Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AEDip04: New Versailles Diplomacy game: Now Recruiting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AEDip04: New Versailles Diplomacy game: Now Recruiting
    Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 13:22
Rider: I first assign 1st choices. If two or more players want the same country as 1st then I flip a coin (or two if needed): one gets it and the others go to their second preference, unless it is already assigned. Etc.

You got your first preference in this case and in AEDip01 (can't say about 03). In AEDip01 we were lucky and all got their first choice, except Hugo that said he didn't care, in this case there's been some more competition but anyhow you got what you asked for. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2005 at 16:10
May I ask how I got the last country I wanted?!
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 03:02
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Put the blame on Cervantes (head of the 50 cents coin I used to decided conflicts): you lost the flip for the 1st choice (Germany) and then lost also for the 2nd choice (USSR)... there was only one country not allocated then and that was France. I'm truly sorry but I can't do otherwise.

Anyhow, while most GMs accept preferences, it must be noted that the original rules say that all countries should be allocated randomly: in RL, normally, you don't choose where you are born or what country you gain the rulership over.

In this life, you have come to be the President of France... doesn't sound that bad to me...

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 08:05

Originally posted by Maju

Originally posted by Thegeneral

In this life, you have come to be the President of France... doesn't sound that bad to me...

Exactly

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 15:44

Originally posted by Maju

I only pray I do not do as poorly as France really did.  That would suck!  And you know what, I am declaring myself the Holy Roman Emperor or the Holy Barbarian.  Its better than French President!

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2005 at 17:34
I don't know in this variant, but in Standard, France is maybe the most solid power. It has a good balanced position, at the same time open and protected. In this game, the fact that Spain is armed (minor power) may hinder its growth a little but Portugal at least seems a sure gain, while Belgium and Switzerland are open too.

Good luck anyhow.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2005 at 12:16

Well, France isn't hard to play it seems but you need a tougher nut anyways. I am sure you can handle it.

You just have to have SPain as your Minor.

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2005 at 08:18
Guys:

I'll be out the next days (till Thursday night probably), so the start of the new game will be delayed.

I have also lost track of Magua but I guess it's due to the weekend. He almost finished his training already. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
magua View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote magua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2005 at 13:50

Hello All,

I will take Italy back its old times .  Caesar would be the happiest dead man ever when he sees his grandsons conquering all over Europe Again.

caesar.gif - 7123 Bytes

Gaius Julius Caesar was born on 12 July 100 BC in Rome, son of Gaius Caesar and Aurelia. Governor of Gaul 58-49 BC. Appointed dictator for ten years in 47 B, for life on 14 February 44 BC. Married initially to Cornelia (one daughter, Julia), then to Pompeia, alas to Calpurnia. Assassinated on 15 March 44 BC. Deified in 42 BC.

Just wanted to warm up for the game  ...

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2005 at 14:51

Do it slowly,Magua

You know Rome was never able to defeat the German barbarians

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
magua View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote magua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2005 at 15:14

Year Place Winners (Commander) Losers (Commander)

58 BC Plain of Alsace Romans (G.Julius Caesar) Germans (Ariovistus)

AD 16 Idistaviso Romans (G. Claudius Drusus Germanicus) Germans (Arminius)

These battles are the examples from the history that romans beat germans...

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2005 at 00:38
Well, heard anything of the mighty and powerful Polish tribes that were so savage that they crushed the Teutonic Order, kapikulu??
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 05:02

Hmm, heard anything about Prussians cooperating with Austrians and Russians to share the Polish empire in 18th century, rider?

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2005 at 06:12
Prussia was Swedish ally.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2005 at 12:25
Hi, I will now announce the new game. I know Christmas time doesnt seem the best moment to start but nobody put problems when asked. I will give till friday for the initial diplomacy and the first Influence Action ("vote") on minor powers. This season will be Winter 1928.

It will all be in a new topic.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12