Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alans???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alans???
    Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 13:53
My family is from Erzurum-Horasan and there is a village called "Ardos" there. Probably it was a former Armenian village...
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Anbalan View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Anbalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 14:54

Originally posted by kotumeyil

My family is from Erzurum-Horasan and there is a village called "Ardos" there. Probably it was a former Armenian village...

It might be.  I have not found enough descriptive information where the Alans settled. It could be somewhere in modern Turkey, Armenia or northern Iran. There is also information about other group of Alans who were hired by Vizantia to fight Turks in Erzurum area in about 14 BC.  

tadamson View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tadamson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 05:52
Lots of Alans settled in Brittany (NW France).

There are so many groups of Alans in the historical record that some scholars feel it necessary to point out that the links betwee the various groups are often very tenuous.
rgds.

Tom..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345