Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Medieval 2 : Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medieval 2 : Total War
    Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 23:42

A new Total War game will be released towards the end of this year. It's a complete remake of Medieval: Total War. I'm very excited about this one... This is what MTW should have been in the first place!

http://www.totalwar.com/community/medieval2.htm

ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2006 at 00:15
Originally posted by Artaxiad

A new Total War game will be released towards the end of this year. It's a complete remake of Medieval: Total War. I'm very excited about this one... This is what MTW should have been in the first place!

http://www.totalwar.com/community/medieval2.htm

sounds good - always wanted to play a game of that time period that is closer in quality to Rome. TW.  i have the old one and its still great though.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2006 at 00:32
Cool, this total war series is about the biggest motivation i have to update my computer's capabilities. I hope it is markedly different from Rome, I don't want to fork out alot of cash for some minor tweaking when i can just download a mod.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2006 at 01:11
"A legion of more than 250 new and unique units split over 21 factions, each with their own new special abilities that open up a wealth of intuitive battlefield tactics."

One can only wonder!
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2006 at 04:04
So the rumours were true. Meh, i'll probably need a new computer to play it.
Arrrgh!!"
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2006 at 15:39
Sounds too goo.d COmes out with a Legion of Bugs, I say...
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2006 at 17:43

" huge campaign spanning from the years 1080-1530, that will take the player beyond the first Crusade up until the dawn of the renaissance. An extended campaign map will allow passage to South and Central America bringing the player into battle with the Aztecs."

whats that? its called medieval dammit, why you don't include more of Asia instead, how can aztec warfare, architecture etc be seriously implemented in such a setting at all? but of course they'll do an add-on for this as well so they start in 1080 again instead of including the 11th century to the main camapign....

at least they got the assassination videos back, but i won't get this game anyways probably...

Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2006 at 17:56

Temujin,

They might have done this for the sake of an Ottoman mini-campaign.

Factions included: England, France, Scotland, Holy Roman Empire, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Milan, Venice, Papal States, Sicily, Poland, Russia, Hungary, Byzantium, The Turks, Egypt, The Moors, The Mongols, The Timurids, The Aztecs

Here's an interview with Creative Assembly: http://pc.ign.com/articles/682/682437p1.html

Edited by Artaxiad
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2006 at 01:02
 It looks great but so did RTW and what a total mess that turned out to be, it comes out the end of this year which means it wont be playable for about 6 months until somebody creates a decent mod or until they bother releasing a good patch. I wish I could get excited but RTW truly sucked despite looking great, so its hard to get excited over MTW2.
A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2006 at 15:48
Yes, Hercalius, I agree. Rome: Total War had the Egyptians having chariots and had the Seleucid Empire being nothing. The Rome Total Realism Community might get on this case.

Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 18:41
I can't wait to see what the mod community does with this.  The potential is certainly there.  Although I am surprised they extended the end date to 1530 instead of an earlier starting date.  Still it gives me something to look forward to...any game that has the byzantines in it can't be all bad.  I hope to god they improve the "naval battles".
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 22:31
MTW2 is planing to be ready in December 2006. So you will have to wait at least 1,5 or 2 years for any serious mod for MTW2
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2006 at 22:39
Originally posted by Heraclius

It looks great but so did RTW and what a total mess that turned outto be, it comes out the end of this year which means it wont be playable for about 6 months until somebody creates a decent mod or until they bother releasing a good patch. I wish I could get excited but RTW truly sucked despite looking great, so its hard to get excited over MTW2.

completly true. i don't expect much from MTW2. Game sounds arcadic to me. Although I like time period. My mod 's development is moving. It will be very interesting to see how campaign map will look like, cuz they expand to Aztecs. I will probably make a new map for MTW2 when it comes out, cuz i dont expect much from CA when speaking about historical accuracy.
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 04:16

I think they extended the campaign map to America to appeal to more American gamers.  Personally, I concur with Temujin and prefer that they expand the campaign map further down the Sahara (Ghana, Mali), and east of Persia (Ghruid, Sultanate of Delhi, Song, Ming, etc)

Expanding the campaign map to Central and South America makes very little sense, given the incompatibility of the Azetc military with European counterparts.

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

cg rommel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote cg rommel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 14:45
Its going to be great, i hope they add Serbia as a faction....
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 19:02
I hope that they take away the Portugese faction and make a Bohemian or Keivan Rus faction instead.

Lilleman View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Lilleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2006 at 19:44

Darn!

I really hoped that it was a bunch of sh*tty rumors about that they would make a remake of Medieval TW as their next game.

Why a remake on Medieval? I think Shogun would have been more apropiate, the game is older.

I would have hoped that they would make some kind of Far East: Total war (like the Gempei Wars, Warring states etc. or something like that).

Medieval Total War 2 = Boring.

Medieval war games have been done thousand times before. "Creative" Assembley my ass

Edited by Lilleman
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2006 at 02:46

Develop your faction as a feudal aristocracy using you castles to keep the peasants in check whilst conquering your enemies with your powerful armies. Or build cities to develop a wealthy urban society, and battle your foes with diplomacy, bribery, assassination and armies of mercenaries.

A dual line of development. Well, this sounds very interesting.

BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2006 at 23:23

OMG this game looks so cool i have to start saving for a new computer.

Dissapointed that the Delhi sultanate Song.Yuan.Ming armies and Tamerlames armies are not included

Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2006 at 23:02
This game looks awsome.
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>