Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

European Press shows solidarity with threatened Danish cartoonist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 54>
Author
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: European Press shows solidarity with threatened Danish cartoonist
    Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:05

Christians also believe the Lord can never be viewed but it does say that he created us in his image. Ok, so how do you know that the pictures making fun of Muhammed looked like him? see what Im getting at, its not what he looked like its what the message is getting across.

If your above post is how you feel, than why get all upset about the Muhammed pics, how do you know thats what Muhammed looked like?

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:08
Originally posted by Mortaza

And what misterious wonder is doing possible that you take the person in the danish cartoon as Mohamed?

Er, they didnt hide it much.

I know this is a lil ff topic but thats interesting cause I always thought that Allah and the Christian God and the Jewish God were all the same, is this not true?

It is, but we just dont cared. After all Jesus also one of biggest prophet of Islam, but we didnt boycot for him too.

Buy Turkish Good!

Again I ask you, why?

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:11

Err, let me think, It is not easy, because It is your God and Your prophet. I know this is literaly not true, but in reality true.

If you attack Isa(jesus) in Turkey, most probably you will not get a fine answer, because this time we will think He is our prophet.

A little complicated, isnt it?

Edited by Mortaza
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:14

Here is a quote from a dear friend who said (well, almost said) (I substituted 'political leaders' with 'religious leaders')

"[Religious leaders] are no more worthy of respect than anyone else. Probably less. If you aren't going to ridicule, criticise and satirise [religious leaders], especially powerful ones, who are you going to ridicule, criticise and satirise?"

If you are so secure and confident that your religion is the one and only, then why should you feel offended when others make fun or light of it?

If you say a girl that your face is like my ass, most probably she will offended. This does not mean that She dont believe she is beatiful.

Sorry a little rude, but just couldnt find better example.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:15
Originally posted by arch.buff

Christians also believe the Lord can never be viewed but it does say that he created us in his image. Ok, so how do you know that the pictures making fun of Muhammed looked like him? see what Im getting at, its not what he looked like its what the message is getting across.

If your above post is how you feel, than why get all upset about the Muhammed pics, how do you know thats what Muhammed looked like?

well mohammed is human. so we know he looked like humans. and how he exactly looked  like is not known by anyboy, there  are books describing his looks but still. describtions arent good enough to picture him.

about the drawing the magazine made it clear that those cartoons were of mohammed.

and off course that doesn't mean that the prophet looked exactly like that. its just how the artist imagened it  and its mostly western steryo typing of Muslims.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:18

First, a lot of fellows here are getting the wrong message. Many people attempted to draw the prophet even by Muslims (check the Safavid drawings for instance of the prophet's battle), but it is not the fact that he has been drawn that upset any Muslim. Neither any criticizing article would get Muslims angry (and there are millions of them worldwide, just google). It is rather the fact that the drawing is an insulting drawing. When the prophet has a turbant that is all bombs and explosive devices, i dont' see where is it that they tried to match reality? or an innocent representation of him?

I just read an interview by BBC (the Arabic service) with the cheif editor of the Danish newspaper and he admitted his knowledge of the prophet is limited and I know he is the founder of the Islamic faith. They right away directed the question: how do you allow such an insulting caricature to be published about the someone who have no knoweldge about?

I also don't see why is it offending to boycott Danish products. No public voices in Saudi Arabia were risen to bomb the newspaper, or to kill the Danish foriegn workers. All what they called for is a simple message.

If their laws there allows for insulting my prophet by the name of freedom of expression, then my freedom allows me to boycott your product here and it is the right of every consumer.

Im sure the local companies like Al Marai are so happy with the boycott

Buy Marai  , anyhow it is cheaper too

By the way, the boycott in the Gulf region is so severe that you cannot find anymore any Danish food products on the shelves. I find it funny too that Newspaper are filled with advertisement of Danish companies that are hit hard by the boycott, an attempt to break down the boycott, and on the opposite side of the page, an advertisement of a supermarket that it's cleared out of any Danish products, come shop please here 

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:21
I will miss Lego I remember my youth with Lego, a very good toy to play with
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:26
Originally posted by ok ge

First, a lot of fellows here are getting the wrong message. Many people attempted to draw the prophet even by Muslims (check the Safavid drawings for instance of the prophet's battle), but it is not the fact that he has been drawn that upset any Muslim. Neither any criticizing article would get Muslims angry (and there are millions of them worldwide, just google). It is rather the fact that the drawing is an insulting drawing. When the prophet has a turbant that is all bombs and explosive devices, i dont' see where is it that they tried to match reality? or an innocent representation of him?

I just read an interview by BBC (the Arabic service) with the cheif editor of the Danish newspaper and he admitted his knowledge of the prophet is limited and I know he is the founder of the Islamic faith. They right away directed the question: how do you allow such an insulting caricature to be published about the someone who have no knoweldge about?

I also don't see why is it offending to boycott Danish products. No public voices in Saudi Arabia were risen to bomb the newspaper, or to kill the Danish foriegn workers. All what they called for is a simple message.

If their laws there allows for insulting my prophet by the name of freedom of expression, then my freedom allows me to boycott your product here and it is the right of every consumer.

Im sure the local companies like Al Marai are so happy with the boycott

Buy Marai  , anyhow it is cheaper too

Youve just said what i have said in the previos post "It is the message being sent". And I truthfully dont agree with the message being sent either but the fact still remains that when Allah(God) himself is depicted in such a heinous way then no big deal but when Muhammed is...........

Boztorgay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Boztorgay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:28

Originally posted by DayI

I will miss Lego I remember my youth with Lego, a very good toy to play with

till now, you was still playing with usually?

Edited by Boztorgay
Il n'y a que les imbciles et les huitres qui adhrent - Paul Valry
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Voyager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:28

Support our boycot (...) for freedom. Dont buy danish product.

Protect our freedom

This sort of argument is intelectually dishonest. The only admissable boycott would be against the journals that print the cartoons. Instead, Muslims are boycotting an entire nation attempting to force it in submission.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:31

This sort of argument is intelectually dishonest. The only admissable boycott would be against the journals that print the cartoons. Instead, Muslims are boycotting an entire nation attempting to force it in submission.

Well you are talking like , muslims didnt try other things too. Infact Boycot began after all way tried.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:32
I say let's revive the Soviet Empire and everyone is happy.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Voyager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:34

Well you are talking like , muslims didnt try other things too. Infact Boycot began after all way tried.

Tried what? That a nation apologised!?

Actually, let me suggest another boycott for Muslims to do: how about Palestinians boycotting Western and Danish monetary contributions to their budget? What a great idea, don't you think so? Mohamad doesn't deserve less than that.

[/QUOTE]
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:39

Tried what? That a nation apologised!?

Infact Their first aim was to punish newspaper, but danish priminester said, we have freedom of speach so you should accustomed this.

Infact you can easily see, that bomber cartoon is anti-islam.

So now Muslims are using their freedom of choose, they should accustomed this. PM of danish should handle situation better.

Actually, let me suggest another boycott for Muslims to do: how about Palestinians boycotting Western and Danish monetary contributions to their budget?

This wont happen, why should do? It wont benefit this, I dont think any danish will be sorry for this.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:40

Youve just said what i have said in the previos post "It is the message being sent". And I truthfully dont agree with the message being sent either but the fact still remains that when Allah(God) himself is depicted in such a heinous way then no big deal but when Muhammed is...........

Allah for us is God. So it is your God as it is my God. When you insult your God, why shall I boycott you for that?

By the way, that Danish cheif editor claims that they have drawn other religious figures too (he still escapes the fact that it is not that the Prophet Muhammed was drawn, rather than he was mocked and stereotyped) but still in the middle of the interview, he identifies himself as a Christian. So Muslims here view it as an outsider attack.

Think about it this way, if Muslim Egyption insulted the prophet by an insulting caricature. Would we get angry as we did now? Not really. Psycologically it is viewed less severe than an outsider attack.

The Norwegian embassies and consulates have apologized for the caricature. You won't find such caricature of stereotyping in an American magazine and protected by the government from lawsuit of "defemation". So Danish case is not the issue of a newspaper, it is the issue of a persistant government that allows for stereotyping a prophet, a religious figure to 1.3 billion, and not the Jewish Holocaust ,which is a pure historical incident.

As I said, I disagree that my government calls for the boycott (and they did not) but Im boycotting them and all my fellows here. If they don't like it, tough luck, they can search other markets. Afterall, we don't have a lobby there to demand an apology. The boycott resulted in an apology by the newspaper and Danish Prime Minister has called for a meeting to all embassadors of Islamic countries tomorrow after he refused even meeting them earlier.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:44
I just want to know,what Arabs would do if they were being by the rest of the world attacked like Hellas before the Olympics! 
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Boztorgay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Boztorgay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:44

Tried what? That a nation apologised!?Infact Their first aim was to punish newspaper, but danish priminester said, we have freedom of speach so you should accustomed this.

You have no reason to punish no one.

So what? Islam is a religion, a set of ideas and beliefs, that cand freely by analysed and taken with humor.

So now Muslims are using their freedom of choose, they should accustomed this. PM of danish should handle situation better.

Ya? How? Acting like a saudi king or muburak?

Actually, let me suggest another boycott for Muslims to do: how about Palestinians boycotting Western and Danish monetary contributions to their budget?This wont happen, why should do? It wont benefit this, I dont think any danish will be sorry for this.

They should be sorry for paying terror from israelian hearts! Lately, it seems having some remorces . . .

Edited by Boztorgay
Il n'y a que les imbciles et les huitres qui adhrent - Paul Valry
Voyager View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Voyager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:48

Infact Their first aim was to punish newspaper, but danish priminester said, we have freedom of speach so you should accustomed this.

Am  speaking with walls or what? I already said that a nation can not apologise for the actions of a newspaper. There is freedom of press in the West and interference of a government is not acceptable. You're probably thinking about Saudi Arabia...

This wont happen, why should do? It wont benefit this, I dont think any danish will be sorry for this.

You hypocrite. If you want to boycott Danmark, boycott everything, not just cheese.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:50

You have no reason to punish no one.

No but they have no reason to attack my prophet too. We are even.

So what? Islam is a religion, a set of ideas and beliefs, that cand freely by analysed and taken with humor.

you call this bomb carton analyses or humor? err, look it again.

Ya? How? Acting like a saudi king or muburak?

Well not this way

I just want to know,what Arabs would do if they were being by the rest of the world attacked like Hellas before the Olympics! 

Not likely, trust brits, russia and china.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:54

Am  speaking with walls or what? I already said that a nation can not apologise for the actions of a newspaper. There is freedom of press in the West and interference of a government is not acceptable.

my friend, do you realy believe this?

You hypocrite. If you want to boycott Danmark, boycott everything, not just cheese.

Infact my country still dont boycott(Turkey) anything, but I dont understand why should they boycott benefits?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 54>