Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

World Total War

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Americanus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Americanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Total War
    Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 13:33
How about a World Total War all across the world but spanning different centurys you could choose to start in the classical era, dark ages, medival age, imperial age or the mordern age. Navys could take as much as 20 turns to get across oceans. (of course a modern total war would be kinda one sided because of the United States)  But with resouces such as oil and a new stragetic weapon the nuke.

Edited by Americanus
"Give Me Liberty or Give me death"
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 13:49
SOunds graet, but its a massive project for a company to do in one go.
Besides, its better for them to do it in bits and sell them all individualy.
Arrrgh!!"
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 19:55
It would be too massive. It would take too long, and would not benefit them as much.

sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2006 at 22:38
what? the rise of nations' total war version? holy cow~ 
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 06:57
Sort of like that.

Americanus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Americanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 10:12

It would take them a long time but think about how many nations and how awsome it would be.

"Give Me Liberty or Give me death"
Dream208 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Dream208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 20:05

I really think - Total War: 100 AD, will be a excellent idea

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 20:27
To play that kind of pc game you should have atleast 18 GB free memory on hard drive. So this is a clear impossible game. And to cover that amount of RAM which will be required. You must be dreaming. And noone will make this game in modern times, cuz noone would buy it.
If you are talking of Total War series of course.

Edited by axeman
Dream208 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Dream208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2006 at 20:37
hmmm, notable powers of 100 AD - E.Han Dynasty, Roman Empire, Parthia, Huns, North India, Goth...   I don't think it will be "that" resource consuming
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2006 at 21:03

A World: Total War setting in 1914 will not be hard to implement.  Creative Assembly/Sega already has an appropriate Euroasian/North African map.  Major Factions: Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Austria-Hungry, Russia, Ottoman Empire, and United States. 

AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2006 at 21:33
Tang: Total War would be awesome.  :]

Just imagine it.  Being at the helm of the great Tang Empire, or fighting Imperial forces as one of the other tribes or nations.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 07:04
Originally posted by poirot

A World: Total War setting in 1914 will not be hard to implement.  Creative Assembly/Sega already has an appropriate Euroasian/North African map.  Major Factions: Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Austria-Hungry, Russia, Ottoman Empire, and United States. 

I like this idea. Either this, a Napoleonic War, or a WWI game would be awesome.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 11:23
Well, the map in 1871 would be the simpliest to build. I think atleast, and you could have some gains in the American side with Mexico. And if you would have parts of the world separately, having to load for crossing and expansion for each, begins from Europe, then Asia, then Americas, the Oceania, then Africa.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2006 at 14:10
It's something sounding interesting but once again as before mentioned it would require too much that it would not be possible for most to affoard and the game won't do such a big business, I rather suggest to get a little to east side.

Post Reply Post Reply