Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bring the Brits Back Home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bring the Brits Back Home
    Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 14:07
Yes, except the US army didn't catch them, since they weren't ont he run and operating an unofficial consulate that sorted papers for Kurds to visit Iran - it was founded in 1993 and is int he process of becomming official, pending the application tot he Iraqi government.

Iranian feelings on the issue aren't really that important to the regime, and if some people think that nothing adequate resulted from the capture then the regime is no worse off.
Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 14:23

Zagros:

"Um that treatment is not worse than what one would expect from the police if arrested in any Western country. "

LOL Is this a joke?An iranian critisizing OUR police.Man,haven't you got something like a "moral police" that arrests you if you hold a girl by the hand on the street?I imagine if you kiss that girl!Or if a girl doesn't wear a veil?Like the british woman soldier that had a veil on those videos-i guess maybe she put it onLOL.Even if there isn't such a thing in Iran(although someone in this forum wrote about his personal expirience with this "moral police") the police in the west,especialy in the US simply can't harm you if not in self defence because then you can sue her,LIKE A MAN DID IN MY COUNTRY 3 WEEKS AGO!I doubt anyone has ever sued the iranian police,or maybe the police is perfect in Iran and there isn't anything to sue it for.Big%20smile

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 15:00
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

Iran never does anything wrong. What don't you understand? It is all part of the Western conspiracy. The Great Satan, etc., blah blah.

Naturally, the West is too successful to be liked.

Originally posted by Zagros

who the **** is Britain to have a claim anywhere in that part of th world? It would be like an Iran edict on the territorial boundaries of the English channel between France and Belgium. This is a bilateral issue between Iran and Iraq, Britain has ZERO say on the matter.

It's Britain, surely you're aware that these last centuries the English have had no goal of limiting their political influence to within the British isles, this should almost go without saying. And yes, it's a bit like as if Iran was to regulate border disputes in the English channel, but Iran doesn't have the power to do this (thank God, again considering the Iranian regime), whereas Britain has the power to regulate border disputes in the Persian gulf, so the English do have some say in this should they choose to.

This is the order of things at present.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 15:16
Originally posted by Jagiello

Zagros:

"Um that treatment is not worse than what one would expect from the police if arrested in any Western country. "

LOL Is this a joke?An iranian critisizing OUR police.Man,haven't you got something like a "moral police" that arrests you if you hold a girl by the hand on the street?I imagine if you kiss that girl!Or if a girl doesn't wear a veil?Like the british woman soldier that had a veil on those videos-i guess maybe she put it onLOL.Even if there isn't such a thing in Iran(although someone in this forum wrote about his personal expirience with this "moral police") the police in the west,especialy in the US simply can't harm you if not in self defence because then you can sue her,LIKE A MAN DID IN MY COUNTRY 3 WEEKS AGO!I doubt anyone has ever sued the iranian police,or maybe the police is perfect in Iran and there isn't anything to sue it for.Big%20smile

Um Poland?  I have been Western longer than your ex-commie nation. I live in Scotland and have done so for 90% of my life - don't condescend on me in that jingoistic tone - learn some manners and read the CoC for you just violated it.  Keep it up.
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 15:17

Before this argument can be made one must first assume both sides have equal claim, which is yet a matter of preference I imagine. Personally I'd stick with Britain's claim over Iran's even if the marines were apprehended in downtown Teheran, considering the present Iranian regime.

who the **** is Britain to have a claim anywhere in that part of th world? It would be like an Iran edict on the territorial boundaries of the English channel between France and Belgium.  This is a bilateral issue between Iran and Iraq, Britain has ZERO say on the matter.

THERE IS NO INTERNATIONALLY recognised boundary and the British are lying through their teeth.

So,after all everything is clear-the iranians made up a nice show with those videos how the soldiers were treated niceLOL.Yeah,really nice!Threatened that they will stay there for 7 years,put in separate cages and no information of what is going on.And they dare to show videos how "nice" they were treated.I would really like to see what our iranian participants have to say about that.I'm sure it is "all fake" and the soldiers are lying.If i was and iranian i would be ashamed of my own country.

Um that treatment is not worse than what one would expect from the police if arrested in any Western country. 

Iran loves manufacturing crises because they can get off on it.  It serves short term goals, substitutes for policy and it is all they are capable of.  The country is poor, weak, riven with internal stresses and loaded with drug addicts. 

Iran is a novice compared to the UK and the US at manufacturing crises.

Leo is right, they are being made to act like little children, "psychological pressure" indeed, man handling! They were arrested by the IRGC not buddhist monks .  Let's not even go into how the coalition treat innocent OR guilty captives in Iraq - a canvas bag over the head at best, is all I'll say.  Boohoo, we were blindfolded, so traumatic.  What are they marines or boy scouts?

I wonder how many drug addicts there are in the RG.

Not even a fraction of the amount in the US army/marines, that's for sure. 

U.S. Military Letting in More Recruits With Criminal Records

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

WASHINGTON    The Army and Marine Corps are letting in more recruits with criminal records, including some with felony convictions, reflecting the increased pressure of five years of war and its mounting casualties.

According to data compiled by the Defense Department, the number of Army and Marine recruits needing waivers for felonies and serious misdemeanors, including minor drug offenses, has grown since 2003. The Army granted more than double the number of waivers for felonies and misdemeanors in 2006 than it did in 2003. Some recruits may get more than one waiver.

death to everybody, we have no friends.

Iran has plenty of friends in the non-aligned movement, your perspective is only as wide as western medias' scope;

Developing nations in NAM summit in Havana condemn terror, defend Iran's N-program
Media Release
Sep. 13, 2006

The 14th Summit of the world's more than 100 developing countries got underway here with a focus on terrorism, a defence of Iran's controversial nuclear programme and an affirmation that the NAM movement was needed more than ever before in an "unjust world." Cuban Assistant Foreign Affairs Minister Abelardo Moreno, who led the first top officials meeting here yesterday, said anti-terrorism fight cannot be dictated by dates, but by attitude, policies and actions, adding the final declaration of the movement will reject any type of terrorism. The six-day gathering of NAM nations brings together almost 116 leaders from developing countries, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who has defied UN demands that he halt uranium enrichment is also slated to attend the meeting. Heads of state and government will start their talks on Friday, four days after the preparatory meetings. Haiti, St Kitts and Nevis joined the movement yesterday, increasing the members of the grouping to 118.

Zag, you are absolutely amazing.  Are the mullahs paying your tuition?  Are you in the Reserve Revolutionary Guard Training Corps? 

You are acting as a propaganda mouthpiece for those pricks, and I really don't understand why.  According to you, you hate the regime, and you defend their every crime.  And don't give us this crap about Iran's honor.  Those mo fo's have robbed Iran of a lot.  Including honor.

If you are so anti-British, why not leave Scotland, go home and get a job with the regime?  Or enlist for when we "bloodsucker" Americans come? 

I would hold off on that last, as we will be disappointing you there.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 15:18
Originally posted by Reginmund

Iran never does anything wrong. What don't you understand? It is all part of the Western conspiracy. The Great Satan, etc., blah blah.

It's nothing to do with being successful, unless by successful you mean the military and economic oppression of others, in that case then you are right.

It's Britain, surely you're aware that these last centuries the English have had no goal of limiting their political influence to within the British isles, this should almost go without saying. And yes, it's a bit like as if Iran was to regulate border disputes in the English channel, but Iran doesn't have the power to do this (thank God, again considering the Iranian regime), whereas Britain has the power to regulate border disputes in the Persian gulf, so the English do have some say in this should they choose to.

No they have no power to do so and even if they did, it is not their right, unless you are an adgherant to the primtive "might is right" maxim.
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 15:26

who the **** is Britain to have a claim anywhere in that part of th world? It would be like an Iran edict on the territorial boundaries of the English channel between France and Belgium. This is a bilateral issue between Iran and Iraq, Britain has ZERO say on the matter.

Only Iran has the right to do anything.  No one else has any rights, recognized or otherwise.  Everyone is against Iran.  The world is arrogant; Iran will do what it wants and the world can do nothing.  Wink

(Today's lesson in 21st century New Age international affairs.)

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 17:18
     In fairness I think Iran has a reason to be paranoid of western influence and interference in their country. They have had bad rulers who were western puppets, moderate rulers overthrown by the west (which paved the way to the IRI), a brutal Iraq invasion fully supported by the west, and every one of their neighbors minus Turkmenistan and Armenia have U.S. troops stationed there. I just think its funny how some countries go all the way around the world to start a war, then start critisizing a country that hasn't attacked anyone for like a century (maybe more?). Just funny stuff.

And going back to the original topic.... would Iran really get away clean if they entered Iraq waters, surrounded the Brits with firepower to the point where retaliation was "not an option", and abducted them? Theres no doubt in my mind that the Brits trespassed. Because if Iran entered coalition-controlled waters with armed soldiers, and there is no retalition from the U.S./U.K., then either the U.S./U.K. are too scared to retaliate, or they know their troops trespassed. Considering they bent over backwards to invade Iraq, I don't think they were scared.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 17:51
If you are so anti-British, why not leave Scotland, go home and get a job with the regime?  Or enlist for when we "bloodsucker" Americans come? 

The man has the right to live where he wants.What i don't understand is if you hate so much the west or don't aproove what it does or how it treats other nations why live in it?Everybody have the right to live where they want but to live in the west and to swear it and its actions at the same time is just arrogant.Listen Zagros,i don't want to insult you or violate the rules so i'll just ask you.I'm not telling you what to do but just asking-if Iran's so great and the west so ******* , why don't you go to live in Iran?

Don't get emotional as you probably will- i'm just asking.
Xshayathiya View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Xshayathiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 18:11

the police in the west,especialy in the US simply can't harm you if not in self defence

"I like rice. Rice is great if you are hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 19:54
Zag, you are absolutely amazing.  Are the mullahs paying your tuition?  Are you in the Reserve Revolutionary Guard Training Corps? 

Thanks - But NO - on both counts.  I pay my own way - are you on AEI's paylist? Because you mouth off Neo-Con propaganda left and right and can't back up any of your claims, just like them.

You are acting as a propaganda mouthpiece for those pricks, and I really don't understand why.  According to you, you hate the regime, and you defend their every crime.  And don't give us this crap about Iran's honor.  Those mo fo's have robbed Iran of a lot.  Including honor.

You think I will side with those who wish to destroy the place of my origin?And they do, given what they're up to in that respect - somewhere that I most of my family is and a place I have a great deal of love for? You mustbe crazy if you think I want to see a Fallujah in Iran or another Khorramshahr or Susangerd. Let me ask you, if Iran was at America's door with considerable military might and ceaseless threats - and you loathed the American regime - would you side with the Iranians and back their false and vindictive propaganda and intention of complete destruction of your home nation, even if you lived in Australia? Somehow I think not.  At the height of the IRAN-IRAQ war four members of my family fought, they all loathed the regime, yet they fought as any other on the frontline against a racist enemy who wished their country and people destroyed - everybody fought that aggression.  Nothing is different today.

I defend their every crime?  Such as? Let me clarify for you, I will defend Iran's and any other country's sovereignty in any face off with aggressors and the content of my post was meant more for you to look at your own before mocking others.  Come back when Iran is invading and bombing other countries, see if I defend that.

Yes, I am anti-British and I am British, so what of it - are you going to make me leave or something?   If you had read this thread in any depth you would have already been aware that I am a Scottish nationalist, but considering the shallowness of your 'contribution' (a term I use very loosely in this instance) it is not surprising that you have not - I digress - so I ask you, why would or should I leave Scotland? Afterall, I am another vote towards this nation's independence and I have voted SNP since 2003, when the democratic will of the majority of people in this union fell on deaf ears.  However, people still have certain rights in this country and one is the freedom of expression and thought, something that I hope is familiar to you.

What's more, you have no idea what you're talking about.  My father's circle was filled with the most honourable men - beyond your scope of the word - many of whom paid the ultimate price.  My father saved hundreds of lives in thwarting a conspiracy and sacrificed his own position as an army Major and put his own life on the line - he was convinced they would come for him, the only reason he's still alive is because of our family reputation and his connections in the army  - so I find your initial remarks about my enlisting with this regime rather out of place and way over your head, you know nothing about me, so let's not get above ourselves.
I have called the Neo-Cons blood suckers, it is interesting that you misquote and apply it to the American people.  You seem very pro-imperialist US, am I justified in asking why you don't enlist and serve in Iraq?  Afterall, it seems they need all the meat they can get for the grinder these days.  You have even called the Mullah agenda Persian dominance over Arabs. You threw in an ethno element where clearly none exists. That is neo-con BS.

The man has the right to live where he wants.What i don't understand is if you hate so much the west or don't aproove what it does or how it treats other nations why live in it?Everybody have the right to live where they want but to live in the west and to swear it and its actions at the same time is just arrogant.Listen Zagros,i don't want to insult you or violate the rules so i'll just ask you.I'm not telling you what to do but just asking-if Iran's so great and the west so ******* , why don't you go to live in Iran?

Don't get emotional as you probably will- i'm just asking.

Emotional? I don't think so.

Now, who said Iran is great?  I am defending its legal RIGHTS as a nation. And who hates the West? From these baseless rantings I can deduce that you need to improve your reading comprehension in English because I have no idea how you can discern my being anti-Western from anything said in this thread or any other - everything about me and my lifestyle is Western, undoubtedly more than yours.  You should detach from your chauvinistic paradigm and view the world from other perspectives instead of reaching baseless judgments and conclusions about other people of whom you have zero knowledge, especially when you do it with such a pseudo-arrogant and condescending tone. 

I'll let you in on something that is evidently beyond your deductive capability: being against the foreign policy of one country or another does not make one against that country, quite simple and often to the contrary really; I know many many like minded Scots, Americans, Irish and English.  To give an example, I am vehemently opposed to American foreign policy with regard to certain regions of the world yet have admiration for many aspects of America and its society, and indeed, I travel there often.

To conclude - for the last time, discuss the topic this is not some discussion about where my loyalties lie or a flame war for migrating trolls who seek to gratify their nationalist inferiority complex by condescending on other nations and contributors. Particularly if it's for the affections of members with certain inclinations, from certain other countries.

Edited by Zagros - 07-Apr-2007 at 20:01
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 19:57
LOL  Well I guess you told me how you feel about that.

I think you are too smart to think the way you do about some things, but neither of us can tell the other how to think.

Over and out.

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 23:48
Originally posted by Gundamor

This gets a tad old. So your saying 2 wrongs make a right? Also the Iranians do just fine. Perhaps you could ask Zahra Kazemi how they treat prisoners, if she was alive that is. When someone goes against Iranian government views they handle it ruthlessly just like the U.S. so standing up for what the Iranians do is silly unless you agree with what both do.
never in my posts did i say iran was right, just that Britain isn't right either. However when members here (and the media) try to make out the treatment was harsh, as some sort of evidence of Iranian brutality,  im going to give some perspective. What happened to the British, wasn't worse, different hec not even close to what we have all already seen. So whats the big deal?

Iran is surrounded by a hostile global power with allot of firepower very close, no,  right on its sea lanes and borders. The USA has the reserved the right to use this force to achieve it ends on Iran. What are they suppose to do? act like good little tea ladies from the good old imperial times, wait to be hit from above or police their periphery, protect their interests?

Neither zagros or I like the Mullahs, rather  i wish them gone,  but this has nothing to do with them.

Edited by Leonidas - 07-Apr-2007 at 23:57
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2007 at 00:03

Britain has the power to be there. i wouldn't say it has the power to enforce. But more importantly it hasn't the authority. The west cannot draw borders for other nations any more. Many of our current problems come from these imperial border legacies so i would prefer they stay out and let everyone else agree amongst themselves, even if it means a war or two or three. 

unless your proposing we go back 100 years and let London (Washington) or Paris carve up the world..
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2007 at 03:52
I am not much pro-iranian, but how iran treated an enemy country (UK) soldiers is much more better than how USA treated an ally country(Turkey).

Sure, Iran was playing her game, but she did not treat soldiers more bad than any other country. Infact she treated soldiers much more than a lot country(specially anglos).
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2007 at 13:55
The UK personnel will seel their story now to the papers for a small fortune.

What does everyone think about that?  Is it very ethical?  The questions raised include the morality of it - they are profiteering from their service while other service personnel lose their lives and are pretty much forgotten the next day, except by their families who more often than not maintain silence and grieve in peace.  Is this a disrespect to the memory of fallen soldiers and their relatives?

I think it's pretty gross actually - 12 days of relatively easy captivity - now they are back home while their colleagues are still thousands of miles away and they stand to make possibly hundreds of thousands of pounds.  The MoD has not issued a gagging order on this issue probably because it makes for good propaganda.  The families of dead soldiers must also feel pretty sick about it.

LOL  Well I guess you told me how you feel about that.

I think you are too smart to think the way you do about some things, but neither of us can tell the other how to think.

Over and out.

And we're both entitled to free thought without the threat of ostracisation - I enjoy it when people attack my ideas and opinions in any reasonable way, however, what puts me off are personal assumptions and accusations, things which are not consistent with informed and constructive debate.

Edited by Zagros - 08-Apr-2007 at 14:11
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2007 at 14:35

I enjoy it when people attack my ideas

Sounds like masochist talk
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2007 at 15:07

It's nothing to do with being successful, unless by successful you mean the military and economic oppression of others, in that case then you are right.

That was part of the picture, yes. But I expect you to be at least somewhat aware of the history of the Middle East these last couple of centuries, and if so you must know that these countries' infrastructure would still be medieval in every way if it hadn't been for the "evil imperialists" modernizing it, and the famines and epidemics which plagued the Middle East before this was done would have claimed far more lives and caused far more tragedy than any
military oppression from Europe ever has. I doubt many Middle Easterners today would truly like to return to the "good old days" before European Imperialism, just as few modern Europeans would like to live in the middle ages.

This is, I'm aware, only relevant to this discussion in the most general sense.

Edited by Reginmund - 08-Apr-2007 at 15:09
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2007 at 16:17
These Britons were caught in Persian Gulf, not in the English Chanel. If Iranian soldiers were caught in the English Channel, I would sympatize with the British, but not definitely in this case
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2007 at 16:29
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

I enjoy it when people attack my ideas

Sounds like masochist talk

Sorry, what I meant to say is that I enjoy debunking the counter arguments.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>