Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Milosevic dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Milosevic dead
    Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 07:31
Radio station says Milosevic dead

Former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic has died in The Hague, Belgrade B-92 radio reports.
There is no confirmation of this.

Mr Milosevic, 64, has been on trial at the UN war crimes tribunal for genocide and other war crimes.

News flash from BBC
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 07:33
The newest news flash!

Milosevic 'found dead in prison'

Former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic has died in The Hague, radio reports and his lawyer says.
Steven Kay, Mr Milosevic's lawyer, told BBC News 24 that he had been found dead in his cell on Saturday morning.

Mr Milosevic, 64, has been on trial at the UN war crimes tribunal for genocide and other war crimes.

The tribunal last month rejected a request by Mr Milosevic to go to Russia for medical treatment. He had high blood pressure and a heart condition.

From BBC

Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 07:39
Woah, youre not joking. Thats crazy.

"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 07:40
The Bastard, he got away with it, just like Tudjman.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 07:46
Yeah, seen a NOS and NU.NL link on it too. Its apparently a natural death, unless theres further updates on the matter.
Arrrgh!!"
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 07:56

Originally posted by Komnenos

The Bastard, he got away with it, just like Tudjman.

Unless you're n American who believes in the death penalty, then he's just saved the taxpayers money.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 08:38

Originally posted by Cywr

Yeah, seen a NOS and NU.NL link on it too. Its apparently a natural death, unless theres further updates on the matter.

Until further details are advanced, the bastard was killed by the Hague authority. Refusing him medical assistance is the perfect way of getting done with that endless trial and still save some dosh.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 08:57
Too bad. He could have been the first head of state to be found guilty on war crimes since Tojo Hideki.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 10:41

Another ruthless dictator had faded away from this world, with all his sins.

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 10:42
I've been watching it all afternoon. I can't help but laugh, really. I'm so dissapointed and at the same time pleased.

The genocide lawsuit against Serbia and Montenegro just became immeasurably more important.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 10:49
its all over CNN...
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 11:02
Reaction to his death.

Paddy Ashdown, former EU Special Representative to Bosnia and Herzegovina:

"There is no doubt that of the evil that stalked the Balkans for the best part of a decade one way or another, one of the primary authors was Slobodan Milosevic.

"I suppose those of us who would have wished to see justice rather than death be delivered to Milosevic will regret the fact that the justice process is halted.

"It may lead to a small period of instability as some want to make their last obeisances to the person they admired."

Munira Subasic, Srebrenica Widows Association:

"With other survivors of the Srebrenica genocide, I have protested in the streets of Tuzla on the 11th of every month since 1995.

More times than I can count I have stood in this very place and begged the world for justice not only for my husband and my sons, but for the husbands and sons of all of Srebrenica's women.

In a world where the most petty expressions of justice take years, it is no surprise to me that criminals die before a verdict can be reached. More significantly, many of their victims also pass to God as well.

We will pressure for a posthumous verdict and gather all our effort for the protests at The Hague during the genocide lawsuit."

Javier Solana, European Union foreign policy chief:

"I hope very much this event, the death of Milosevic, will help Serbia to look definitely to the future."

Nigel Evans, Conservative MP and vice chairman of the all-party group on Serbia:

"It will probably draw a line under his influence in many ways in that country. It gives them now a fantastic opportunity for a fresh start completely.

"A natural course for me would not have been a natural death but natural justice.

"While any death is a tragedy in this case it is very poignant in as much as in this case there are many families who would have liked to have seen him come to justice."

Stjepan Mesic, Croatian president:

"It's a pity that Milosevic did not live through the trial and get his deserved sentence."

Ursula Plassnik, Austrian foreign minister:

"This does not change or alter in any way the need to come to terms with the past, with the legacy of which Slobodan Milosevic has been a part.

"This will be one of the big challenges ahead for the region in order to reach what is the ultimate goal we are all working on, and this is lasting peace and reconciliation."

Lufi Haziri, deputy prime minister of Kosovo:

"Unfortunately, he did not face justice for crimes he has committed in Kosovo."

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 11:32
LOL I'm watching the CNN report:

"But it's not over, Mr. Holbrooke, because Carrot-ditch and Melodic are still free."

Dumbasses.
Cunctator View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Cunctator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 11:41
That means all three leaders -- Milosevic, Izetbegovic and Tudjman -- were never judged by courts for their behaviour in the Bosnian war. An interesting coincidence but, given their ages, perhaps somewhat predictable.
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 11:58
Ahh, slobo.
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 12:10
I hope Mirjana tries to bury him in Belgrade and gets arrested herself. Everyone knows Milosevic was her puppet anyway and Serbia has dozens of outstanding warrants against her but Russia won't extradite her.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 12:20

Bosnian Muslim Esefa Alic, 45, cheers as she listens to news about the death of Slobodan Milosevic at the Srebrenica Widows Association in Tuzla. The photos are of the more than 6,000 men and boys from Srebrenica whose bodies have never been recovered and remain classified as missing, including Alic's two teenage sons. Slobodan Milosevic, the former Yugoslav leader who orchestrated the Balkan wars of the 1990s and was on trial for war crimes, was found dead in his prison cell near The Hague, the U.N. tribunal said Saturday.

Bosnian Muslim Munira Subasic leads survivors of the Srebrenica massacre in a peaceful protest in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina, on Saturday, March 11. The women marched to demonstrate they will not give up following the death of Slobodan Milosevic and will continue to pressure the international community and Serbian authorities for justice and carry a banner reading, "War and Genocide = The Serb Republic". Slobodan Milosevic, the former Yugoslav leader who orchestrated the Balkan wars of the 1990s and was on trial for war crimes, was found dead in his prison cell near The Hague, the U.N. tribunal said Saturday.
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 13:33
Same old, same old. *smh*
YuGo View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote YuGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 13:52

Now there is some controversy, about the Hague not letting him seek treatment in Moscow.. Mirjana Saying something like, " the Hague murdered my husband". I am pretty sure they will burry him in Moscow, Russia. There is no way she will ever go back to Serbia!

I have been watching CNN all day, They keep calling him the butcher of the Balkans! lol I also saw the Meladic and Carrot-Ditch thing too. LOL.

Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 14:26
OMG, I know. The Butcher of the Balkans, wow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>