Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next king super power.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next king super power.
    Posted: 27-Sep-2004 at 17:25
Originally posted by maersk

yea, i can see india outstripping china in growth within 10 years.

actually, we already have. the last quater of 2003 saw india have over a 10% growth, and the first quater figures, which have finally come through, posted a growth rate above seven.

China and India are the top dogs for the job. historically, they've always had a high output. just before european imperealism started, india and china accounted for about 50% of the economic output, and about 30-40% of the worlds population.

Economies tend tend to work in cycles, and i think that we are nearing the age of china and india once again.

people keep on talking about brazil, but frankly i know nothing about hte brazilian economy, can someone post some details about them (i've always had an interest in brazil, but never acutally took it further than words, so no time like the present i guess).
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2004 at 15:29
Originally posted by Mosquito

Originally posted by Paul

The EU should be the world's only super power now. It has by far the most powerful economy in the world, but can't get it act together at any other level.

By 2020-2030 it will have doubled in population and incorperated most of the old Warsaw Pact and will stretch from Iceland to the Pacific it will match China and India for population and oustrip them combined for resources. But will it have solved it's unity problems?

Now you made me laugh. EU is sick and its situation soon will become worse because it keep decreasing. The birth rate in all EU countries, old and new is terrible. Soon Europe will become the place where live only old people. It will ruin both its strange and economy.  And Russia will never fit to the EU requirements. Nor it want to join EU.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2004 at 15:28

[/QUOTE]

Now you made me laugh. EU is sick and its situation soon will become worse because it keep decreasing. The birth rate in all EU countries, old and new is terrible. Soon Europe will become the place where live only old people.

[/QUOTE]

Britain takes in between a quarter of a million and half a million legal immigrants per year from commonwealth countries, all young. This will substantially increase over the next few years with and influx from eastern Europe too. France also has similar immigration statistics and Germany is coming round. There is many times the projected labour shortfall clammering to get in from Asia and Africa and enough EU member states willing to open the door. The  only countries that will suffer from a shortage of youth are the more xenophobic eastern countries. Still europe will need a retirement home and Poland could just be the place!

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2004 at 15:27

Europes time is over, they had their time, and all they could ever do was fight constantly and screw everyone over,  they are washed up, ad so will America in 50-100 years.

China is expanding but no where near as fast as people say, its current governmnet being evil oppressive and corrupt will have to go before it becoes a world power.

Iida I beleive, will make it there first.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234