Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sun Tzu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ChineseManchurian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChineseManchurian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sun Tzu
    Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 02:29
not sure yet, that is possible but we can not prove it
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 02:47

I have watched an entire series of Sun Zhi's art of war.

If you check out some historical website, you can find sources saying that Sun Zhi is Sun Bing's great great grandfather.

If you can read traditional Chinese, this is a great website:

www.greatchinese.com

Edited by coolstorm
sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 10:58

There's even sayings that Sima Nangju is the ancestor of Sun Wu. That makes the 3 greatest military scholars in that period to be of the same House!!

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
ChineseManchurian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote ChineseManchurian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 13:07

What Iam I saying is, Sun Wu may not be Sun Bing's great great grandfather.

I also read a Chinese website that shows in that period, there is two group of people last name is Sun. One group live in Wu, other one live in Qi. Sun Bing should be live in Wei for long time, so we are not very sure about their relationship

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 16:55

Sun Bing lived in the state of "Chi" for the longest time(It literally means neat in Chinese) sorry, I am not good with ping ying. Sun Wu was originally from the state of "Lu" (it was conquered by Chi by the end of spring and autumn). Sun Zhi moved to Wu with Ng Ji Shui (I am not good with ping ying) to help him capture the state of "Chu". 

If you check out the website I posted and click on Sun Bing or Sun Wu, it tells that Sun Wu is Sun Bing's great great grandfather.

www.greatchinese.com

Edited by coolstorm
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2012 at 14:20
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2012 at 21:59
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12