Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Future of Afghanistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Future of Afghanistan
    Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 04:29

I agree with you azimuth, and I am glad that Afghan nationalism doesn't exist in most people as it does in out american friend.

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 04:49

Ya Khudah!

You should note that phrase, its pure pharsi.

Originally posted by Afghanan

Hindi is the same language as Urdu, you just use a different script. Which anybody who knows anything about the subcontinent knows.

You are the first to admit this.  Your friend TeldeIndus, and even some Pakistanis are adamant that Urdu is just "Persian mixed with Arabic."

Yes, and they are both derived from Pharsi.

Afghan leaders? They are paki leaders too.

They are not your leaders, they hailed from Ghor, Abdali became King and made his capital Kandahar, Ghazni made his capital is Ghazni, all of which reside in Afghanistan today.  None of them reside in what is today Pakistan.  It would be as if you named your missile after Queen of England, after all, if it wasn't for the British, there would be no "Pakistan."

Think about it Afghanan, why do Paki's treat people from what is currently called Afghanistan as our greatest heroes? Because we do not differenciate.

Warlords are nothing without help from the outside, like Pakistan.

What?

You have a reading problem?  Top warlords like Gulbuddin Hekmatyar and Rasool Sayaf.

Who clearly would never have been born without Pakistans aid. Of course all of Afghanistans problems are pakistans. First the communists overthrew the king, that must've been pakistans fault. Then the soviets invaded at pakistans bidding no less. Then Pakistan bent head over heels to defeat the soviets, and after that pakistan has tried to stablise and bring peace to "your" country while accepting millions of refugees.

I know that 99% of Afghans won't support the Indians over Pakistan, history has told us this is the case. It was the Patans (Afridi and Urakzai and others) who fought the Indians in 47.

There is a difference between a "Pathan" and a Pukhtun/Afghan.  You should know that by now. 

There is no difference between a Pathan and a Pukhtun. They are two words used to describe the same people. If you think differently then you are wrong it is as simple as that. There IS a difference between Pukhtun and Afghan as not all Afghans are Pukhtuns.

Your such a yank! Stop believing everything your CNN tells you.

So who killed Nek Muhammad, was it India?

Who is Nek Muhammad? and before you say some Al-Qaedia leader, you'll have to explain to me why he wasn't made up so Islamabad can gain brownie points with washington.

An Afghan is a Pakhtun/Pashtun/Patan eigh?

No.   Afghan and a Pakhtun are not Pathans.  Pathans are the forefathers of your Shahrukh Khan. 

And who are Hazaras? Misplaced Iranis?

Well I know the deputy foriegn minister of Afghanistan, and he is not a Pashtun. So therefore he must not be Afghan according to your logic.

Oh he isn't? And who is that Foreign Minister? 

Deputy Foreign Minister or some such role. Mahmood Saikal.

Originally posted by You know who

You know exactly what I mean when I say Kaaf and Qaaf.  If Urdu was originally from Persian mixed with Arabic, you would know that there is a big difference between Qaaf and Kaaf.  You cannot mispronounce the Quran e Karim, and the same goes for Qonduz, which you blindly mispronounce Kunduz.

Correct way: Qunduz  - Literally means an area with many forts/villages.  I believe origin of "Qond" is Turkic, though I'm not too sure about that.

Your Pakistani Urdu way - Kunduz - Someone/Something that steals Butts (In Persian).

It is a transliteration! You are representing some letters in a language that cannot pronouce it. This whole arguement is completely irrelevent!

Pakistan isn't an acronym.

It was used by Pakistanis whom I know (Punjabis at least) as an acronym before:

P- Punjab

A- Afghania

K- Kashmir

I - Indians

S- Sindhis

TAN- BaluchisTAN

It is two words. The acronym would be (a fairly good) joke. Pakistan is two words. Pak ie pure, and stan ie land. "land of the pure" Pakistan.
(yes yes, I get the mandatory joke)

ADDITION:

the same goes for Qonduz, which you blindly mispronounce Kunduz.

Its spelling in a foriegn language! Not pronciation. If we were arguing about its spelling in Urdu this would be stupid but arguing about its spelling in english which has no letter Qaaf is completely ridculos. (oh look I think I spelt ridiculos wrong lets have an arguement over it)

Edited by Omar al Hashim
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 10:02

P- Punjab

A- Afghania

K- Kashmir

I - Indians

S- Sindhis

TAN- BaluchisTAN

LOVL

Here I have got another:

P-Pancakes

A- Apples

K-Kittens

I-ISI

S-Sugar

T-Tan from tanning lotion.

All th above r found in pakistan, i thnk.

Here is an equally scientific orign of Afhanistan.

A-America

F-Food

H-Helicopters

A-Air-to-ground-missles

N-New govt

I-Internet cafes

S-from special forces

Tan-from tanks

all the abve r found i afghanistan.

If u need more scientific input dont hesitate to ask.

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 15:50

Here I have got another:

P-Pancakes

A- Apples

K-Kittens

I-ISI

S-Sugar

T-Tan from tanning lotion.

All th above r found in pakistan, i thnk.

Here is an equally scientific orign of Afhanistan.

A-America

F-Food

H-Helicopters

A-Air-to-ground-missles

N-New govt

I-Internet cafes

S-from special forces

Tan-from tanks

all the abve r found i afghanistan.

If u need more scientific input dont hesitate to ask.

Scientific Input?  Learn how to spell before you give any scientific input. 

Its AFGHANISTAN, NOT AFHANISTAN

Edited by Afghanan
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 15:58

It doesnt matter eitherway, it isnt really scientific inputI hope u noticed that.

Do u think by  the correct spelling would have lended it any more credibility than ur, correctly spelled contribution.

Forgot  G

G--General dostum (A respectable minister)

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 16:02
Is dustom the minister now?
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 16:08
I dont know, but it doesnt really matter, he will still have the nominal control of the area he had since soviet times and nothing more.
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 18:14
Originally posted by TeldeIndus

Baitullah Mehsud and his associates got amnesty after their assurances to remain peaceful and loyal to the administration. 

Mehsud Tribe has been double dealing with Pakistani government for years.  This is just another word for 'cease fire.'   Nek Muhammad also secured a 'cease-fire' and that lead to the assasination of Nek Muhammad with the Paki government shaking their heads saying it wasn't them. 

Abdullah Mehsud, a fellow Mehsud, has waged Jihad against none other than Musharraf and his Dictatorship. 

Abdullah Mehsud and Nek Muhammad both knew that when the Paki government was happy with the Pakhtuns they call them "Brave warriors and patriots" and when they disagree with the government their called "Terrorists." 

Dont be surprised in a few months when Waziris kill more Pakistani troops.

Frontier to Ban Damning Book about Pakistan:

The Frontier government has strictly followed the centre in banning a book which is not in any way disparaging or insulting to any one but merely is the truth about Pakistan. It was noticed recently that it was in circulation in Peshawar and has been banned throughout the rest of Pakistan. The authorities are frantically trying to get the book off the shelves and off the streets and will prosecute the publishers and distributors.

Some further research, shows that the book you claim to be banned in Pakistan, "The Twin Era of Pakistan, Democracy to Dictatorship" has not been banned, and in fact has been quoted by political leaders in Pakistan, even in Punjab.

Quoted and Soldl in Pakistan is quite a different thing.  Find me a book store in Pakistan that sells this book. 

He maintained that despite committing repeated mistakes, the military-led establishment was not ready to learn a lesson and instead continued to pursue the policy of cheating the masses. The federation is once again facing a great danger, as was predicted by Dr Abul Maali way back in 1992, he added.

Books that cause offence and incitement or blaspheme have been banned. No other books.

How does this book 'encite' violence more than Mushy himself and his dicatorship?

Edited by Afghanan
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 18:17
Originally posted by azimuth

I think Afganistane should unite with pakistan in the future.

It might in the future, but it wont be anytime soon.  Not with Mushy in power thats for sure.

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 18:26

Originally posted by ramin

Is dustom the minister now?

No he is chief of staff of the army which basically means he gets government pay check and doesnt really do anything, which is exactly where Karzai wants him. 

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 19:02

Yes, and they are both derived from Pharsi.

Urdu is derived from Indo-Aryan languages like Hindustani/Hindi, not Farsi which is not Indo-Aryan but Western Iranian.

Think about it Afghanan, why do Paki's treat people from what is currently called Afghanistan as our greatest heroes? Because we do not differenciate.

That is only part true.  Pakistan differentiates everything else.  It seperates Pukhtuns and calls them Pathans, calls their land "NWFP" instead of historic names while "Punjab" exists, "Baluchistan" exists, and Sindh exists.    I would be happy if Pakistan did not differentiate, but for it to do that, it would have to grant Pukhtuns the right to name their province after them, as they are the majority, and remove the Durand line, which is a false line created to 'differentiate.'

Who (Warlords Sayyaf, Hekmatyar) clearly would never have been born without Pakistans aid.

Exactly.

Of course all of Afghanistans problems are pakistans. First the communists overthrew the king, that must've been pakistans fault, Then the soviets invaded at pakistans bidding no less. Then Pakistan bent head over heels to defeat the soviets, and after that pakistan has tried to stablise and bring peace to "your" country while accepting millions of refugees.

No need to be facetious.  Pakistan could not stop a flow of refugees if it tried.  Because there was no border, there is no way they could have stopped them.  While 1,000,000 Afghans were martyred for their country, Pakistan was playing its games and finding out which Pro-Pakistan warlord they could install as a leader in Afghanistan.  When each of their warlords, like Hekmatyar, even Rabbani (a Tajik) said they do not recognize the Durand Line, they went for the Taliban, who, unfortunately for Pakistan,  also wanted the permanent dismantling of the Durand. 

There is no difference between a Pathan and a Pukhtun. They are two words used to describe the same people.

There is a huge difference between ShahRukh Khan and Nek Muhammad, I'll let you figure that one out yourself.

There IS a difference between Pukhtun and Afghan as not all Afghans are Pukhtuns.

Pukhtun and Afghan are the same people described historically , through Pakhto poetry and Afghan History.  Only nationally has this changed during the creation of "Afghan" meaning a citizen of Afghanistan, but the historic, ethnic, and anthropologic meaning still refer to the same people.  Ofcourse only a Pakistani would find ways of seperating them into different people.  How convenient that a Pathan (100% of whom cant speak Pashto or even Dari) would be considered Pukhtun by a Pakistani, but an Afghan who speaks Pashto is not a Pashtun.  What a silly logic that is.    

Who is Nek Muhammad? and before you say some Al-Qaedia leader, you'll have to explain to me why he wasn't made up so Islamabad can gain brownie points with washington.

Its someone you want to pretend never existed.  He waged war against Musharraf and his Pakistani establishment, he was a Mujahideen also who fought against the Soviets when he was a teen, and joined the Taliban and was a commander.  He was a respected person in Waziristan.

And who are Hazaras? Misplaced Iranis?

Hazaras are an ethnic group in Afghanistan, and they also reside in Pakistan (remains of Afghan Hazaras who were kicked out by the Emir of Afghanistan for supporting the British and live in their godchild Pakistan).  There are also communities in Iran.

Mahmood Saikal.

Oh God.

It is a transliteration!

Oh so now its a transliteration?  Before you said there is no difference between Kaaf and Qaaf and now you say dont blame me, I just transliterated it?  You have chosen an Arabic name for yourself and you dont even know the difference between Qaaf and Kaaf.  Shame on you.   

It is two words. The acronym would be (a fairly good) joke. Pakistan is two words. Pak ie pure, and stan ie land. "land of the pure" Pakistan.

Actually the Acronym JOKE existed before I was even born, it was by the forebearers of Pakistan today, and the silly thing was there was no letter for Bangladesh, which made it even more funnier. 

Its spelling in a foriegn language! Not pronciation. If we were arguing about its spelling in Urdu this would be stupid

Many people who speak Urdu mispronounce it too, dont blame this as "Lost in translation" excuse.  

Edited by Afghanan
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 19:02

The Frontier government has strictly followed the centre in banning a book which is not in any way disparaging or insulting to any one but merely is the truth about Pakistan. It was noticed recently that it was in circulation in Peshawar and has been banned throughout the rest of Pakistan. The authorities are frantically trying to get the book off the shelves and off the streets and will prosecute the publishers and distributors.

Some further research, shows that the book you claim to be banned in Pakistan, "The Twin Era of Pakistan, Democracy to Dictatorship" has not been banned, and in fact has been quoted by political leaders in Pakistan, even in Punjab.

Quoted and Soldl in Pakistan is quite a different thing.  Find me a book store in Pakistan that sells this book. 

He maintained that despite committing repeated mistakes, the military-led establishment was not ready to learn a lesson and instead continued to pursue the policy of cheating the masses. The federation is once again facing a great danger, as was predicted by Dr Abul Maali way back in 1992, he added.

Books that cause offence and incitement or blaspheme have been banned. No other books.

How does this book 'encite' violence more than Mushy himself and his dicatorship?

If the Government had the power to ban a book I would be very impressed. I wish I was in Pakistan now so I could go out and buy this book you want me too.
(Books in Australia are so expensive! Everyone should buy books in Pakistan)
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 19:03
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

If the Government had the power to ban a book I would be very impressed. I wish I was in Pakistan now so I could go out and buy this book you want me too.
(Books in Australia are so expensive! Everyone should buy books in Pakistan)

There also cheap in India. 

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
TeldeIndus View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 20:11

Baitullah Mehsud and his associates got amnesty after their assurances to remain peaceful and loyal to the administration. 

Mehsud Tribe has been double dealing with Pakistani government for years. 

Pakistan hasnt really had any dealings with Waziristan till recently. What deals did Pakistan make, prior to a few years ago, with this tribe in Waziristan, where Pakistani law doesnt apply?

This is just another word for 'cease fire.'   Nek Muhammad also secured a 'cease-fire' and that lead to the assasination of Nek Muhammad with the Paki government shaking their heads saying it wasn't them. 

Cease fire, peace deal, it's all the same thing. They have said they will cooperate.

Originally posted by Afghana

Abdullah Mehsud, a fellow Mehsud, has waged Jihad against none other than Musharraf and his Dictatorship.   

He might very well be waging Jihad against Musharaff, but he's always on the run, though he cant run very far with only one leg.

Even if he is true to his alleged words, he's a bit clueless about his aim then, since he's supposedly attacking places in Southern Afghanistan. If he wants Musharraf, he'll need to go East a bit.

Abdullah Mehsud and Nek Muhammad both knew that when the Paki government was happy with the Pakhtuns they call them "Brave warriors and patriots" and when they disagree with the government their called "Terrorists." 

I've lost count of the number of Pathan prime ministers and presidents of Pakistan.

Dont be surprised in a few months when Waziris kill more Pakistani troops.

Doubtful, the Pakistani troops will be needed in Waziristan much longer. The tribals are clearing up.

Waziristan action suspended

PESHAWAR, Feb 23: NWFP Governor Khalil-ur-Rehman has said the government has suspended operations in North Waziristan Agency because it believes that tribesmen are able to restore peace and normalcy through their own customs and traditions.

It doesnt mean that the govt has backed out of its earlier determination. Rather we want to show that the tribesmen can improve the situation themselves, he added.

However, if there is no improvement, the operations will resume with full vigour and severity, he warned.

http://www.dawn.com/2006/02/24/top1.htm 

Originally posted by TeldeInduS

He maintained that despite committing repeated mistakes, the military-led establishment was not ready to learn a lesson and instead continued to pursue the policy of cheating the masses. The federation is once again facing a great danger, as was predicted by Dr Abul Maali way back in 1992, he added

You did not present any evidence the book was banned though. You quoted a post from another forum, with no link. Prove it's banned in Pakistan - it's not banned I can assure you that much.

It doesnt, hence it's not banned.

Edited by TeldeIndus
We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty - Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister
Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 21:30
Originally posted by Omar Al Hashim

That is only part true.  Pakistan differentiates everything else.  It seperates Pukhtuns and calls them Pathans, calls their land "NWFP" instead of historic names while "Punjab" exists, "Baluchistan" exists, and Sindh exists.    I would be happy if Pakistan did not differentiate, but for it to do that, it would have to grant Pukhtuns the right to name their province after them, as they are the majority, and remove the Durand line, which is a false line created to 'differentiate.'

What?  

Removing the Durand Line would be fine. Afghanistan can become a part of Pakistan, that's not a problem, so long as all sides agree.

Who (Warlords Sayyaf, Hekmatyar) clearly would never have been born without Pakistans aid.

Exactly.

So who would have fought the Soviets?

Of course all of Afghanistans problems are pakistans. First the communists overthrew the king, that must've been pakistans fault, Then the soviets invaded at pakistans bidding no less. Then Pakistan bent head over heels to defeat the soviets, and after that pakistan has tried to stablise and bring peace to "your" country while accepting millions of refugees.

No need to be facetious.  Pakistan could not stop a flow of refugees if it tried. 

It could easily. By not opening up refugee camps or not giving them land in Pakistan to live on.

Because there was no border, there is no way they could have stopped them.  While 1,000,000 Afghans were martyred for their country, Pakistan was playing its games and finding out which Pro-Pakistan warlord they could install as a leader in Afghanistan.

Pakistan were actually supporting the anti Soviet forces with the Americans.

When each of their warlords, like Hekmatyar, even Rabbani (a Tajik) said they do not recognize the Durand Line, they went for the Taliban, who, unfortunately for Pakistan,  also wanted the permanent dismantling of the Durand. 

Pakistan would probably have favoured warlords who wanted the dismantling of the Durand Line and the incorporation of Afghanistan into Pakistan. Currently, Pakistan is letting the Americans stabilize Afghanistan, though they need a bigger army, so that led to the proposal to fence it.

Edited by TeldeIndus
We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty - Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 22:06

I like NWFP, it has a menacing resonance about it. Pakistan got it completely wrong in dealing with the waziristan issue.

The two countries may become a federation one day, but i dont think it will be along the currently demarcated boundaries.

I can not c one good reason Y pakistan would like to take on afghanistan with its complex political/governing system and array of conflicting interest groups. It would be a complete money pit. It may however be more inclined to work with the pathans in afhanistan

The jirga system was practical mode of doing things in bygone days and when population clusters were not as mobile as today. The system could still serve its purpose in rural communities and perform excellently.

But afghanistan needs to overhaul its state structures to have a efficient centralized govt, more in line with the rest of the world.

Earl
Earl

Quote TeldeIndus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 22:21
Originally posted by malizai_

The two countries may become a federation one day, but i dont think it will be along the currently demarcated boundaries.

Why not?

I can not c one good reason Y pakistan would like to take on afghanistan with its complex political/governing system and array of conflicting interest groups. It would be a complete money pit. It may however be more inclined to work with the pathans in afhanistan

Yeah, as a military force it could bring stability and even development though. They could just remain semi autonomous anyway. It would need some money, but eventually things would be headed in the right direction.

AlokaParyetra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AlokaParyetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 23:17

There also cheap in India. 

Ok, there is not alot i can contribute in this topic, cause i don't know alot about the subject, but with this i am familiar. Without meaning to hijack the thread here, why are books cheaper in pakistan (actually, i wouldn't know as i've never been there) and india? Is it cause they care less for making the book aesthetic and care more for content? What can't other countries make cheap books? New best selling novels like Harry Potter are equally priced, but 90% of all other books are fairly cheaper. Why?

Edited by AlokaParyetra
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2006 at 23:41

Originally posted by malizai_

Why not?

I can not c one good reason Y Pakistan would like to take on Afghanistan with its complex political/governing system and array of conflicting interest groups. It would be a complete money pit. It may however be more inclined to work with the pathans in Afghanistan

Yeah, as a military force it could bring stability and even development though. They could just remain semi autonomous anyway. It would need some money, but eventually things would be headed in the right direction.

Because it simplifies things for an open border policy. it reduces interest groups therefore limits possible sources for conflict and avenues for foreign meddling.

U have listed a number of hypothetical reasons y it could works. But if u analyze recent history of Afghanistan u will find that the option of use of military force as a tool to bring stability has already been exhausted.

The basic cost of rebuilding infrastructure in Afghanistan is estimated at $20bn. It will be a very long drawn process to bring it up to the level of the rest of the country. East & West Germany still haven't managed full integration and economic homogenization in unified Germany.

In the model u present i think there r just too many if's.

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 03:42

It is a transliteration!

Oh so now its a transliteration?  Before you said there is no difference between Kaaf and Qaaf and now you say dont blame me, I just transliterated it?  You have chosen an Arabic name for yourself and you dont even know the difference between Qaaf and Kaaf.  Shame on you.   

What do you mean now it is a transliteration? Do you know what a transliteration is? Let me go over this from the beginning.

TeldeIndus wrote Kunduz.
You said its not Kunduz its Quoduz.
I said, the transliteration of Kunduz is completely irrelevent.

And it is completely irrelevent. For crying out loud its a transliteration!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>