Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5 things I like about India

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 things I like about India
    Posted: 26-Feb-2006 at 03:57

Chaa

amir khan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote amir khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 17:10

5 things I like about India

1)The Diversity that is India.

2)The inherently peaceful nature of its ancient culture.

3)Contributions to humanity via. Buddhism

4)Indians who want peace in Kashmir

5)Indian Girls

Albert Einstein, American Scientist: "We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made!"

Mark Twain, American Author: "India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most astrictive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only!"

"So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by man or nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten, nothing overlooked."

"In religion, India is the only millionaire... the One land that all men desire to see, and having seen once, by even a glimpse, would not give that glimpse for all the shows of all the rest of the globe combined."

Will Durant, American Historian: It is true that even across the Himalayan barrier India has sent to the west, such gifts as grammar and logic, philosophy and fables, hypnotism and chess, and above all numerals and the decimal system.

"India will teach us the tolerance and gentleness of mature mind, understanding spirit and a unifying, pacifying love for all human beings."

"India is the motherland of our race and Sanskrit is the mother of Indo-European languages. She is the mother of our philosophy, of our mathematics, mother of ideals embodied in Christianity and mother of our democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all." (Story of Civilization)

Henry David Thoreau, American Thinker /Author: Whenever I have read any part of the Vedas, I have felt that some unearthly and unknown light illuminated me. In the great teaching of the Vedas, there is no touch of sectarianism. It is of all ages, climbs, and nationalities and is the royal road for the attainment of the Great Knowledge. When I read it, I feel that I am under the spangled heavens of a summer night.

R.W. Emerson, American Author: In the great books of India, an empire spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy, but large, serene, consistent, the voice of an old intelligence, which in another age and climate had pondered and thus disposed of the questions that exercise us.

William James, American Author: "From the Vedas we learn a practical art of surgery, medicine, music, house building under which mechanized art is included. They are encyclopedia of every aspect of life, culture, religion, science, ethics, law, cosmology and meteorology."

Max Muller, German Scholar: "If I were to look over the whole world to find out a country most richly endowed with all the wealth, power and beauty that nature can bestow in some part a very paradise on earth I should point to India."

"There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as the Upanishads." (Sacred Books of the East)

Romain Rolland, French Philosopher: If there is one place on the face of this Earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest day when man began the dream of existence, it is India.

Apollonius Tyanaeus, Ancient Greek Traveler: "In India, I found a race of mortals living upon the Earth, but not adhering to it, inhabiting cities, but not being fixed to them, possessing everything, but possessed by nothing."

Dr Arnold Toynbee, British Historian: It is already becoming clear that a chapter which had a Western beginning will have to have an Indian ending if it is not to end in the self-destruction of the human race. At this supremely dangerous moment in history, the only way of salvation for mankind is the Indian way.

Hu Shih (Former Chinese Ambassador to USA): "India conquered and dominated China for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across its border." (Bhavan Journal 15.05.1999)

Swami Vivekananda, Indian Philosopher: "Civilizations have arisen in other parts of the world. In ancient and modern times, wonderful ideas have been carried forward from one race to another...But mark you, my friends, it has been always with the blast of war trumpets and the march of embattled cohorts. Each idea had to be soaked in a deluge of blood..... Each word of power had to be followed by the groans of millions, by the wails of orphans, by the tears of widows. This, many other nations have taught; but India for thousands of years peacefully existed. Here activity prevailed when even Greece did not exist... Even earlier, when history has no record, and tradition dares not peer into the gloom of that intense past, even from until now, ideas after ideas have marched out from her, but every word has been spoken with a blessing behind it and peace before it. We, of all nations of the world, have never been a conquering race, and that blessing is on our head, and therefore we live....!"

Shri Aurovindo: "India of the ages is not dead nor has she spoken her last creative word; she lives and has still something to do for herself and the human peoples. And that which must seek now to awake is not anglicised oriental people, docile pupil of the West and doomed to repeat the cycle of the occident's success and failure, but still the ancient immemorable Shakti recovering her deepest self, lifting her head higher towards the supreme source of light and strength and turning to discover the complete meaning and a vaster form of her Dharma."

Sir William Jones, British Orientalist: "The Sanskrit language, whatever be its antiquity is of wonderful structure, more perfect than the Greek, more copious than the Latin and more exquisitely refined than either."

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 11:03

Edited by DemiSoda
Rajput View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2006 at 10:35

1) Golden Temple (Amritsar, Punjab) 

2)  Rajputs (Rajasthan)

Rajputs

3)  Marwari Horse (Battle Horse)

4)  Lake Palace (Udaipur, Rajasthan)

5) Bengal Tiger

Edited by Rajput
Hehe View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Hehe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2006 at 17:06
1. Indian Music. You either like it or you don't, personally, Indian music is unique and sounds nice to me. Especially "softer" songs by Lata Mangeshkar.

2. Indian Musical instruments.

3. Blue City:

Edited by Hehe - 02-Jun-2006 at 17:08
TURKOGLU_ View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote TURKOGLU_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 07:31
I like the pink city.

Edited by TURKOGLU_ - 03-Jun-2006 at 07:32
While in custody,Mr.Koksun Selim jumped out of a small window of a rest room on the 6th floor of Suwon Immigration Control Office last February 27 at around 4 a.m.
MigrantOK Phillipines 2006. 4 No.9
Greek Tragedy View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Greek Tragedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 11:35

oh I love India!

In no particuler Order.

1. the people, they make life look so fun to live.. they are smart.. and the young ones have great style from an early age and know how to fix themselfs up.

2. Bollywood.. Khan and Aishwarya and all the others, the music videos, movies and how colorful everything is.

3. food! hot hot hot hot hot, yum!

4. the culture, past and present, from the taj mahal to the diversity and the saris, jewelry, and indian women put makeup on the best!

5. hot people.. guys and girls.. also add i love how they both get married.. Ind/Pak weddings and wedding dresses look are the best!

Only thing I dont like is the lack of dark skinned people front and center. its like they put the lighter skinned beauties up in front and put darker in back. skin color issues? reminds me of Latin America. they both need to quit that. and thats it.

Edited by Greek Tragedy - 03-Jun-2006 at 11:54
Mughal e Azam View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2007 at 15:48
1. The Most Cultured, Sophisticated, and Deep (having much depth) Culture in the Universe. No joke. The weddings, the religions, the languages, the everything and anything that is Indian.

2. Food.

3. People. The Indian is a capable person and desirious of seeking knowledge. Unfortunately their damn polytickians are corrupt. Otherwise this growth we see today should have began in the early 70s.

Also, Indians tend to be moderate in all they do. Pakistanis tend to gourge on food, money, etc. Indians know moderate temperment. Pakistanis can consume like pigs.

4. The geography. All landscapes under the sun are available in the nation.

5. the Hot Indian girls (not the ugly ones)
Mughal e Azam
Crystall View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Crystall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2007 at 03:36
Bollywood

I am not sure I like the indian mangos though : /
Mughal e Azam View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 06:12
I love this Indian Movie Video.

very colorful

Edited by Mughaal - 27-Nov-2007 at 06:13
Mughal e Azam
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 19:15
Originally posted by Rajput

3)  Marwari Horse (Battle Horse)

more information about this horse and Indian/paksitani/afghan horse breeds in general is very welcome... Smile
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2012 at 21:35
Only 5 things? This is going to be difficult :/
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2012 at 09:57
1. The people

2. The food

3. The traffic

4. The music

5. The temples
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2012 at 19:20

1. Nehru suits

2. Cars like the Hindustan Ambassador

3. Chai tea

4. Tandoori

5. Oriental rugs
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2012 at 22:53
1. Legal Ganja
2. Tea that bites back
3. Thali
4. Hampi
5. Fresh Curds for beakfast
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2012 at 23:23
I'll pass on one but the rest work.
Add a good Gulab Jamun and Kalyani Black Label...and we ready. 
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2012 at 00:12
1. Music, classical, Shankar and chants in particular.

2. Food - I'm a bug sucker for a good curry /that makes a fantasy out of the most prosaic tater/, and other things, when I'm in a mood to cook. The recipes are quite requiring though, so I can't do it on daily basis, otherwise I won't have time to write this post.
http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/potato_curry_yogurt_gravy.jpg
3. Yoga - even though badly I'm out of shape.
http://www.yogafuture.com/index_files/yoga.jpg
4. Kamasutra and Khajurano - sacred sexuality
http://varanasikhajurahotour.com/images/img2.gif

5. Rabindranat Tagor
"Beggarly Heart"

When the heart is hard and parched up,
come upon me with a shower of mercy.

When grace is lost from life,
come with a burst of song.

When tumultuous work raises its din on all sides shutting me out from
beyond, come to me, my lord of silence, with thy peace and rest.

When my beggarly heart sits crouched, shut up in a corner,
break open the door, my king, and come with the ceremony of a king.

When desire blinds the mind with delusion and dust, O thou holy one,
thou wakeful, come with thy light and thy thunder.

6. I have to add one more, so saree and jewelry
http://fashionfash.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Traditional-Indian-Saree2-192x300.jpg

http://urfashions.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/lehanga-saree-bridal-indian.jpg

Edited by Don Quixote - 19-Apr-2012 at 00:14
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2012 at 21:28
Who's up for listing five other Indian things they like?
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2012 at 00:05
Elephants.
Tigers.
Great Rivers.
Great Mountains visible.
Rare and beautiful gem stones.

Next up.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 21-Apr-2012 at 00:08
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2012 at 02:20
5 more:
1. Architecture
http://www.crystalinks.com/india_architecture.jpg

2. Sculpture
http://handicraftsindia.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/metal-statues2.jpg

3. Pictures
indian paintings

4. Kabir Bedi
http://archivio.sorrisi.com/sorrisi/diretta/images/023001006376.jpg

5. Bengal tiger
http://images.hellokids.com/_uploads/_tiny_galerie/20100520/bengal-tiger-3_z2s.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>