Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

European Press shows solidarity with threatened Danish cartoonist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 54>
Author
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: European Press shows solidarity with threatened Danish cartoonist
    Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:30
Originally posted by Ikki

Originally posted by Voyager

Muslims can also be accused of being hypocrite since there are ample examples of cartoons made in moderate Muslim countries (as the politically correct troop of West likes to say in self-delusion) with atrocious attacks to other cultures and religions that make the Danish cartoons look mild by comparison (http://www.tomgrossmedia.com/ArabCartoons.htm).

Hypocrites

thats not true,

Europeans and westerns were always making cartoons about muslims and Arabs and there wernt a problem.

in this case it was just because of drawing the prophet like a terrorest.

its just that point which obviously provoked all muslms and the west mostly still supprised and asking "whats the problem".

making insuling/humiliating pictures of the prophet is provoking to muslims in a very very large level, you cant understand why? you dont need to just know that its a very sensitive issue.

other than that you guys are doing all the drawings you liked and nothing similar to this happened.

the Danish Newspaper was correct by saying its  a challenge.

They knew what they are doing very well.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:33

Infact what I dont understand is that, our friends support this absurd cartons, because they support freedom of speach.(Even we dont like it)

But they dont support absurd muslims boycot, Infact they should also support freedom of choice.

It is against every type of democracy to force people for something. They choose boycot, so we should support their freedecision.(Even We dont like it)

Support freedom of choose.

Edited by Mortaza
Boztorgay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Boztorgay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:34

Originally posted by azimuth

[in this case it was just because of drawing the prophet like a terrorest.

I admit that is offensive. But is not illegal. I wish that no one suffered in all that problem and that muslim don't feel sad or angry. But historically, Mohamed, was a violent, aggresive, cunning, and cruel man. He attacked the caravans of his own tribe fellows, killed his relatives (that's a tribe), and killed many unguilty people. Not very far from the terrorist concept . . .

Il n'y a que les imbciles et les huitres qui adhrent - Paul Valry
Boztorgay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Boztorgay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:39
Originally posted by Mortaza

Infact what I dont understand is that, our friends support this absurd cartons, because they support freedom of speach.(Even we dont like it)

But they dont support absurd muslims boycot, Infact they should also support freedom of choice.

It is against every type of democracy to force people for something. They choose boycot, so we should support their freedecision.(Even We dont like it)

Support freedom of choose.

I support with all my al heart the arab expression of freedom (in arab, freedom mean anything you think or do, and is not contrary the interest of the dictatorship or absolute monorach ) in the form of boycott.  Boycott brothers, that's exactly what we need in this world, in order to make a sh*t of it!

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:44

Well I know this boycot thing is boring, but so also pictures.

But both of them is not against law. Support our boycot Boztorgay, for freedom. Dont buy danish product.

Protect our freedom, so when times come, we can protect your freedom.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:45

boycott is childish, also that disrespecting of otherones religion is childish and unacceptable and not excusing of that accusion is also childish.

Its get worser and worser for both sides, people need to talk.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:46
Originally posted by Boztorgay

But historically, Mohamed, was a violent, aggresive, cunning, and cruel man. He attacked the caravans of his own tribe fellows, killed his relatives (that's a tribe), and killed many unguilty people. Not very far from the terrorist concept . . .

no he wasn't and i advice you making a new topic about this with supported facts instead of this provoktive post.

considre this your first unofficial warning.

Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:47
Originally posted by DayI

boycott is childish, also that disrespecting of otherones religion is childish and unacceptable and not excusing of that accusion is also childish.

Its get worser and worser for both sides, people need to talk.

To busy drawing crude Danish flags and then burning them im afraid whilst Europe collectively rolls its eyes and says "Wow I didnt see that coming".

Edited by Heraclius
A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Boztorgay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Boztorgay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:48

Well I know this boycot thing is boring, but so also pictures.

But both of them is not against law. Support our boycot Boztorgay, for freedom. Dont buy danish product.

Protect our freedom, so when times come, we can protect your freedom.

I respect your freedom, but I have no reason to support your expression; it's enough to admitt it.  

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:50

If the pictures of the prophet so offend muslims, then why are not the many pictures of Allah(God) himself createing such an uproar within Islam? Is Muhammed greater than Allah in Islam?

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:51

I respect your freedom, but I have no reason to support your expression; it's enough to admitt it.  

Thanks buy Turkish Good!

Infact It is good time to sell Arabian countries some good.

To busy drawing crude Danish flags and then burning them im afraid whilst Europe collectively rolls its eyes and says "Wow I didnt see that coming".

Loosing 11.000 job for some stupid pictures is also funny.

Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:53

Loosing 11.000 job for some stupid pictures is also funny.

wow that Saudi sense of humour slays me.

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:53

If the pictures of the prophet so offend muslims, then why are not the many pictures of Allah(God) himself createing such an uproar within Islam? Is Muhammed greater than Allah in Islam?

Err, interesting question, I think we dont take this God pictures, as our Allah.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:54

wow that Saudi sense of humour slays me.

Excatly what we think about Danish humour.,

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:56

Err, interesting question, I think we dont take this God pictures, as our Allah.

I know this is a lil ff topic but thats interesting cause I always thought that Allah and the Christian God and the Jewish God were all the same, is this not true?

Boztorgay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Boztorgay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 14:57

And what misterious wonder is doing possible that you take the person in the danish cartoon as Mohamed?

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:00
Originally posted by arch.buff

I know this is a lil ff topic but thats interesting cause I always thought that Allah and the Christian God and the Jewish God were all the same, is this not true?

true but in Islam  God isnt like Humans and he doesnt look like humans.

muslims belvie that God isn't like anything we could imagen.

in another word " nothing looks like him" so no picture will potray God as muslim belive.

Edited by azimuth
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:00
Originally posted by Boztorgay

And what misterious wonder is doing possible that you take the person in the danish cartoon as Mohamed?

I guess one could ligitimately argue that issue, that is if the cartoon doesnt say Muhammed.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:01

Er, they didnt hide it much.

It is, but we just dont cared. After all Jesus also one of biggest prophet of Islam, but we didnt boycot for him too.

Buy Turkish Good!

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:03
Here is a quote from a dear friend who said (well, almost said) (I substituted 'political leaders' with 'religious leaders')

"[Religious leaders] are no more worthy of respect than anyone else. Probably less. If you aren't going to ridicule, criticise and satirise [religious leaders], especially powerful ones, who are you going to ridicule, criticise and satirise?"

If you are so secure and confident that your religion is the one and only, then why should you feel offended when others make fun or light of it?
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 54>