Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turk Warriors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
thebluehorde View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote thebluehorde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turk Warriors
    Posted: 15-Dec-2006 at 21:36
The Turul appears in Emese's dream. Artwork: Gyula Lszl< name=hunmagyar>

A Hungarian legend tells the story of Emese, wife of gyek the descendant of Atilla, who once had a dream in which a Turul appeared to her. In this dream, a crystal-clear stream started to flow from her, and as it moved Westward, it grew into a mighty river. This dream represented her symbolic impregnation by the Turul, and meant that she would give birth to a line of great rulers. Emese later gave birth to lmos, who was the father of rpd, the great leader of the Magyars and founder of Hungary. This story reaffirms the Hun-Magyar kinship, and the knowledge that the Magyars reconquered Hungary as their rightful inheritance from Atilla's great Hun Empire.

Silver disks with the Turul, Hungary, 9th-10th c.< name=hunmagyar>

The Turul carrying the Sword of God< name=hunmagyar>

The great mythical Turul bird of prey is one of the most important symbols of the Hungarians. It represents their god's power and will. The Turul was seen as the ancestor of Atilla, and it was also the symbol of the Huns. The Hungarian Turul is often represented carrying the flaming Sword of God.

Gold vase detail illustrating the Turul legend (Hungary, 9th c. AD.< name=hunmagyar>

Copyright HUNMAGYAR.ORG

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2006 at 03:22
Does anyone know where I can find uniform(s) colors of 1500-1600 janissaries ? Also janissary flags from the same period?
 I would apreciate any link, photo.
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2006 at 14:34
Message Icon Topic: Turk Warriors

Turks fight good.  Good clip of Turk warriors:

From the epic Turkish film Kurtuluş.

Huncuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Huncuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2006 at 07:03
Originally posted by Hellios

Message Icon Topic: Turk Warriors

Turks fight good.  Good clip of Turk warriors:

From the epic Turkish film Kurtuluş.

Warriority of Steppes is very Natural.Because of the geography their origins tried to live.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 12:15
Thanks TurkogluWink/Teşekkrler Trkoğlu İyi İş ıkarmışsın
ayyildiz View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ayyildiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 11:39
ı need turk warriors pictures(old warriors-ottoman warriors) for a proje
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 11:43
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 12:11
Originally posted by ayyildiz

ı need turk warriors pictures(old warriors-ottoman warriors) for a proje

15 pages of Turk warriors in just this thread & you're asking for more?
(btw your IP is familiar)

Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 15:39
Originally posted by ArashArcher

back to some warriors pictures...

Tartars fight Turkish

Turkish banner under Tartar horse Excerpt%20-%20Painting%20by%20Jozef%20Brant%20-%20fight%20over%20Turkish%20banner

I'm pretty sure those are polish winged hussars on the picture.

Edited by Jagiello - 16-Apr-2007 at 15:47
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 15:49
Polish winged hussars you say, who where hussars then? They where tatars and called themselfs "uhlan".
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 16:04
Originally posted by DayI

Polish winged hussars you say, who where hussars then? They where tatars and called themselfs "uhlan".

Hussars had nothing to do with Tartars. Only that they fought against them. Polish Winged Hussars were Tartars??Confused They origin from Hungarian and Serbians so what You are saying is pure false. Winged Hussars were not like Tartars in any way. The only similarity is that both Tartars and Winged Hussars rode horses and some Hussars had bows but as to be Winged Hussars You had to be Polish or Lithuanian Nobel Tartars had rather small chanceBig%20smile.  
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 16:20
No they weren't tatars

But I think the Uhlans were if i'm not wrong
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 17:02
Originally posted by xi_tujue

No they weren't tatars

Uhlans are later than Winged Hussars. They are something like Hussars descendants. They fought with lance like Winged Hussars. They were Polish, Lithuanians and Tartars as well. Unlike Winged Hussars they originated from Tartars who settled in Poland and Great Duchy of Lithuania. Even in WWII there were in Polish army some Uhlan troops with Tartar's banners. Famous Uhlan trops e.g Vistula Uhlans who anihilated British Coulbourn's Brigade in battle of Albhuera. Kazimierz Pułaski - US hero was Uhlan etc.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 17:36
I am very interested in the Asiatic nomads, but there is absolutely nothing about them in any of my books or that I canfind on the net dend every thing u no to demonkangaroo12@gmail.com
Young Tatar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Young Tatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 15:26

Dear Friends,

I'm Crimean Tartar and I'm member of Giray Dynasty. My grandfather is Genghis Khan and Batu Khan and Hadji Giray Khan. Tartars are Turk. We are Powerful,Dignified and bold.Because,we are TURKS.
Trk Cumhuriyetleri Birliği bir gn kurulacaktır.
We found of Turkish Republics Union. certainly
"Independence and Freedom are my character."
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

-----------------------------
Crimean Tatar Independence Movement
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 19:12
Originally posted by Young Tatar

Dear Friends,

I'm Crimean Tartar and I'm member of Giray Dynasty. My grandfather is Genghis Khan and Batu Khan and Hadji Giray Khan. Tartars are Turk. We are Powerful,Dignified and bold.Because,we are TURKS.
Trk Cumhuriyetleri Birliği bir gn kurulacaktır.
We found of Turkish Republics Union. certainly

Nice introductionLOL. Welcome.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 08:45
Originally posted by Majkes

Originally posted by xi_tujue

No they weren't tatars

Uhlans are later than Winged Hussars. They are something like Hussars descendants. They fought with lance like Winged Hussars. They were Polish, Lithuanians and Tartars as well. Unlike Winged Hussars they originated from Tartars who settled in Poland and Great Duchy of Lithuania. Even in WWII there were in Polish army some Uhlan troops with Tartar's banners. Famous Uhlan trops e.g Vistula Uhlans who anihilated British Coulbourn's Brigade in battle of Albhuera. Kazimierz Pułaski - US hero was Uhlan etc.

oh i mixed up uhlans with hussars, sorry my mistake.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Young Tatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 09:17

Thank you majkes.

Thumbs%20UpWe are Turk,we are Muslim.

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 11:35

So aftet all can someone tell me what are polish winged hussars(although those on the picture don't cary wings) doing in this thread and why are they called tatars??!!LOL

Janissary
Janissary

Quote Young Tatar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2007 at 11:22

Because,

They weren't Turks.They were a Mongol. But,Crimean and Kazan Tatars are Turk.
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>