Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Love and Peace forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Love and Peace forum
    Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 15:27
Ok..things are heating up again...so here's what I'm thankful for

Mongolia:  Mongolian Restauraunts...I don't know how white washed "Genghis Kahn" at the brea mall is, but it sure is good.

Japan:  Mochi, my newly discovered delight.

China:  Thanks for taking the initiaitve for perserving the Goguryeo ruins!

Korea:  Kimchi...what can I say?...oh and the actress Choi Jiwoo from Winter Sonata.

Vietnam:  Pho...especially having restaraunts called Pho King...

Edited by Gubukjanggoon
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2004 at 19:23

OH YEAH.  Man are you gonna hit that sh*t or what.  I say go for it man.

Edited by MengTzu
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2004 at 05:21

Originally posted by MengTzu

Who the heck is Tiffany.  (I probably asked you this before huh.)

she was the girl whom i almost had a one night stand with...

chaeohk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote chaeohk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 20:42
Originally posted by ianhughes

Wow, there is a board with more flame wars than this?  Well I'm sure there is actually.  Btw, you can see a similar trend with some Mainland Chinese these days: strong reaction towards the slightest criticism (or neutral statements that were interpreted wrongly to be criticism because the interpreter was too sensitive,) a lot of pride for past achievements, etc.  I think in this particular board, the patriotic Chinese surpass the patriotic Koreans in terms of the number of flame wars they start.  The Koreans here are pretty mellow.

Hell, most of the threads in that board turns in flames. I dont have a problem with national pride, but SOME Koreans just overdo it if you know what I mean, like to the point where you think it's all starting to get annoying....like this is unprecedented and that is unprecedented (I supose being wedge against growing and I might add scary China and economic superpower Japan is not a good thing, along with having to deal with a maniac brother in North Korea).

Mainland Chinese seem to be arrogant in a different light - it's more of a "we were once this great and now we are going to regain that position" type stance. This is also very annoying and the ones I've studied with during my university days - especially those from Shanghai are downright up themselves.

[/QUOTE]

true korea is pressured from all sides... thats why we need to be patriotic
ianhughes View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ianhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 20:06

Wow, there is a board with more flame wars than this?  Well I'm sure there is actually.  Btw, you can see a similar trend with some Mainland Chinese these days: strong reaction towards the slightest criticism (or neutral statements that were interpreted wrongly to be criticism because the interpreter was too sensitive,) a lot of pride for past achievements, etc.  I think in this particular board, the patriotic Chinese surpass the patriotic Koreans in terms of the number of flame wars they start.  The Koreans here are pretty mellow.

[/QUOTE]

Hell, most of the threads in that board turns in flames. I dont have a problem with national pride, but SOME Koreans just overdo it if you know what I mean, like to the point where you think it's all starting to get annoying....like this is unprecedented and that is unprecedented (I supose being wedge against growing and I might add scary China and economic superpower Japan is not a good thing, along with having to deal with a maniac brother in North Korea).

Mainland Chinese seem to be arrogant in a different light - it's more of a "we were once this great and now we are going to regain that position" type stance. This is also very annoying and the ones I've studied with during my university days - especially those from Shanghai are downright up themselves.

MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 12:35
Who the heck is Tiffany.  (I probably asked you this before huh.)
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 06:03
    now i've got another reason to thank Korea...Tiffany..
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 01:53
Go <3 and peace.
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2004 at 01:48

Nah, if you want to see real flame wars just visit a real site about Taiwanese politics and watch the Chinese drop in every thread totally unrelated to the topic, saying something about how all Taiwanese will assimilated and how resistance is futile.  (yes, I am a nerd...) 

Oh wait, that's not that different from this forum! 'o'

Orz

OGC

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 21:44

Wow, there is a board with more flame wars than this?

you've never seen a flame war until you've been to enjoyjapan.. Korea vs. Japan

you'd have to be able to read Korean or Japanese to see it, but i suggest you stay away even if you can read either of them..

The Koreans here are pretty mellow.

I'll show you mellow

j/k

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 13:45

Originally posted by chaeohk

koreans don't start wars... but fight back when revoked.....

We're not talking about actual wars dude.    Besides, the flame wars are usually started as "fighting back" when provoked (and yeah, it's "provoked," not "revoked.")

chaeohk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote chaeohk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 13:43
koreans don't start wars... but fight back when provoked.....

ummm...sorrry.... peace.......

China- food..
Japan-sushi
korea-i am korean

Edited by chaeohk
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 13:24
Originally posted by ianhughes

Heh, let me say this is a much less "confrontation, arrogant and demeaning" board than say the AsiaFinest board. Damn there are just too many flame wars in that.

Btw, no offence, but every Korean (well apparently anyway seen as they claim to be Korean) seem to be somewhat very sensitive and patriotic, much more than the Chinese and Japanese. I've seen them defend EVERYTHING that is anti Korean or somewhat critical of Korea, like issues on plastic surgery, dog eating etc. OTH, they do seem to get over the top with claims that Korean achievements are somewhat unprecedented and THAT great. I'm supportive or national pride, but I've always found Koreans whether in real life or on the web postings to be a tad too patriotic and somewhat arrogant?? Btw, I have no beef towards Koreans in general.

Edited by MengTzu
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 08:32
Hehe...there's a more recent love and peace forum....the beef here seems not to be with koreans but between mainland Chinese and Taiwanese...welcome to AE!
ianhughes View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ianhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 07:59

Heh, let me say this is a much less "confrontation, arrogant and demeaning" board than say the AsiaFinest board. Damn there are just too many flame wars in that.

Btw, no offence, but every Korean (well apparently anyway seen as they claim to be Korean) seem to be somewhat very sensitive and patriotic, much more than the Chinese and Japanese. I've seen them defend EVERYTHING that is anti Korean or somewhat critical of Korea, like issues on plastic surgery, dog eating etc. OTH, they do seem to get over the top with claims that Korean achievements are somewhat unprecedented and THAT great. I'm supportive or national pride, but I've always found Koreans whether in real life or on the web postings to be a tad too patriotic and somewhat arrogant?? Btw, I have no beef towards Koreans in general.

Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 23:16
You also have to take into account the loggers too...Granted deforestation is a bad thing, but the Loggers basically have no other way to support themselves or their families...it's really a dilema.
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 20:17
What would happen when the rain forrest is gone is that we'll lose about 50% of earth's natural ability to absorb CO2.  The result doesn't not bold well for the animal called humans.
Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 15:39
Well it is now!  Since you live in Brazil, and you are asian, you have connections to some asian country, so therefore, since you are asian, so must the country you live in!
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 15:35
lolz....  I never knew Brazil was part of Asia
Grrr..
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 15:17
Originally posted by hansioux

I have to say, Brazil is the most important nation in the world.

In fact I am wearing an Brazilian football jersey as I type.

If there's no Brazil, there goes 2/3 of the world's rain forrests.  And that... means death of all man kind.

Brazil is important because it has the hottest women in the world!!!

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>