Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

phrasal verbs decoded

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kvinchuca View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kvinchuca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: phrasal verbs decoded
    Posted: 11-Jan-2006 at 22:01

Phrasal verbs have for the great majority of students of English as a second language been a nightmare.
There are thousands of these paving stones of the spoken language which are a very common element in the everyday use of a native speakers language, yet they have defied both student and teacher alike in terms of understanding their tortured logic.
Within the next few days I will post a radical explanation and outline the discoveries recently made that offer a way to teach and learn phrasal verbs.
Our work has been a kind of archaeological expedition into uncharted territory, our findings are rather startling and are sure to come under criticism, derision, scepticism and more.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2006 at 03:47

I'm willing to see that rationlization but I agree they are a nightmare.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 07:00
That would be very useful and fun to interpret their origin. We can have entertaining debates
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply