Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Youre The Great king

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Surenas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Surenas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Youre The Great king
    Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 02:41
Hello all,
Your The Great king Darius, you have just lost the battle of Issos, what tactic's would you now take the same as history say's or different?
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 03:38

I would appoint you "Special Advisor to his Royal Highness", and leave it upto you to devise a way out of the mess.

Incase your strategy doesn't work.You would be.

Jai Badri Vishal
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 06:08
Assassinate Alex and bribe some of his officers to defect with the vast Persian treasury. If such measure prove insufficient, try luring the Macedonians into harsh terrain and isolating them from supplies so they starve or die of thirst.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 06:33
Scorched earth tactics, starve them and avoid pitched battle, like Darius's Ionian commanders advised anyway, once they ahve been defeated, totally renovate and refurbish the army with a professional hardcore with modern tactics.  Then cut Macedonia and hostile Greek states off, launch frequent raids on infrastructure.  Then attack and subjucate and replenish like the Marshal Plan.
Hannibal Barca View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Hannibal Barca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 12:18
Well...with as mny men as I would have, say about 200,000 compared to Alexander's 47,000, i would lure him into a very harsh and humid terrain and then move to encircle and cut off his troops from any supplies. I wouldn't try and fight him in a straight battle. With all those troops I would surround him and then annihilate him. Of course if he surrendered his army to me before he was destroyed I would acknowledge him, but he seems a bit too proud and hardheaded......
"In the absence of orders go find something and kill it!"

-Field MArshall Erwin Rommel
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 12:25

I agree that not offering battle is a wise choice, atleast for awhile, exhaust his men, cut off supplies, raid and harrass them when on the march or in camp, basically make life hell for the Macedonians. Poison water supplies, ravage the surrounding countryside etc. All designed to sap morale and physically weaken Alexanders troops before battle has even been joined.

Then await for a moment of supreme weakness after all the above has been done and strike from all sides at once, attempt to utterly annihilate the Macedonians and eradicate them as a threat permanently, no quarter given.

A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 13:42
Assemble my loyal followers, raid the royal treasury and head for India.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 14:08

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca

Well...with as mny men as I would have, say about 200,000 compared to Alexander's 47,000, i would lure him into a very harsh and humid terrain and then move to encircle and cut off his troops from any supplies. I wouldn't try and fight him in a straight battle. With all those troops I would surround him and then annihilate him. Of course if he surrendered his army to me before he was destroyed I would acknowledge him, but he seems a bit too proud and hardheaded......

Actually that did happen.

Alexander split his army, half with him and half with another general, he went thru the Zagros on the way to Persepolis, they were passing thru a rocky gorge when they found a huge wall blocking their path, then from above (on both sides) skirishers started hurling rocks and javelins down onto them... but for some reason after a few minutes they stopped.

Post Reply Post Reply