Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Stolen Sanjaq - Hatay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Stolen Sanjaq - Hatay
    Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 20:59
http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2005/751/chrncls.htm

Until recently, the province of Hatay was included as a part of Syria on Syrian maps...

Do you think that it was a good idea to give Hatay to Turkey, and not to Syria, considering the fact that the Turks barely constituted 50% of the population of the province?
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 21:00

As far as i know, the people there did rebel and wanted self tobe part of Turkey.

Edit: wtf "stolen sanjaq??" we didnt stole anything!

Edited by DayI
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 21:24
Towards the end of the article, it is said that Arab nationalists call Hatay ''the stolen sanjaq''. I guess it's because Hatay was initially going to be part of Syria.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 05:54
Originally posted by Artaxiad

Towards the end of the article, it is said that Arab nationalists call Hatay ''the stolen sanjaq''. I guess it's because Hatay was initially going to be part of Syria.
not "arabs" as whole, syrian nationalists where claiming that, that issue is now solved by premier R T E. 
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 06:03
Hatay parliment voted for joining Turkey.
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2006 at 06:43

Thats right Hatay was part of the Ottoman Empire then was going to be part of Syria, became independent, then in voted to join with Turkey.

Republic of Hatay

Stamp used in Hatay Republic

Edited by OSMANLI
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 14:49
Originally posted by Artaxiad

Do you think that it was a good idea to give Hatay to Turkey, and not to Syria, considering the fact that the Turks barely constituted 50% of the population of the province?

It was realy good idea to give Hatay to Turkey. I don't think that the people of Hatay would have wanted to travel Istanbul (or Izmir or Antalya) with a passport. Considering Syrian's economy with Turkish economy, Turkey is very very rich and modern country.

Hatay/Antakya (or Iskenderun) is the one of most beautiful cities in Turkey, even the world. verrryyyyy rich culture and history and modern people.

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2006 at 18:40
Stolen sanjaq?

who gave Turkey what? I remember reading about Syrians begging Ataturk to save Syria as well.That was before Republic of Hatay decided to join to Republic of Turkey.

Arto, try something else
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 10:39

Well, it was the decision of people of Hatay...And most of Hatay's population was definitely Turkish.

Syria's claim is actually based on French occupation of Hatay after WW I...But later, it was rightfully ceded back to Turkey..

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 10:57
no most of people at hatay is arab.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 11:25

Originally posted by Mortaza

Oh,really?Go there and ask people of their identities and make a poll to see the result

Actually in any case, it doesn't really matter as its own people chose to be with Turkey.

Edited by Kapikulu
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Bashibozuk View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Bashibozuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 14:29

Generalisations, in Turkey sometimes reach a dangerous level, especially when people pretend things when they have no idea at all. But if you say this same sentence to a Turkmen in Kirikhan or Reyhanli, or even in Kamishli, Syria, he'd probably beat you up. They are sensitive, you know.

Anyway, most Turks in Hatay are from Turkmen origin, just like in some Eastern provinces' such as Tunceli, Elazig, Malatya...

Garibim, namima Kerem diyorlar,
Asli'mi el almis, harem diyorlar.
Hastayim, derdime verem diyorlar,
Marasli Seyhoglu Satilmis'im ben.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 15:33

realy? so why my relatives are there? I am from trabzon, I didnt know trabzon have much turkmen.

I have a friend from kirikhan, and no He didnt hit me. Infact It is he who give said me, Hatay have an arab majority.

Also I had no idea about turkmen majority at malatya.(I went there)

merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 15:49

malatya yes mhp castle.i have hatay freinds most of turkmen

halep and lazkiye most of turkmens live there

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 16:00

Malatya MHP castle? when did MHP get Malatya?  I just dont remember it, isnt they supported Anap and now AKP.

Anyway, Maybe you are right about hatay, we cannot be sure about it, after all arabs were never counted.

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:19
Well, doesn't matter which race they were born from 1000 years ago, the question is, do they feel Turkish or not? And the answer is yes...
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2006 at 19:43
Originally posted by Mortaza

Malatya MHP castle? when did MHP get Malatya?  I just dont remember it, isnt they supported Anap and now AKP.

Anyway, Maybe you are right about hatay, we cannot be sure about it, after all arabs were never counted.

mortaza harbiden cahil olduguna inanicam malatya mhpnin guclu kalelerindendir.en son belediye baskani mhp simdiki akp milletvekillerinin cogu mhp kokenli malatyadan.

16th century world;
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 02:02

Well, doesn't matter which race they were born from 1000 years ago, the question is, do they feel Turkish or not? And the answer is yes...

did you read SABAH(A newspaper) at yesterday?

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 02:14

mortaza harbiden cahil olduguna inanicam malatya mhpnin guclu kalelerindendir.en son belediye baskani mhp simdiki akp milletvekillerinin cogu mhp kokenli malatyadan.

At 2002 election MHP got 6.02% vote at malatya. Dehap got 6.11%

At 1999 election MHP got 19.78% vote and FP got 25.28% vote.

At 1995 election MHP got 8.33%.

1991 Election.

1 ANAP
4 Mnir Doan LMEZTOPRAK
Gazi BARUT
Metin EMROLU
')" onmouseout=kill() href="javascript opup2('PHP','vekiller.php?parti_id=36&yil_id=11&il_i d=203',450,350,'no','yes','yes')" ;>listesi
2 SHP
1 ')" onmouseout=kill() href="javascript opup2('PHP','vekiller.php?parti_id=37&yil_id=11&il_i d=203',450,350,'no','yes','yes')" ;>listesi
3 RP

1987 election;

1 ANAP
5 Metin EMROLU
Mehmet Blent APAROLU
Talat ZENGN
Galip DEMREL
')" onmouseout=kill() href="javascript opup2('PHP','vekiller.php?parti_id=43&yil_id=10&il_i d=277',450,350,'no','yes','yes')" ;>listesi
2 SHP
1 ')" onmouseout=kill() href="javascript opup2('PHP','vekiller.php?parti_id=44&yil_id=10&il_i d=277',450,350,'no','yes','yes')" ;>listesi
3 RP

So who is cahil now? do you still think, malatya is a castle of MHP?

merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 05:53
 19 a kadar cikabildigi icin mhp icin kale demektir
16th century world;
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>