Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AB - A New Project of AE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Travis Congleton View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Travis Congleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB - A New Project of AE
    Posted: 07-Dec-2005 at 06:22

Cyrus Shahmiri: "Travis Congleton, Do you see any error messages when you want to add a battle?!"

=============================

Yes.  My first battle that I did was Megiddo (how appropriate).  After I typed everything and pressed the 'ENTER' button, it timed out on me (indicating it couldn't find the server).

You are going to have to use a HUGE map (something like Google Earth would be cool ---  

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2005 at 13:32
I would suggest to edit the first post to include every edit and new link there.
Quetzalcoatl View Drop Down
General
General

Suspended

Quote Quetzalcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2006 at 17:44

Why not do the project for AE too? Creating a battle database--sorted in chronological order--that everyone can use as reference. I'm planning to read about the Battle of Malplaquet.

If each member can contribute 2 or 3 battle from his country, the database can be really large and extensive plus it will evolve with time.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 19:21
finally i had the mood to add a couple of battles but the system gave me error messages for most napoleonic battles i wanted to add, but maybe that was just coincidence...i also have trouble with the size of the map, i can't add mcuh battles that were close to other battles, for example Aspern/Essling is very close to Wagram fro example.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2006 at 13:14

Maybe, the system would work for AE but could we perhaps have an intregated map, just like a flash program inside the page with all the menus and stuff. I believe that Cyrus' opinion is needed most because he is the crreator of the idea if you were thinking of a map.

Just a database has little point but it could be done. I support all databases: but first of all, a database of Wars is needed and then battles added.

Pezhetairoi View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Pezhetairoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2006 at 04:27

Is this still in progress? I would like to add some battles but all there is is a main page with no further pages it seems

Edited by Pezhetairoi
Hannibal Barca View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Hannibal Barca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 15:52
I can add some Civil War battles to the map.
"In the absence of orders go find something and kill it!"

-Field MArshall Erwin Rommel
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2006 at 21:57
Hi,
Nice project, but I tried to add something and it is completly impossible
to find were to do so... Advices?
Bye.
I am a free donkey!
TEMPLARIO View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote TEMPLARIO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 12:08
Hello,
I would like to participate in the AE project, but I dont know how to do it, can you help me?

Amparo
"Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomini Tuo Da Gloriam"
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 01:07
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

If you want to add a battle, please use this link: http://www.allbattles.com/battles/

Cyrus' post from the previous page. There is where you can contribute.

Rider
RedBaron View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote RedBaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2006 at 14:25
http://www.lbdb.com/, Thats a website that sounds like where your headed. Im not trying to discourage you as i think it is a very good idea but you could steal things from that websiteBig smile
"the most dangerous moment comes with victory"
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2006 at 01:19
Good mapping.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2006 at 15:00
Good link that you have there, I will post it at the Portal Project.

On other notes, I don't know if this info is confidential, but discussions have been begun between four members (names classified) on the future of this project.
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 09:11
When will All Battles be up and running again?
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 14:03
As of now, we have made a new decision. In due time (less than a week, I suppose) we will have the Official Project forum running.

And the old one is running too.

Anyone that wants to help, please pm or email me. Thanks,
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 02:41
The main site is not working.
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2007 at 12:45
What exactly are you talking about here, Kapikulu?
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2007 at 18:37
he means that if you went to the first page of this thread, where Cyrus posted the link for his project, and clicked on it. You will get this:
Error #1500

The page you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again.

If you are the owner of the site and you feel you are seeing this page in error,
email
Support@Brinkster.com.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2007 at 12:30
hmmh. Perhaps that page is no more?
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2008 at 17:31
Originally posted by rider

hmmh. Perhaps that page is no more?

Yeah whatever happened to AB?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>