Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good Night, and Good Luck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Online Status: Offline
  Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Night, and Good Luck
    Posted: 01-Nov-2005 at 23:33

I recently saw the film Good Night, and Good Luck, and, frankly, have nothing but praise for it.  For anyone remotely interested in politics, journalism, and current events, I have three words: "GO SEE IT!"

The movie reminds me of a well written, close knit essay, with no loose ends, no random points, and no unrelated material.  Filming in black and white also ties in perfectly with the sense of time, and runs smoothly with the ample footage of McCarthy.  For all of you who are tired of Hollywood mainstream movies where serious topics always become derailed by sex, violence, and unsophisitcated ideas, this is your chance to see something different, something worthwhile.

For those of you who have seen the movie, I am eager to hear your reviews, as well as your commentary on politics, journalism, the media, and how the movie may tie in to the events in the current stands.

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2005 at 01:07
I see your intent on discussing the political air of the movie but it still belongs in the A&L forum or Tavern.
 Post Reply Post Reply