Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWho was in charge of the Armenian Genocide?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who was in charge of the Armenian Genocide?
    Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 16:10
I briefly unlocked it to post a seemingly necessary note: all posted images are in the Wikipedia article. The one of the skulls is described as burned armenians, I can't comment on the uniforms, they might be Russian soldiers for what I know.

After clearing that up I re-lock the well locked topic.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:39
It's like the good old days on AE.
Come back when you all have calmed down.
In the meantime you can read all the old threads on Armenia.
Have fun!

Closed.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:36

No,it belonges to you.Judging a forum like this in such a manner with only 7 posts,shows high levels of stupidity.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:34

the armenian genocide is as real as the holocaust and as real as the genocide against native americans...

you can keep denying it, but by the reasons you turks give of why the armenian genocide didnt happen, they could also apply to why the holocaust didnt happen, yet we all know it did, so did the armenian genocide!

you guys say that the photos are fake, well what if someone today says the pictures of the holocaust are fake?

you guys say that in war people die, well, cant someone say the samething about the holocaust?

you can say that the camps were just not well taken care of because of lack of resources, well cant the same be said of the holocaust?

if you deny the armenian genocide, then you deny the holocaust, then you deny the Native American genocide, and you deny every other genocide that has ever taken place!

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:32
[QUOTE=Spartakus]

Don't be an idiot.

/QUOTE]

Why not? Is this title belongs to you ?

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:22

Originally posted by Raven

Very poor moderation . Letting some people to manipulate subject by putting dead people pictures.If I put better pictures would it make me right?

Great first day for me here , I dont think this forum is for intelligent discussions but instead nationalist BS and propaganda.
If you can take criticism....

Don't be an idiot.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:21
Oh yeah the copy machines were in full supply in impoverished Armenia

Want pictures? here

http://www.armenian-genocide.org/photo_wegner.html

http://www.armenian-genocide.org/photo_elder.html

Those are fake too right?

here is an excerpt from Armin T. Wegner

http://www.pbs.org/greatwar/chapters/ch2_voices2.html

Edited by mamikon
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:18
Very poor moderation . Letting some people to manipulate subject by putting dead people pictures.If I put better pictures would it make me right?

Great first day for me here , I dont think this forum is for intelligent discussions but instead nationalist BS and propaganda.
If you can take criticism....

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:12

Originally posted by barish

I am still expecting an answer from Maju for that picture.

Day clearly pointed out one of the mistakes, why don't people make any comment about it?

Cuz i simply saw it and know it on a Turkish TV channel pointed out those fakeness. It is simply taken from the Russians of their civil wars + its photoshopped, here another photoshop skillz that let make me laugh:

A simply photo taken infront of a school (or church you can see it on their back) with all the employee and students (even not in Turkey, cuz in those times you had medresses and the teachers and stuff had weared saryk) also if you can see the Ottomans did teach English in those classes :

Edited by DayI
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:09
Originally posted by mamikon

Are you kidding me? the people whose ancestors were directly affected by Armenian re-location are the primary people who are "complaining", the deportation is the only reason that there are so many Armenian populations abroad. Those who live in free countries only dare to speak of the Armenian Genocide. I do not think it would be wise for Christian Armenians in Muslim Syria talk badly about Muslim Turkey (even though the two countries dont have that good of relations)

Religion doesn't have anything to do with this subject.

I think we all know what happens in those free countries. More popularity among Armenians, more votes...

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:07
does it even matter barish?     
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:02
I am still expecting an answer from Maju for that picture.

Day clearly pointed out one of the mistakes, why don't people make any comment about it?

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:01
Originally posted by barish

By the way, isn't it strange that the people whose ancestors were directly affected by Armenian re-location do not complain about it?

I have seen a documentery about the Armenians who live around Northern Syria and Hatay. The people definetely do not hate us. (I wouldn't blame them, if they did.)

Are you kidding me? the people whose ancestors were directly affected by Armenian re-location are the primary people who are "complaining", the deportation is the only reason that there are so many Armenian populations abroad. Those who live in free countries only dare to speak of the Armenian Genocide. I do not think it would be wise for Christian Armenians in Muslim Syria talk badly about Muslim Turkey (even though the two countries dont have that good of relations)
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:57
I know of these sentences to be well documented,  and "not by another people", I kind of expected that reply.

The Turkish Republic is responsible for denying it and supressing its recognition elsewhere. If maybe in 1920s it made a formal apology to Armenians, its World image could have been much, much better. I am pretty sure that most Turkish individuals abroad are sick and tired of people scoffing and disregarding them, just because their government is still foolish enough to deny the recognition (even if the individuals themselves recognize it).

You might be oblivious to this, but there are more and more books coming out now describing "Turkish collective memory lapses".

I wonder, what is written in your history books about the year 1878.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:57
Originally posted by Komnenos

I just want to say that I find it tragic and disappointing that an entire nation and most of its people, with some notable exceptions, will not bring it upon them to discuss to a rather unpleasant episode in their history, never mind to own up to it.

Yes, it is a sad and unforunate event, but not a genocide.

By the way, isn't it strange that the people whose ancestors were directly affected by Armenian re-location do not complain about it?

I have seen a documentery about the Armenians who live around Northern Syria and Hatay. The people definetely do not hate us. (I wouldn't blame them, if they did.)
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:54

Originally posted by Komnenos

I had sworn never, ever to intervene again in a discussion about the question, if indeed the deliberate murder of a large number of Armenian people did take place in Turkey during WW1.
So, I'm not discussing this here, especially as I'm not a professional Armenian genocide partisan of either side, unlike others on AE.
I just want to say that I find it tragic and disappointing that an entire nation and most of its people, with some notable exceptions, will not bring it upon them to discuss to a rather unpleasant episode in their history, never mind to own up to it.
As a German I can recommend the process of coming to terms with one's history, sometimes a difficult and painful undertaking, but one that once it finished strengthens the country's civil society. It took the Germans 25 years and caused a deep conflict between generations, but it the end we came out the better for it. Maybe it's time to do the same.
I had also sworn to never discuss such topics in my life, but maju did lead me in it with his bias.

Also some pics can be prooved fake by a logical person. Really you musnt be a "genius" to find that fakement in those pictures, can i also ask to the poster where those pictures from, wich part of Turkey? Also i wanna have more "genocide" pictures with soldiers in it. 

And my sources are simply google by searching "russian soldier wwi" and "russian ww1" search results are http://images.google.be/images?svnum=10&hl=nl&lr=&am p;q=russian+soldier+wwi

http://www.satiche.org.uk/vinbbp/phot2859.jpg 

i have more to post, but ill stop it here till a responce of that troublemaker.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:52

what's the population of Armenia today? I assume it is 3 million.what's the diaspora Armenians population in other countries? I assume it is another  million 3 million?

Their population is 8  or   9 million. Dont  ask me why  numbers are so large, when they have  one of biggest asimilation rate.

mamikon

If a turk refuse exile just shut  him, exile made  with a  law  named  "techir kanunu"

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:46
I think those sentences belong to different people. Not one person as in different time periods.

Even if so called Armenian genocide is proved to be true, how can the Turkish Republic, which one was founded in 1923, be responsible for an event which occured in 1915?

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:37
what's the population of Armenia today? I assume it is 3 million.what's the diaspora Armenians population in other countries? I assume it is another  million 3 million?

what was the population of Armenians in 1915?    
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:36
I had sworn never, ever to intervene again in a discussion about the question, if indeed the deliberate murder of a large number of Armenian people did take place in Turkey during WW1.
So, I'm not discussing this here, especially as I'm not a professional Armenian genocide partisan of either side, unlike others on AE.
As a German I can recommend the process of coming to terms with one's history, sometimes a difficult and painful undertaking, but one that once it finished strengthens the country's civil society. It took the Germans 25 years and caused a deep conflict between generations, but it the end we came out the better for it. Maybe it's time to do the same.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>