenacment of this 'rajput'. Every user may have his own suspicions about this and as IP's can be changed it is not easy to discover if you really are or are not. But I would advise you to be wiser and not insult someone who has insulted you: you would only show that you are mature enough.

About scholars: every person has his or her own preferences as what scholars do have text that is reasonable. When Omar feels that Hunter does not apply to his needs or level of wisdom, then it is up to Omar to say that the presented scholar (Hunter in our case) has not got a good enough level. Calling such persons 'idiots' however, is going too far and I can agree with you here.

Rider,
 If you cannot trust my word that I am not impersonating some one else then I do not know what else to tell you.

-Digs

Edited by Digvijay - 21-Aug-2006 at 15:58
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 16:16
Well, often ones word is not enough for a proof. But as I said, I am no judge in that particluar area. That is left to higher persons eg the Administrators if enough proof is found to claim that you might be the aforementioned 'rajput'. Without these proofs, the claims are nonsense and you shouldn't even read them.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 21:40
This thread serves no futhur purpose.

locked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12