Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic Hats

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which is your favourate Islamic hat?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [14.29%]
4 [19.05%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [9.52%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [14.29%]
2 [9.52%]
7 [33.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic Hats
    Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 10:11
Originally posted by Maziar

Lori or Bakhtiari hats have a long history, lori hats look like Sassanids one, maybe they came from there. But they are not islamic.

There is no such thing as an Islamic hat, only hats worn by people who are muslim and Lors are muslim. And I don't think it is from Sassanid times, it is more likely from Safavid times.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 10:47
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Is that a picture of Rayhan, the Islamic nasheed group?

I like those hats, they look very similar to the fez. Although these hats would be more acceptable in modern society, then the fez.

Are they also wearing traditional Malay costume, mashaallah looks very stylish

Wow.. u know about raihan the nasyid group? tht's cool.. they are my fav group among the others which are in nasyid scene .. their nasyid is in contemporary music style.. but this pic is not them Osmanli.. some other group... unfortunately cant recall their name..

Normally, raihan group like to use.. topi as their hat... and sometimes songkok

please visit their web: http://www.raihan.com.my

Sorry.. cant enlarge the pic...

Thanks for the compliment... yes you are right... they look so smart and handsome... in full suit... normally for wedding. when akad time.. the guy will wear fulll suit baju melayu...

Edited by cahaya
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 15:03
Originally posted by Zagros

Lori or Bakhtiari hats have a long history, lori hats look like Sassanids one, maybe they came from there. But they are not islamic.

There is no such thing as an Islamic hat, only hats worn by people who are muslim and Lors are muslim. And I don't think it is from Sassanid times, it is more likely from Safavid times.

Zagros Dorood

Pleas look at these pics. Not only the hats, but also the dresses looks very similiar to bakhtiari/lori people of today.

This is in my opinion. If you think i am wrong, so please help to increase my knowledg. Becouse i know little about iranian history.

Thank you 

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 04:45

Have any of you noticed how Kurdish sepratists are using the Shemagh as a political symbol?

These sepratists are wearing the black and white Shemagh as oppose to red and white (national colours of the Turkish republic), to show their opposition to the republic. Have any of you heard of this before?

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 16:09

Originally posted by Zagros

Zagros Dorood

Pleas look at these pics. Not only the hats, but also the dresses looks very similiar to bakhtiari/lori people of today.

This is in my opinion. If you think i am wrong, so please help to increase my knowledg. Becouse i know little about iranian history.

Thank you 

Yes, it seems that they actually have a deeper root than even Sassanian times,  DFront kindly pointed out that the reliefs at Persepolis of Medians show similar hats.

One thing I am sure of though, the colour became black as standard in Safavid times when everyone was converted to Shi'ism.  The Kurds in Ilam (Fayl branchi) had all of their traditional dresses changed to black at this time too, I am only glad that the Kurds to the North remained Sunni otherwise all Kurdish dresses would be BLACK instead of the bright colours.

I don't think any of the headgears here are rotted in Islam, it is just headgear worn by muslims, and Lors are surely quite traditional muslims.

Edited by Zagros
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2013 at 09:40
Fez, Fez and Fez

Edited by Ollios - 26-Oct-2013 at 09:41
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2013 at 03:21
cmon ! seriously  ?? i thought you like turkmen hate more than any others LOL!!!  you should try it ! Wink

Edited by yomud - 07-Nov-2013 at 03:23
yomud are free people
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2013 at 14:02
Originally posted by yomud

cmon ! seriously  ?? i thought you like turkmen hate more than any others LOL!!!  you should try it ! Wink

It looks like Russian and communistic so it won't have nice effect on people in Turkey
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2013 at 19:02
Originally posted by Ollios

Originally posted by yomud

It looks like Russian and communistic so it won't have nice effect on people in Turkey
WHATOuch . RUSSIAN Angry?  THEY ARE NOT EVEY CLOSE ! Confused
yomud are free people
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12