Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mohajirs & Their Genetic Makeup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mohajirs & Their Genetic Makeup
    Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 04:50

This thread is about Mohajirs in general and their genetic makeup in particular.

People who don't know what a Mohajir is are welcome to contribute their gems in this thread.A Mohajir is basically a refugee {it's the literal meaning I guess....it's an Arabic word therefore I would request members who are native speakers of Arabic to verify my claim}.Mohajirs reside in Pakistan.More Mohajirs reside in the Pakistani provinces of Punjab and Sindh {most} than they do in NWFP {North West Frontier Province},Balochistan and POK {Azad Kashmir}.I might have forgot to mention some other areas of Pakistan where according to believable sources VERY white people live {some sources say they are almost as white as the whitest of whites and  even have blonde hair and blue eyes ----which is a recessive character/gene {or something like that}}.

Before 1947 Mohajirs were not refugees,they were living in what is known as India now.So it seems they shifted to Pakistan{what used to be West Pakistan in 1947} in 1947.

I hope by now you have some general idea about what a Mohajir is.The present General/President/Dictator of a partially democratic Pakistan is/was also a Mohajir.His name is General Pervez Musharraf.Below I copy and paste a pic of his {lemme search www.google.com}.

http://www.punjabilok.com/musharraf_visit/images/taj1.jpg

It seems likely that this pic of the General and his first Lady were taken when they were visiting a country which got it's name in the year 1947.

The gentleman in the above picture is also a Mohajir.He has been living in UK {cool country/conglomerate of nations?????} becoz he despises the hot and humid weather of his home city.Any guesses as to what his name and the name of his home city is?Consider it a quiz,consider it a mental exercise,consider it a BAIT to get you involved in this discussion {I have been barred indefinitely by some senior citizens.........of AE...debarring me from sending them PM's.....not Prime Minister's....PM's means private message...or private messages...through AE's very own Private Messenger...informing them of mine having started a new topic....nad having the pleasure of their GEMS being thrown in.....in my GEM STUDDED topics......which unfortunately are public property}.

Basically Mohajirs have fared rather well in the who's who of Pakistani Generals/Dictators/Presidents of partial democracies,etc.

My hands are itching to press the Post New Topic button situated below the bottom left hand corner of this box.So I would keep my gem short for the time being.

A request before I actually press the Post New Topic button {You Know where it is situated right....}.I would like this topic to be a very friendly,thought----provoking,informative and last but not the least free from any kinds of flame wars.Please behave like gentlemen or join the gentleman in the second picture in the cool country he livin in and play some cricket with him {I don't know if he likes or can actually play cricket}.Physical exercise in short is good for the body.I'm back after a 10 KM walk myself.Intention was 5 but took a wrong turn{not for the first time in my life}.

And please don't find faults with this opening post of mine.This is another in the line of few GEMS that I've posted on AE forums.You might not realize it now but a month later I'm sure you will all be in 100% agreement with me and we will be PALS {hopefully}.

And please stick to the topic.

The topic again is,

Mohajirs & Their Genetic Makeup........

{This is only for Mila's eyes-------Makeup(here) does not refer to things you put on your face and nails to make you look more beautiful}.

Jai Badri Vishal
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 05:24
Muhajir means haj as in migration, and mu as in someone who does it. So a muhajir is some who migrated.

Being a muhajir I'll tell you my genetic make up.
25% Arab, 25% Indian (for want of a better word), 25% anglo, and 25% scott.
Although the some of the arab part lived in Balchuistan for a while, and some of the Indian part came from Gilan in Iran, but that was probably at least 200 years ago. The arab part has also been in the subcontient for 100 years now.
The anglo-scott part came via australia

Edited by Omar al Hashim
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 05:44

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Muhajir means haj as in migration, and mu as in someone who does it. So a muhajir is some who migrated.

Being a muhajir I'll tell you my genetic make up.
25% Arab, 25% Indian (for want of a better word), 25% anglo, and 25% scott.
Although the some of the arab part lived in Balchuistan for a while, and some of the Indian part came from Gilan in Iran, but that was probably at least 200 years ago. The arab part has also been in the subcontient for 100 years now.
The anglo-scott part came via australia

Thanx for the GEM Omar.You are a colourful character {genetic-cakely speaking}.I'll google now for the population of Mohajirs in Pakistan.

I'm a very apologetic creature so my apologies first if incase I hurt anyone's sensitivities.Now this site has a domain name that ends in .edu.

Mohajirs, which means literally "refugee," are the Urdu-speaking Muslims who fled India after the 1947 partition of the sub-continent and their descendents.

http://www.cidcm.umd.edu/inscr/mar/assessment.asp?groupId=77 007

This one is owned by Mr.Gates{like him bcoz he's got lots of money}

Mohajirs constitute about 8 percent of the population. They are Muslims who settled in Pakistan after the partition of British India in 1947. Unlike other cultural groups of Pakistan, they do not have a tribe-based cultural identity. They are the only people in the country for whom Urdu, the official language, is their native tongue. Mohajirs were the vanguard of the Pakistan Movement, which advocated the partition of British India in order to create the independent nation of Pakistan for Indian Muslims.

After the partition, a large number of Muslims migrated from various urban centers of India to live in the new nation of Pakistan. These migrants later identified themselves as mohajirs, meaning refugees in both Urdu and Arabic.

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761560851_3/Pakistan.htm l

Do you agree with Muhajirs forming 8% of the Pakistani population bit Omar.A personal question "Is Urdu your native tongue"?You don't have to reply incase I hurt your sensitivities.Apologies again Omar.

Edited by Jhangora
Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 06:55
Other Dudes and Dudettes may also participate.
Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 07:12

Pray for the Mohajirs of Pakistan

The tumultuous and bloody partition of the Indian subcontinent in 1947 brought about two independent nations, India and Pakistan. Twenty four years later a third nation erupted after a civil war between the then West and East Pakistan, and was named Bangladesh.

Prayer Guide

* For the workers in Karachi and other parts of Sindh reaching out to Mohajirs, for strength and encouragement.

* For the believers in Jesus among the Mohajirs and small fellowships that exist, for boldness and protection.

* For many more labourers to reach out to Mohajirs.

* For peace to come to Karachi and the Sindh, that the Mohajirs would find their true identity in Jesus.

http://www.30-days.net/email00/day29.htm

Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 07:15
Originally posted by Jhangora

Pray for the Mohajirs of Pakistan

The tumultuous and bloody partition of the Indian subcontinent in 1947 brought about two independent nations, India and Pakistan. Twenty four years later a third nation erupted after a civil war between the then West and East Pakistan, and was named Bangladesh.

Prayer Guide

* For the workers in Karachi and other parts of Sindh reaching out to Mohajirs, for strength and encouragement.

* For the believers in Jesus among the Mohajirs and small fellowships that exist, for boldness and protection.

* For many more labourers to reach out to Mohajirs.

* For peace to come to Karachi and the Sindh, that the Mohajirs would find their true identity in Jesus.

http://www.30-days.net/email00/day29.htm

Oops.....I cut,copied and pasted from a WRONG website.Just ignore this post.It is not relevant to the issue at hand.

Sorry My Mishtake.Has anyone here read 'My Mishtake'?It's a short story written by a dude{judging from the story he seemed to be a COOL DUDE}.

Edited by Jhangora
Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 07:21

http://www.karachipage.com/

My Mishtake again.Wrong link.Please don't kill me,like the guy who was killed at the end of that cool story called 'My Mishtake' written by the COOL DUDE.

the Mohajirs make up more than two-thirds of Karachi's 12 million residents.

Ya I got it.I was looking for the population of Mohajirs in Karachi.

PS:  Please don't read the complete article.I gave you the population figures.

http://www.asiaweek.com/asiaweek/95/0728/nat1.html

Edited by Jhangora
Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 07:41

Some dudes seem to be exercising their brain cells {I hope the grey ones}.

Nah.They are just offline right now.

Edited by Jhangora
Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 07:47

Some Trivia {only for Maju}....

There are three more Karachis, in
RUSSIA,KYRGYZSTAN & BOLIVIA

http://www.karachipage.com/

Jai Badri Vishal
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 10:43
is that guy Lakshmi Mittal?
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:40

Originally posted by Zagros

is that guy Lakshmi Mittal?

Yes Zagros but recently he changed his name to Mr.Altaf Hussain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altaf_Hussain

The link above is an ode to our very own homegrown encyclopedia Wikipedia {which everyone on AE loves and refers to...... in times of distress}.

Woh wikipedia just told me that Mr.Lakshmi Mittal AKA Mr.Altaf Hussain just became a citizen of UK.Cool Dude.....

Jai Badri Vishal
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:57

Muhajer in Arabic means a imigrant (sp)

refugee in Arabic is Laje'e

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 13:03

also that man is NOT lakshmi mittal, lakshmi Mittal is Hindu citizen of India who lives in the UK and he is the 3rd richest man in the world as per forbes.

Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 13:13
Thanx for your contribution so far Azimuth.
Jai Badri Vishal
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 15:23

I knew it wasn't him, i just read about his failed takeover of a swiss steel firm and the name jumped to my mind when i saw that guy lol.

Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 06:54

I just found the homepage of MAJU.

http://www.jinnah.edu/

Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 07:04

Actually I was looking for some information on Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.Used to think he was a Mohajir too.I was wrong.Sorry.

Pakistan, one of the largest Muslim states in the world, is a living and exemplary monument of Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. With his untiring efforts, indomitable will, and dauntless courage, he united the Indian Muslims under the banner of the Muslim League and carved out a homeland for them, despite stiff opposition from the Hindu Congress and the British Government.

Muhammad Ali Jinnah was born in Karachi on December 25, 1876. His father Jinnah Poonja was an Ismaili Khoja of Kathiawar, a prosperous business community. Muhammad Ali received his early education at the Sindh Madrasa and later at the Mission School, Karachi. He went to England for further studies in 1892 at the age of 16. In 1896, Jinnah qualified for the Bar and was called to the Bar in 1897.

Muhammad Ali Jinnah started his political career in 1906 when he attended the Calcutta session of the All India National Congress in the capacity of Private Secretary to the President of the Congress. In 1910, he was elected to the Imperial Legislative Council. He sponsored the Waqf Validating Bill, which brought him in touch with other Muslim leaders. In March 1913, Jinnah joined the All India Muslim League.

http://www.storyofpakistan.com/person.asp?perid=P009&Pg= 1

The establishment of Pakistan brought even greater responsibilities for Jinnah. The refugee problem, the withholding of Pakistani assets by India, and the Kashmir problem were a real test for the Quaid. However, his indomitable will prevailed. He worked out a sound economic policy, established an independent currency and the State Bank for Pakistan. He chose Karachi as the federal capital.

However, he did not live long to witness the progress of the state that he had founded. On September 11, 1948, he died after a protracted illness at Karachi. He was buried in Karachi that witnessed the entire nation mourning over an irreparable loss.

http://www.storyofpakistan.com/person.asp?perid=P009&Pg= 4

Quaid-i-Azam's brother Ahmed Ali with his wife Emy

I am not sure if this is a Pakistani website.

Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 08:22

An Indian View on the problems being faced by the Mohajirs in Pakistan.

Mohajirs, or Muslims who migrated to Pakistan after Partition, have been facing state terrorism ever since. They were keen on improving their lot and their families literally starved to raise their children with the best of education. The next generation did very well in securing the bulk of the key posts in the Pakistani government. Their prosperity alarmed the Sindhis and Punjabis and they stopped the appointment of Mohajirs in the government services. The promotion of those Mohajirs who were already holding top posts in the government were blocked.

When the Mohajirs took to the streets to protesting against the injustice, the ruling Sindhi and Punjabi lobby unleashed the state machinery against them.

Every Mohajir rally was fired upon, members of their families picked up from home, detained indiscriminately and many killed. Till date, about 3,00,000 Mohajirs are said to have been killed by the Pakistani police and the Army. There is hardly a Mohajir family in Karachi that has not lost at least one of its members.

I met a group of Muttahida Quami Movement activists who were demonstrating against Pakistans atrocities in front of the United Nations office in New York.

Their anger against Pakistani establishments and the story of their plight was an eye opener for me. Similarly, the Baluchis have been seeking independence for some time now. They hardly bother for Pakistans Kashmir agenda and have been fighting the Sindhi and Punjabi hegemony in Pakistan.

The Punjabi lobby has been calling the shots in Pakistan since its inception and even General Musharraf cannot move a finger without the consent of the six Punjabi generals serving at the helm of Pakistans military.

While the MQM and Baluch movements have been continuing for years, I wonder if the time has come for India to extend its moral and logistical support to these causes just like Pakistan has been doing in Kashmir.

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=3626

Jai Badri Vishal
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 02:49

I just found the homepage of MAJU.

http://www.jinnah.edu/

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 06:26

Do you agree with Muhajirs forming 8% of the Pakistani population bit Omar.A personal question "Is Urdu your native tongue"?You don't have to reply incase I hurt your sensitivities.Apologies again Omar.

Dear Mr.Omar,

Your silence suggests that you don't have time to take part in this discussion.Since I want this discussion to go on {in the interests of the entire AE community},I make some assumptions.Please correct me if I am wrong.

1}You said you are a Mohajir.Mohajirs claim Urdu as their native tongue.Therefore I assume your native tongue is Urdu.

2}You use English pretty well on AE forums.Therefore I assume English is your second language.

3}Please enlighten us regarding other languages you have command over.

(point 2 and 3 are irrelevant to this discussion.....I guess throw a lot of garbage with my GEMS on AE...so some Administrators have a hard time understanding me}

Back to you Mr.Omar.If you have spare time,do log-in and let us know when you would be able to participate in this thread more actively.

Warmest Regards,

Jhangora.

Jai Badri Vishal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>