Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who is the next member of the atomic club?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is the next member of the atomic club?
    Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 16:52
Most probably Turkey.

Turkey likely to have nukes by next decade due to regional balance of power.Rumours have it that Turkey already got all the informations and blueprints required from Pakistan and several other nations.

Edited by erci
RomiosArktos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote RomiosArktos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 17:15
Are you going to nuke us?

I am afraid that there will be major nuclear accidents if Turkey builds the nuclear plants and then proceeds to the development of nuclear weapons.
Remember that Turkey is one of the countries where the earthquakes is not a rare phenomenon!

I hope that the nuclear plants will be built far away from Greece,at least don't build them at the Aegean coasts.If you want to commit suicide,at least do it alone

Edited by RomiosArktos
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 17:42
Originally posted by DukeC

Originally posted by azimuth

i wonder why canada and some of the european countries who doesnt have nuks have them now?

Nukes have been a political hot potato in Canada for years. During the Cold War Canadian Forces deployed several nuclear systems. The Bomarc was a nuke tipped SAM, but the warheads were removed in the mid sixties by the Liberal government. Canada also deployed the Lance missile in Europe but never really armed the missiles. Sandbags were put in place of the tactical atom bomb warheads. I don't think they would have been very effective. The longest deployed nukes were air-dropped depth charges but these were removed from service in the 80s. All these weapons were built by the U.S. and more or less lent to Canada.

Canada (and maybe other European nations too) definitely have the technological capabilities to make nukes. But why have them? Canada will NEVER attack or invade another country. As defence weapons, the nukes are entirely useless. So why stockpile these dangerous and useless things on our soil?

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 17:43
The first Turkish reactor is planed for Sinope if i remember right, so not too close to the aegean thank god.

not suprised about the pakistani help either, who havent they helped?

Edited by Leonidas
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 17:47

Originally posted by Leonidas

The first Turkish reactor is planed for Sinope if i remember right, so not too close to the aegean thank god.

not suprised about the pakistani help either, who havent they helped?

I guess the money is good.

RomiosArktos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote RomiosArktos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 17:49
There is i think a well-standing alliance between Pakistan and Turkey.I think that Pakistan has also recognised as a sovereign state the turkish-occupied north part of Cyprus.I am not sure though.Their regimes,Pakistan's and Turkey's are quite similar!

Thanks god that it will be far from us.

merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 18:06

if iran have nuke ,we must have nukes

sorry greeks but we must do it

you are a member of eu but we dont.

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 18:36

If Iran really had a weapons programme, it would have simply withdrawn from teh NPT, quite legally, when India and Pakistan went nuclear.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 18:38
Originally posted by Zagros

If Iran really had a weapons programme, it would have simply withdrawn from teh NPT, quite legally, when India and Pakistan went nuclear.

the west doesnt care about that, they want a weak iran, if they could, they would stop iran from making pistols too.

like the iranian negotiator said "just because the US as the strength to bring pain and suffering doesnt mean they are immune to it themselves, if they want it, then let the ball roll."

however, i dont want any iranians or americans to die, i would feel bad both ways...

but still "peaceful nuclear energy is our right!"

Edited by prsn41ife
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 18:47

peaceful energy

iran have lot of petrols and gas

come on persian41 everybody knows iran makes nukes

Edited by merced12
http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 18:54
Originally posted by merced12

makes nukes? wow, i didnt know that we had them, thanks for the info. and if iran does make nukes, i wouldnt mind either, but i prefer peaceful energy and science.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 19:08

peaceful energy

this is vital  and new intelligence Merced12, i think you should call Mr Bush

Can you guys just aim them at each other
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 19:42

peaceful energy

Believe it or not, Iran is a net importer of refined fuels.  Iran needs to sell its oil and gas, not burn it.  There were plans for 29 nuclear reactors in Iran in the late 60s, Khomeini scrapped those plans, the plant at Bushehr was a work started pre revolution by a German firm, now the Russians will complete it.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 21:04

people think iran has energy. what the west isnt telling you is that iran has to import gasoline.

the prices in iran are the same as the rest of the world, except the gov. subsidises it to lessen the strain on the people.

iran needs to sell all of its gas and oil to survive with all these sanctions and bad relations (damn the mullahs).

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 21:12
Turkey nukes --> Armenia nukes (with obvious Russian help) further
destabilizes the region...
Qajar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Qajar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 21:24

Armenia nukes (with obvious Russian help) further
destabilizes the region...

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------

It's the funnist think I ever heard

Armenia can't increase it's $125mln military budget to compite with azerbaijan's $700mln budget this year, and you are saying about armenian nukes

The only way, if russians install their nukes in Armenia, but it's never to happen.

You are greatest fantasts I ever seen

Shah Ismail I Sefevid - the founder of the greatest azeri-turk ruler dinasti of Iran.

Agha Mohammad Khan Qajar - the founder of the greatest azeri-turk ruler dinasty in Iran.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 21:41
personally I dont want Armenia to have a nuke, but if Turkey gets it, they will try too.

Qajar note that I said with Russian help...
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 22:01
I didn't know that Armenia was in a competition with Turkey, seriously.

I don't think Russians will spend 15 billion dollars just to built a plant in Armenia tho.Russia already has nuclear plants in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan which is not so far away from the region.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 22:07
Armenia already has a plant
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 22:23
I thought it was shutted down after the Soviet Union broke apart since there are no known uranium mines, processing facilities, highly-enriched uranium, or plutonium on the territory of Armenia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>