Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA Modern Crusade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Modern Crusade
    Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:24

Good idea, the West should start a crusade, stop by in the Greek capital, pillage it, kill people on the streets and f**k nuns in the churches, and turn it into a Latin kingdom with a German king like in the good old times.

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:35

I think it would be failed,all Crusades were fail except the First Crusade, but there is a propblem we don't have Baybers, I call him (CRUSADER SLAYER) he defeated Three crusades.

you put Israel in your topic to play a a big part as a ally I must disagree with you cause if it would be a real Crusade any helping from Jews will be refused.

when the Crusaders entered Jerusalem they murdered almost every inhabitant of Jerusalem. Muslims, Jews, and even eastern Christians were all massacred.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:42

No need to afraid, they should past anatolia again, they only survived one time.

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:43
Originally posted by Subotai

"Bush calls crusade"

]

Have we all forgot what the Islamic group Al-Qaeda has done in NY?

I dont see this as religous, its a matter of freedom and protecting a countries citizens. Ask yourself, if the US were to have sat back and did nothing after 9/11 how fast would have the disease we call Islamic fundamentalism have spread? 

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:47
Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

I think it would be failed,all Crusades were fail except the First Crusade, but there is a propblem we don't have Baybers, I call him (CRUSADER SLAYER) he defeated Three crusades.

you put Israel in your topic to play a a big part as a ally I must disagree with you cause if it would be a real Crusade any helping from Jews will be refused.

when the Crusaders entered Jerusalem they murdered almost every inhabitant of Jerusalem. Muslims, Jews, and even eastern Christians were all massacred.

Wow, so much confidence. If we call the US "christian crusaders", as Bin Laden did, than the whole Islamic nations' days would be pretty much numbered were it to be an all out war.

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:49
This is quite a silly topic, tho. As I see it there is no reason for a crusade. Lot of blood spilled for no apparent reason.
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:54
Originally posted by arch.buff

Wow, so much confidence. If we call the US "christian crusaders", as Bin Laden did, than the whole Islamic nations' days would be pretty much numbered were it to be an all out war.

Yes I don't think the islamic nations would do to well in that situation.

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:57
Originally posted by arch.buff

I don't call it a crusaders.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:58
Originally posted by R_AK47

Perhaps if east and west cooperated in the future, the tremendous success of the first crusade could happen again.

Either you are sarcastic here, or you must be living in an alternative historical universe.
The 4th crusade was one of the most shameful episodes in the history of Europe, and by no stretch of the imagination it could be called a success. Unless you are Venetian maybe, and even for those guys it was suicide in the long term.

In any case, I don't like this thread. Somehow it all got to serious, and amusing it ain't anyway. There is enough tension in the forum already, that we need another looming East-West conflict.
Maybe it's better to keep all this reconquest fantasies there where they belong.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 16:00
Originally posted by Mortaza

The natives of the lands where originally orthodox and coptic christians that were forcibly converted to islam after an arab conquest.  Thats a little different than simply changing religion as you stated.

No they didnt converted forcefully, Infact at the begining of Islam, changing religion is decouraged.

So what will crusaders do? change their religion back forcefuly?

You are talking rubish, sorry.

Also remember when crusaders entered jerusalem, they also killed a lot christian. Infact they were most numbered bandids world ever saw.

Medieval armies of all nations and faiths slaughtered and abused the civilian population of cities that were conquered.  You are judging the crusaders by todays standards rather than the standards of the time.  You may say that no one was forcibly converted to islam, but even if they didn't they still made life miserable if you were not a muslim.  Everyone else in a medieval islamic nation was considered second class.  That and that fact that they converted churchs into mosques left few places of worship left for non muslims.

R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 16:05

Originally posted by Komnenos

Perhaps if east and west cooperated in the future, the tremendous success of the first crusade could happen again.

Either you are sarcastic here, or you must be living in an alternative historical universe.
The 4th crusade was one of the most shameful episodes in the history of Europe, and by no stretch of the imagination it could be called a success. Unless you are Venetian maybe, and even for those guys it was suicide in the long term.

In any case, I don't like this thread. Somehow it all got to serious, and amusing it ain't anyway. There is enough tension in the forum already, that we need another looming East-West conflict.
Maybe it's better to keep all this reconquest fantasies there where they belong.

Komnenus, I agree with you completely in regards to the fourth crusade.  It was the first crusade that I was referring to as being successful.  The fourth crusade was a complete disaster.  It eventually led to the fall of Constantinople in 1453 which leads us to some of the issues we are all arguing about now (such as Hagia Sophia's status).  If the fourth crusade had not happened, Hagia Sophia might be a church today, and we would not have anything to argue about in regards to its status.  I'm getting off topic now though.  Anyways, while I glorify many of the crusades (the first and third in particular) I feel the complete opposite in regards to the fourth.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 16:10

Originally posted by Mortaza

The natives of the lands where originally orthodox and coptic christians that were forcibly converted to islam after an arab conquest.  Thats a little different than simply changing religion as you stated.

No they didnt converted forcefully, Infact at the begining of Islam, changing religion is decouraged.

So what will crusaders do? change their religion back forcefuly?

You are talking rubish, sorry.

Also remember when crusaders entered jerusalem, they also killed a lot christian. Infact they were most numbered bandids world ever saw.

Medieval armies of all nations and faiths slaughtered and abused the civilian population of cities that were conquered.  You are judging the crusaders by todays standards rather than the standards of the time.  You may say that no one was forcibly converted to islam, but even if they didn't they still made life miserable if you were not a muslim.  Everyone else in a medieval islamic nation was considered second class.  That and that fact that they converted churchs into mosques left few places of worship left for non muslims.

They are even cruel for their own times, you can ask this to greeks, first, second or third crusaders, every one of them harmed byzantium one way or other.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 16:32

i dont see why this thread should be kept open

so Closed.

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 16:34

Komnenus, I agree with you completely in regards to the fourth crusade. It was the first crusade that I was referring to as being successful. The fourth crusade was a complete disaster.

Sorry, my mistake, for some reason I read "fourth" crusade.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12