Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iran, Bourse and the US Dollar; the REAL reason for hostility

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran, Bourse and the US Dollar; the REAL reason for hostility
    Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 12:28

more details on the potential effect of the Iranian bourse.

The more I read ont his the more convincing it is.

either  "abject poverty or invade Iran"- "will make the 1929 crash look like a bounced check"...

Excerpt:

Is it mere coincidence that the Fed will begin hiding M-3 the same month that Iran will launch its Iran Oil Bourse, or is there a direct threat to the stability of the U.S. dollar, the U.S. economy, and the U.S. standard of living? Are Americans being set up for a collapse in our economy that will make the Great Depression of the 1930s look like a bounced check? If you cannot or will not make the value and stability of the U.S. currency of personal importance, if you are unwilling to demand from your elected officials, an immediate abolishment of the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and the fiat money scheme that the banking cartel has used for nearly a century now to keep our government and our people in a state of perpetual debt, than you are faced with but two alternatives, abject poverty, or invading Iran.

The plans to invade Iran are unspoken, but unfolding before our very eyes. The media has been reporting on Iran more often, and increasingly harshly. For the U.S. government to justify invading Iran, it must first begin to phase out the War in Iraq, which it is already doing. Next, it must portray the Iranian President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, as a threat to the region and the world. Finally, once naive American people are convinced the weapons of mass destruction that were to be found in Iraq are actually in Iran, coupled with the almost daily media coverage of Irans nuclear power / weapons program aspirations, and what we will soon have on our hands is another fabricated war that will result in tens of thousands of civilian lives being lost, all because the political elected pawns in Washington DC lack the discipline to return our currency to a gold or silver standard, end the relationship with the foreign banking cartel called the Federal Reserve, and limit the activities of the U.S. government to those articulated in Article I Section 8 of the Constitution for the United States of America.

http://www.newswithviews.com/public_comm/public_commentary31 .htm

Edited by Zagros
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 13:34
i believe in this theory 100%.
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 15:19

Could it be likely that this bourse mechanism is a desperation move on the part of the regime in Teheran?  To try to inflate prices it can charge for Iranian oil as long as possible?  The mullahs seem ever more desperate to cling to their power, and since they find it necessary to spend treasure on Hamas and Hezbollah rather than Iranians, the bourse might actually inflate prices for a time.....keep the wolf from the door.

Oooooo.....the Wall Street capitalists are shaking in their $4,000 suits, before they go to the country club.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 15:27
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

Could it be likely that this bourse mechanism is a desperation move on the part of the regime in Teheran?  To try to inflate prices it can charge for Iranian oil as long as possible?  The mullahs seem ever more desperate to cling to their power, and since they find it necessary to spend treasure on Hamas and Hezbollah rather than Iranians, the bourse might actually inflate prices for a time.....keep the wolf from the door.

Oooooo.....the Wall Street capitalists are shaking in their $4,000 suits, before they go to the country club.

the oil bourse was planned a long time ago, before the whole security council issue and when the nuclear issue looked like it was going to be solved. so no, this isnt out of desperation. this is more like an attempt to allow the middle east to have a say about the oil they export, and i support that move, why should the west decide everything?

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 15:29
Originally posted by prsn41ife

the oil bourse was planned a long time ago, before the whole security council issue and when the nuclear issue looked like it was going to be solved. so no, this isnt out of desperation. this is more like an attempt to allow the middle east to have a say about the oil they export, and i support that move, why should the west decide everything?

Probably because it can.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 15:34

This was first announced in 2000 I believe.

counter argument, based ont eh economic and legislative incompetence of the IRI, but these are problems that can be fixed with time.

http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish/article_13228.shtml

Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 15:35

Zagros:

I read that webpage and did a little exploring there.  It appears to be a pro-gold standard (and slightly anti-Semitic?) right wing site.

I would not put much stock in its views.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 15:39
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 15:48
Originally posted by Zagros

http://www.lexpress.mu/display_news_dimanche.php?news_id=601 03

http://www.energybulletin.net/12125.html

Thanks.  Well, the U.S. government is run by a bunch of Texas Big Oil men.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 16:04

Zagros:

I read that webpage and did a little exploring there.  It appears to be a pro-gold standard (and slightly anti-Semitic?) right wing site.

that site is anti IRI. i havent seen any anti semitic references in there...

would you please post?

Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 16:46

Zagros:

that site is anti IRI. i havent seen any anti semitic references in there...

would you please post?

The site maintains that the Federal Reserve is a "cartel" with "power bankers" such as Rothschild, Lehman, Lazard, Lobe, Kuhn, "to name a few...."  Many Jewish names there.  The interests of the "cartel" are not in sync with the interests of the American people, etc.

Not a surprise, I guess. capitalism does not entertain interests other than the interests of those whose capital is put at risk.  Economic benefit to others is fallout, but it seems to work pretty well.

Edited by pikeshot1600
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 16:48

why is that anti semitic to you?

so no one can list jewish names any more? and they may not all be jewish.

i hate the word anti semitic. jews use it when ever they can to dodge certain issues they dont like.

Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 16:50

why is that anti semitic to you?

so no one can list jewish names any more? and they may not all be jewish.

i hate the word anti semitic. jews use it when ever they can to dodge certain issues they dont like.

Whatever.  Just an observation.  I guess I am wrong.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 17:01
It's all about the money baby!
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 17:06

Originally posted by Spartakus

It's all about the money baby!

Remember Michael Douglas's line from Wall Street:

"It's all amount bucks kid.  Everything else is just conversation."

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 17:22

its true, any country would be doing it. its not like the USA is the only country that is willing to do this kind of stuff.

lets say iran was the super power, it would do the same, lets say nigeria was the super power, it would do the same.

lets say luxembourg was the super power, it would do the same.

but the morality of it is wrong, but money is money.

Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 17:29

Hal Holbrook had a line from Wall Street too:

"Funny thing about money.  It makes you do a lot of things you don't want to do."

Edited by pikeshot1600
Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Aydin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 03:36
This article is good but couple problems:

1) It assumes Arab oil exporting nations will also switch to the Euro. Sure........Theres no way they will risk their relations with the U.S. to switch to the Euro. Theres no way Saudi Arabia, the largest exporter, will ONLY accept Euros.

2) It also assumes all the oil in the world can be supplied and then bought through Iran. WRONG.
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 10:17
Originally posted by Aydin

This article is good but couple problems:

1) It assumes Arab oil exporting nations will also switch to the Euro. Sure........Theres no way they will risk their relations with the U.S. to switch to the Euro. Theres no way Saudi Arabia, the largest exporter, will ONLY accept Euros.

2) It also assumes all the oil in the world can be supplied and then bought through Iran. WRONG.

I still think the mullahs are trying to artificially push up the price they can get for THEIR oil as long as they can.  India, for example, can't just throw a switch and rearrange her oil supplies overnight.  They buy much oil from Iran.  If India says it will pay in dollars, not euros, what will Iran do, not sell it?

Market forces are not determined in Teheran; they are determined in the market.  If that is what this is about, it will fail.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 10:49
India will simply use its existing euro stocks or just switch the dollars for Euro, oil is a sellers market.  Saudi Arabi has vested interests in the dollar, they have substantial capital in the US.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>