Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Total Quiz XI, Part 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total Quiz XI, Part 1
    Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 18:21
I think you are making it worse
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 14:45
The answers so far aren't very close. There is a part in the question that may be deliberately misleading.

I'm not sure if my previous comment about "empire" was very clear (sorry). What I mean was that the type of state it was can be considered an empire based on its geographical boundaries.

Edited by Imperator Invictus
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 14:18
no error just tring to figure out if guesses where right
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 14:12
Yes.  PM me if you think there's been an error with scoring.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 14:09
II have you checked answer recently?
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 13:33
I think what it's saying is that this city (the answer to the question) was the second capital of the empire. The capital was originally somewhere else before it was relocated to here.

Yeah, I have to say, this is a particularly hard question. I honestly had never heard of this city before.

Edited by Imperator Invictus
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 13:29
This was the great capital of a great European empire. The city was named after the beloved wife of its ruler. What is the name of this city? (by cavalry4ever)
Hint: Another great capital of the same empire was relocated to this city.
This hint doesn't make any sense: if it is the same empire, was the capital relocated from this city to this very same city? Or was this the second (third?) capital of the empire?
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 13:16
Answers to completed questions have been posted and scores have been updated with question submission bonuses.

On to round two! good luck.
yan. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote yan. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 13:16

"Q6. He was born the son of a humble craftsman in Holland. His profession took him all over Europe and in the country, in which he died, a title was bestowed on him, that wouldnt be given to another foreigner for many a year. He is not well known under his birth name. and even more famous is an old school friend of his. Who is he and whats his friends name? (by Komnenos)

Answer:
Pope Adrian VI (Adrianus Florentius) and Erasmus of Rotterdam. He was the only Dutch pope and the last non-Italian till the current one."

I'm pretty sure Karol Wojtyla wasn't Italian either.

Edited by yan.
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 12:14
A little less than 1 hours to go for the first round.
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 23:17
A Clarification for Question 11 (This was the great capital of a great European empire. The city was named after the beloved wife of its ruler. What is the name of this city?)

The term "empire" needs to be taken quite literally, so a state that is reasonably large, let's say at least the size of France. However, I can see that this is a vague question, and I'm open for some discussion on this one after the answer has been released. I've received some answers that could loosely be correct, depending on what can be considered an "empire.
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 22:07
For that question, the country, month, date, and year is good enough.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 17:55
Clarification, please:

Who and when carried first bombing raid on Berlin in WW2. (by Mosquito)

How detailed has to be the answer? Country and year is enough? Month and year?
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 11:08
A Clarification on Question 14:

As a Prince, he struggled to hold his inherited homelands. As an outcast, he rallied his men and returned to power in foreign lands. As a poet, he composed his autobiography to remind future generations of his hardships and victories. As a man, he was one of the greatest of his time. Who was he?
here, "autobiography" must refer to a lenghty work, about the size of a 200-300 page modern-day novel.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 16:26
Yup it's good
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 16:25
Should be fine now...
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 16:04

Not quite now I get 

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/TQ/results.asp, line 128

instead of the chart

Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 15:57
Ok I think I've fixed it. It turns out that when you edit questions, stuff goes out of sync. 
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 15:41
II I think your scoring program is out of wack .   I got points for question 2+4 but have not submitted answers for them.
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 13:54
Yan, please submit the answer directly, rather than a link. thanks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>