Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your childhood historical heroes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your childhood historical heroes
    Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 18:47
     Hercules. Used to watch the sitcom with Kevin Sorbo all the time as a kid. Thats before Spider-man, X-men and Batman took over.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 19:02
I always dreamed that I would emerge as the supreme leader of the united world... and expand to the space colonies...LOL So, technically, I thought that I was a hero... (No, I am not going to replace Hitler.Dead)

But realistically, I always thought that whoever invented sugar would be my hero. You can imagine a five year old kid asking his father, 'Dad, who invented this wonderful drug?" To my great dismay, I only found out that it was probably ancient Egyptians 3,500 years ago.

Although the Aztecs made a concoction they called chocolatl.

I also thank Venetians, when they began importing sugar to sweeten their confections in about 14th century. 

Join us.
Slick View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Slick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 20:16
Originally posted by Dilvish

My hero was Hitler, i was always intrigued by the sheer shadow of his moral and strictness, but i would never support his purposes for the German Kind.

I don't blame you. Hitler, and many people in the service of the Nazis (Rommel, etc.), were geniuses. The blitzkrieg tactic and the Nazi's military might was pretty impressive. Looking past Hitler's negative qualities, I admire some of his characteristics too.

"The best defense is a good offense," is something that Hitler said in Mein Kampfh, I think, and it can also be pretty decent strategic advice.
"Dai Ichi Dai Man Dai Kichi"
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 04:32
the mine was Napoleon Bonaparte
Scorpian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Scorpian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 05:07
   ErmErmm
      I take Asterix the Gaul, Sinbad the Sailor and Vicky the Viking don't count.
     Seems the historical characters I related to as a child were the peeps I learned about in primary school; William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. Though first and foremost I'd have to pick Somerled. (Asterix,Sinbad and Vicky Viking rolled into one)Wink

Edited by Scorpian - 28-Jan-2007 at 06:42
Scorpian
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 05:08
When a child, I must have had an evil bone, because when reading Dumas I could not cease to think "Wow, this Richelieu guy is awsome! He gets away with everything."

Then later, when I got to know of the REAL Richelieu, I was even more impressed. He still remains one of my historical idols.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 18:15
Originally posted by Frederick Roger

When a child, I must have had an evil bone, because when reading Dumas I could not cease to think "Wow, this Richelieu guy is awsome! He gets away with everything."

Then later, when I got to know of the REAL Richelieu, I was even more impressed. He still remains one of my historical idols.

Join the dark side, we have the chocolate cookies~LOL

Join us.
west49ur View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote west49ur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 20:11
My histroical hero is Mansa musa fromt he Mali Empire becasue he accomplished so much in such little tim without revolt from his people
Denis View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Denis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 07:54
Asterix and Obelisk. And they were fictional.
"Death belongs to God alone. By what right do men touch that unknown thing"

Victor Hugo
Scorpian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Scorpian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 07:57
lol
           yeh!LOL
Scorpian
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 08:01

Koroglu - dont ask who he was, it is too long to explain

History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
LeSota View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote LeSota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 17:43

Mine mostly was John Wayne (so cleeshay). Interest in history started around 6th grade learning about the early Minnesota Voyageurs that braved new lands to develop a fur trade market which later spurred studys into Lewis and Clark. Also Been playing Age of Empires very regurarly since it came out and loved the Mongolian campaigns, as Im usually the Mongols civ. Found Genghis Khan or Temujin fascinating.

Edited by LeSota - 29-Jan-2007 at 17:44
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 19:27
Originally posted by Kerimoglu

who was he?, and yes i asked.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2007 at 20:31

Me too, I never heard of such name in my life.Big%20smile

Join us.
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 23:56
Originally posted by pekau

I always dreamed that I would emerge as the supreme leader of the united world... and expand to the space colonies...LOL So, technically, I thought that I was a hero... (No, I am not going to replace Hitler.Dead)

But realistically, I always thought that whoever invented sugar would be my hero. You can imagine a five year old kid asking his father, 'Dad, who invented this wonderful drug?" To my great dismay, I only found out that it was probably ancient Egyptians 3,500 years ago.

Although the Aztecs made a concoction they called chocolatl.

I also thank Venetians, when they began importing sugar to sweeten their confections in about 14th century. 

we all want to be ruler of the world..someday...
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 23:57
Originally posted by Dilvish

Originally posted by Kerimoglu

who was he?, and yes i asked.
grr, i still want an answer...
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 06:43
A Team and McGyver.

But from historical persons - Richard Lionhearth, Gustav Adolf, Duke Jacob of Curlandia.
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 07:36
Man, i was a children

David the gnome

Historical idols yes i had, althought slightly behind of David, Robin Hood and Ruy (kid Cid)

LOOLL this have political message LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVYSJoyBRxY&mode=related&search=

Edited by Ikki - 01-Feb-2007 at 08:25
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 14:38

Rostam legendary Persian hero.Smile

Anfører
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 06:41

Cuchulainn- fictional (ish) Irish hero who fought an army on his own in The Battle Of The Boyne, killed a notorious Irish Wolfhound by hitting a sliotar (Hurling Ball) into his mouth from about 100metres. Great Stuff. Also could walk through a forest without cracking a single twig.

Edited by Dolphin - 08-Feb-2007 at 06:41
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>