Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cities with Greek heritage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cities with Greek heritage
    Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 16:18
Which Greek city is your favorite? Feel free to choose from cities within Greece or cities where Greeks played a role. Be sure to share why!

My favorite is Fira - "the modern capital of the Greek aegean island Santorini. "Fir", actually, is a different pronounciation of "Thira", the ancient name of the island itself".

I like Fira best because of the contrast of the white buildings and the bleak, towering surroundings.
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Cyprus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Cyprus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2005 at 09:54
My favourite is Trapezunt. It was the last capital city of any greek empire...

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2013 at 05:17
I am living in Istanbul and I think it is not necessary to talk about its greek heritage, it has already known and there are also a lot of sources about it. That's why, I am passing Istanbul. 

Balıkesir, it is also centrum of Balıkesir Province(green area)

I have found it in the wall of muslim tomb (Türbe-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%BCrbe)

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
 Post Reply Post Reply