Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buddhist fundamentalism/terrorism???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buddhist fundamentalism/terrorism???
    Posted: 20-Feb-2006 at 22:58
I think we have deviated too much from the original topic
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2006 at 00:46
Its was of topic but it kinda falls within a broader buddhism and voilence scope.

Fyingzone, i dont mind a loosish fedaral structure. It wont be a great thing only adequate, howver my line comes from the fact i cant see that being agreed to. The autonomy status idea of the tibetans (which compromises further than this), has already been ignored by beijing. Sometimes if you want them to talk and come to the table, you have to stop talking.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2006 at 02:49
Quetzalcoatl wrote:
" Buddhism has no dark side whatsoever, it is the ignorant minds that can hardly comprehend a sophiscated doctrines will spread lies and confusion about such matter."
Everthing in this world, including anything remotely human has a dark side and some degree of falseness. And i must correct you, the most esoteric truths have never been written. No meaning can truelly be transfered by dead letters.

"To start with Buddhism is an esoteric religion, rooted in reality, claiming to be a Buddhist doesn't make one such. True buddhism is practiced only by the initiates or the monks and each of the monks learn according to his level of intelligence"
Buddhism at its most fundemtal believes this reality and everything less than the experaince of nirvana, as false. My understanding of this 'true' reality, as being beyond definition. Your logic is based around absolutes within this reality (maya); truth and lies which contradicts that notion.

"Buddhism doesn't claim to be eternal and can become corrupt and extinct with time. "
THis is true, everything is subject to change (and corruption), even esotoric circles will come and go...and hence why i think that your most confidant post is also alittle off the center. relative speaking.

"I'm not a buddhist, and neither I'm I an initiate but I'm well acquainted with the doctrines."
this is stating the obvoius, your ego is way to strong for someone that lives those concepts, you just understand them. But saying that, your grasp of these concepts most likely better than mine.

It isnt through intellect that you can Know anything. Doctines are just ment to help only, no matter how 'sophisticated' they are.

"As for human skin, skull mumbo jumbo, a weak mind will not understand"
A weak mind? This description is weak, an ignorant mind can also be strong, infact sometimes its the most strong minded people that know the least.

"Buddhism has absolutely no relationship with a religion like Islam but it has many similarities with Christianity,"
I suggest you study Islam, there are parts of Islam that is stepped in mysticism. Look at the overlaping history of buddhism and Islam in central asia, then read sufi poetry (most of which came from movements that have roots from this part of the world).

Such inner circles actaully work in most religions, it is not a property that is soley occupied by buddhism (though definatly i would say dominated by its members).

Edited by Leonidas
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 07:51
Buddhists have not done any violence in kashmir as mentioned by somebody on the first page of this thread.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2011 at 19:13
While modern Tibetan Buddhists practise nonviolence, in the past they were ferocious warriors. Equipped with Lamellar armor, plated mail, muskets, swords and spears, they caused a lot of trouble for the British in the 19th century
http://arthistory.about.com/od/special_exhibitions/l/bl_warshimal_sprev.htm
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
SuryaVajra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SuryaVajra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2012 at 02:03
Considering how Islamic armies wiped Buddhism clean out of Central Asia , Afghanistan and south Asia,its own homeland India,  considering how Islamic terrorism harms Buddhism even in Thailand and Myanmar  with almost daily events of killings and beheading etc,I would say groups like Hoa Hao are essential , if indeed Jihadis think Buddhists are sitting ducks.

Much like the fierce Mongolian Buddhists, Wink
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2012 at 05:24
Bangladesh: Buddhist Clerics Take Christians Captive
" Buddhist clerics and local council officials are holding 13 newly converted Christians captive in a pagoda in a southeastern mountainous district of Bangladesh in an attempt to forcibly return them to Buddhism."
http://www.christianpersecution.info/news/bangladesh-buddhist-clerics-take-christians-captive-17555/

Sri Lankan Mosque Forced To Abandon Prayers By Protesters – BBC
"About 2,000 Buddhists, including monks, marched to the mosque and held a demonstration demanding its demolition. ...Overnight the mosque had been targeted by a fire-bombing"
http://www.colombotelegraph.com/index.php/sri-lankan-mosque-forced-to-abandon-prayers-by-protesters-bbc/

Persecution of Muslims in Burma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Muslims_in_Burma

I don't know any religion which doesn't have dark face even

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
SuryaVajra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SuryaVajra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2012 at 06:13
Originally posted by Ollios

Bangladesh: Buddhist Clerics Take Christians Captive
" Buddhist clerics and local council officials are holding 13 newly converted Christians captive in a pagoda in a southeastern mountainous district of Bangladesh in an attempt to forcibly return them to Buddhism."
http://www.christianpersecution.info/news/bangladesh-buddhist-clerics-take-christians-captive-17555/

Sri Lankan Mosque Forced To Abandon Prayers By Protesters – BBC
"About 2,000 Buddhists, including monks, marched to the mosque and held a demonstration demanding its demolition. ...Overnight the mosque had been targeted by a fire-bombing"
http://www.colombotelegraph.com/index.php/sri-lankan-mosque-forced-to-abandon-prayers-by-protesters-bbc/

Persecution of Muslims in Burma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Muslims_in_Burma

I don't know any religion which doesn't have dark face even

You need to understand a simple fact.

Its difficult for Islams apologists to understand that.

When a Buddhist or a Hindu or a Christian commits violence, he or she disobeys the founder of the religion.

But if a Muslim does anything violent on any non muslim, he is perfectly in concord with Prophet Momo.

Thats why I am unsympathetic about the links you gave.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123