Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed(Scary Imams and gullable) Muslims versus Denmark (and fascists)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: (Scary Imams and gullable) Muslims versus Denmark (and fascists)
    Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:13
The Queen got in on it too? My God.

Isn't she the one they call the Drag Queen, for her
chain smoking habit? I can't remember if it's
Denmark or Belgium or wherever else.

But she apparently even lit up in a home for elderly
asthmatics.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
krios View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:13
Haha how come muslims always start crying when something funny or bad is published, whatever you want funny or bad.
I see that here in Slovenia. They are crying so much that they cant have their dzamija. I just think they dont  have money, while majority of slovenians are against. I think we are one of few european countries that dont have dzamija. Well it is either you assimilate or get out of here. We dont need some strange ideology presented on any plane any time in land of slovenian citizens. thats it, but they continue to cry.
Boztorgay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:16

Originally posted by Mira

That's your problem.  If you don't mind your religions and religious figures being mocked, you're free.  We don't like that for ourselves, and we are free to react to the insult in any way we wish.  Expressing our anger is also freedom of speech.

yes, you are right, you can react and nobody want to deny it, this right, but you can't react "in any way you wish".  By saying that, you simply open some kind of pandora's box, where "reaction" follow "reaction". That's insanity. As a fragile civilization (i.e. the arab muslim countries) as you are, it is not at all your interest. It's sad that only this kind of intelectual and visual harshness get people used with the liberty of expression, but it is the only way to treat this already negected illness of the european youngster of muslim extraction. Once again, it doesn't matter what are saying the other muslim, they're not even targeted by this, in my opinion.  

Edited by Boztorgay
Il n'y a que les imbciles et les huitres qui adhrent - Paul Valry
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:21
Originally posted by Cywr

Does that apply to those touring Imams too?
Deliberatly showing intentionaly offensive (for they can be interpreted in no other way, at least the originals bar one are tame and weren't intended so much as to spred lies as they were a cheap distastefull publicity stunt) pictures that were never ever even published in the newspaper with the deliberate intent of provoking a response in the middle east, in what has effictivly amounted to incitement to hatred and even violence in all but name.
Rest assured, they most likely won't have to account for their actions.

Anyways, from all this I learned a Danish proverb - "an orange in the Turban", means 'good luck'. Is that right?

I didn't understand that proverb, sorry.

That certainly does not apply to what you called "the touring imams."  After locally seeking a proper solution (a simple apology from the newspaper) that was rejected, they decided to internationalize the matter, not by spreading lies, but simply making it known all over the world.  They did not re-print or re-distribute the images.  All we heard in this part of the world is that there were offensive cartoons published in the newspaper that were insulting to the person of the Prophet (peace be upon Him). 

If they really wanted to incite people, as you claim, they would have made sure to include the pictures.  Most people here boycotting Danish products, going out on demonstrations and writing letters and faxes to the Danish consulate - I assure you - have not even seen the pictures.

As I said earlier, it's not too hard to apologize to people, unless you had really meant to offend them.  The pictures were highly distasteful, and clearly aimed at upsetting Muslims.

Think what you may, but you cannot deny that the reaction was expected.  They obviously wanted to touch a sensitive nerve.

We respect your freedoms, but you can't step over our feelings in celebration of that.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:25
They toured with pictures that weren't printed in the Danish newspapers. So not everyone saw them, its still lying.
Arrrgh!!"
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:29
Originally posted by Boztorgay

yes, you are right, you can react and nobody want to deny it, this right, but you can't react "in any way you wish".  By saying that, you simply open some kind of pandora's box, where "reaction" follow "reaction". That's insanity. As a fragile civilization (i.e. the arab muslim countries) as you are, it is not at all your interest. It's sad that only this kind of intelectual and visual harshness get people used with the liberty of expression, but it is the only way to treat this already negected illness of the european youngster of muslim extraction. Once again, it doesn't matter what are saying the other muslim, they're not even targeted by this, in my opinion.  

Boztorgay,

When you target the main figure of Islam, you target the entire Muslim Ummah.  To say otherwise is blatant ignorance (or lies).  We are not a fragile civilization; we are not a civilization to begin with. 

If you can say, "we can publish what we want," I have the same right to say, "we can react to it the way we want, too."

Denmark has the right not to apologize, and we have the right to continue demanding an apology and boycotting their products meanwhile.  Where's the violence in that? 
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:30

That certainly does not apply to what you called "the touring imams."  After locally seeking a proper solution (a simple apology from the newspaper) that was rejected, they decided to internationalize the matter, not by spreading lies, but simply making it known all over the world.  They did not re-print or re-distribute the images. 

Eh, no. They didn't reprint anything - they made THEIR OWN pictures, far more insulting than anything that was printed in the Danish paper. I posted the link already.

Denmark has the right not to apologize, and we have the right to continue demanding an apology and boycotting their products meanwhile.  Where's the violence in that? 

The paper in question has already apologized. Why should an instance (in this case, the Danish government) that had nothing to do with it apologize?

Edited by Styrbiorn
Boztorgay View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:32

Mira, I wish to ask you a question: why are ou today very sensitive people to all what others say about Mahomed, while the arabs in his time, from his tribe, were so harsh with?

They called him abtar, that meaning something like impotent, or castrated, because he never did produce a male descendent. That was the biggest hancicap an arab could ever have.

Il n'y a que les imbciles et les huitres qui adhrent - Paul Valry
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:32
N/M.

Edited by Mila
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:33
Originally posted by Cywr

They toured with pictures that weren't printed in the Danish newspapers. So not everyone saw them, its still lying.

You mean it would have been to heighten the tension by showing the pictures, too?  A description of the cartoons was obviously enough.  I can testify to how accurate the descriptions were.  In fact, I found the the cartoons to be more offensive than the descriptions.  You call it lies?  I call it media censorship.  If it was up to me, I would have voted for publishing the cartoons in local newspapers.
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:34
Oh God, Mira. Be careful what you wish for. There are
few that actually were published that are enough to
blow a fuse in the Arab world.
Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:34
Originally posted by Mila

asthmatics.

"We must show our opposition to Islam," says Danish Queen.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:36
They added 3 offensive pictures to the original 12, i call that lies, yes.
Arrrgh!!"
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:37
One look at those teeth - yeah, she's the Drag Queen
I mentioned.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:39

Originally posted by Mila

asthmatics.

"We must show our opposition to Islam," says Danish Queen.

Taken out of context. It was concerning growing fundamentalist extremism in Denmark (ie, 'bomb the infidels'), not Islam in general. That said, the Danish immigration politics aren't really helping either.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:40

As a fragile civilization (i.e. the arab muslim countries) as you are

I dont  think they will have  much problem for selling their goods(oil), what about you?

Mira View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:40
Originally posted by Boztorgay

Mira, I wish to ask you a question: why are ou today very sensitive people to all what others say about Mahomed, while the arabs in his time, from his tribe, were so harsh with?

They called him abtar, that meaning something like impotent, or castrated, because he never did produce a male descendent. That was the biggest hancicap an arab could ever have.

The Prophet (peace be upon Him) was alive then to defend himself.  His companions were alive to defend him, too.  Do you take pleasure in insulting people who cannot defend themselves?

Moreover, Islam was in its initial phases.  Did they dare insult him after the conquering of Mecca?

In any case, we're talking about the present day.  Muslims are already subject to hate crimes and black humor everywhere.  That doesn't make headlines and Muslims generally ignore that.  So why did they have to insult the person of the Prophet (peace be upon Him)?
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:41
The taken out of context excuse doesn't really work
for me in terms of that sentence. Showing your
opposition to "Islam" in no way can be tolerated by
specifying Islamic fundamentalists. If you mean
Islamic fundamentalists, then say Islamic
fundamentalists. If you mean Islam, then say Islam -
just be prepared to bear the consequences.

That said - I did find the end of the article rather
strange? Her two quotes - one about
fundamentalists and the other about what needs to
happen in Denmark - I agree with? It doesn't seem
that crazy to me. It's just the first half that's annoying.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:43
Regarding the proverb, having an orange in your turban means you have something to be proud of, so that explains that particular cartoon, a sort of self-mockery presumably.
The Wiki is often useless.
Arrrgh!!"
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:44

They added 3 offensive pictures to the original 12, i call that lies, yes.

err so why do these guys want to endanger their position at their host countries?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>