Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Christianity and homophobia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
JuMong View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JuMong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christianity and homophobia
    Posted: 21-Mar-2013 at 17:35

Anyone else made aware of Michelle Shocked's recent adventure? It is relatively amusing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL-8kSj7TtY

------

Since I have aligned myself with the Christians, the real problem that Christians have is not "homosexuality," but the relative decline of morality in the Western Society at large. "Gay marriage" issue has become a sticking point for Christians in general.  Liberals have gone too far. 

Edited by JuMong - 21-Mar-2013 at 17:42
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2013 at 20:52
Originally posted by TITAN_

Originally posted by Baal Melqart

Originally posted by Nick1986

Originally posted by Baal Melqart

Just as a side note, marrying your sister used to be acceptable in some ancient civilizations such as Egypt. Yet now we see it as something totally abhorring and repulsive and no one would even twitch his finger to prohibit this sort of marriage and I think that's for the best.

Same goes with homosexual marriage. Just because some people think it should be legalized doesn't necessarily mean we should... Or else think of all the pedophiles like NAMBLA pushing for pedophile marriage or brother-sister marriages. Why can we judge the latter with a free conscience but when it comes to homosexuals we have to do a double standard? Remember that pedophiles do have a genuine attraction to little boy/girls and it would kill them to not have a partner!

Incest is still widely practised today. In arranged marriages it is common to marry one's cousin to safeguard the inheritance

How is marrying one's cousin incest?

It depends on what type of cousin we are talking about.... If it's about first cousins, then it sounds like incest to me. If it is a third cousin, the blood connection is really distant. 

It's incest because a cousin is the child of your father's brother. Both you and your cousin have the same grandparents
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234