Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Total Quiz XI* Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Total Quiz XI* Part 2
    Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 16:17
I don't think that there's going to be a second round, since all the questions have been answered by at least one person.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 16:22
Good job Decebal, you have the lead!
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 17:21
On Question 8, I've decided to accept an alternative answer different from what I had intended, due to ambiguity in the question. 
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 21:07

Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

hmmm... I suppose some hours more when it's night onyour side of the world . . . or do you just  need to sleep four hours? I certainly need more!
BTW,  am I half-asleep (it's late evening here) or is the link to the scores missing?

oh Its just that scores won't be updated continuously, so that people near my time zone would have an advantage.

I'm sure I prefered it the other way even when the moderator(stry and TJK) where on the other side of the planet from me particulairly when the mod forgets to update ....

Edited by Dawn
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 21:31
Scores have been updated, albeit a little late but I will update it again before I sleep tonight. 
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2005 at 23:07

Richard Niehart... is that you Paul?

I have the feeling that Dawn is once again going to squeeze by me on the basis of the bonus points and win the quiz. Oh well, at least I'm giving her a good challenge.

Napoleon Bonaparte

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 00:06
Richard Niehart= Paul  .... say it isn't so ..... I thought we had someone new 
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 04:44

Richard Niehart hmm

Don't underestimate poirot Decebal, we might be tied for second after Dawn   Dawn amazes me with her ability at Total Quiz.  I think she deserves to win   She is the only person (so far) to answer #11.  And that question (if it must be answered without external resources) is one that even a historian has to think twice about.

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 10:26

I want my score please help me to find it. 

Edited by Ahmed The Fighter
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 10:36
Ahmed the scores are at the begining of this thread , your name is not there. When did you last submit answers? if it was less than two hours ago they will not appear untill II updates in a few hours. if it was more than 2 hrs ago you have not got correct answers and need to try again. 
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 11:17
Yep, the scores have to be updated by humans so it depends on when I have time.

I'll try to update the scores again at 2:30 (one hour before the end of the quiz), but that is not guarenteeed since I'm away from home at that time and may not be able to find a computer.
Heraclius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Heraclius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 11:34
 Damn i'm finished on this quiz, just cant find answers to the 3 I havent got  and it all started so well .

Edited by Heraclius
A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 11:59
Ummm II you shouldn't give more poirot more than one point for a question in round one even if he does want to win.... everyone else will want it to then
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 13:49
*clears throat.  Imperator I really appreciate your generoristiy, but I must insist that I get the full 1 point for number 8, rather than the 1.5.    I think it must be a typo. 
AAAAAAAAAA

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 14:16
OK,but should  I answer all questions? I think I left two unanswered questions.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 14:31

Well, I don't believe you can d oit again...

or else I will kill myself.

Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 14:36
You can submit as many times as you want until you get the correct answer (but I will only consider the most recent of your answers each time I check scores).

1 hour remaining!
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 15:51
That's it. TQ is over.

Scores with bonuses* have been posted. Stay tuned for the answers to the questions and the final concluding "ceremony" once all the results have been confirmed. It looks like Dawn has won this one, but it was pretty close, as you can see.

I hope everyone had fun playing TQ!

*Bonus points are based on the percentage of correctly answered questions, excluding those submitted by the participant.

Edited by Imperator Invictus
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 15:58

Wow, that was close. Congratulations Dawn. I still don't know how you got Question 11. I ended up looking at several complete lists of Chinese emperors with their surnames and went through them one by one, and still didn't get the answer...

II, I might end up pm'ing you next time I submit questions. I had submitted about 5 or 6, and apparently you didn't get any of them.

Napoleon Bonaparte

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2005 at 16:00

II, I also made question 4, you have not added the bonuses to that one!

Edited by poirot
AAAAAAAAAA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>