Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Repairing the damage done by Russians against Turks?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repairing the damage done by Russians against Turks?
    Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 07:08

I do not see a.... [/sarcasm]...... or sth else that indicates it was sarcasm.Do you?

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 08:53
Originally posted by Spartakus

I do not see a.... [/sarcasm]...... or sth else that indicates it was sarcasm.Do you?

Yes Spartakus I do.But the explanation would take about 500 words.Let's agree that we have different ways of looking at things.

Jai Badri Vishal
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 08:56

Most of Crimean Tatar population had been deported to Siberia by Stalin, like many other people of other descents in the other regions.Like the Ukrainians, who had been forced into famine in 1930s.

I believe, all these make Stalin the worst dictator of the century before, even causing more deaths than Hitler, possibly..

Russians had given damage to many tribes everywhere, including the Turks. Both in Czar's time and Bolshevik control...In 1920s, Russians were the ones invading the Turkish khanates in Turkistan, Khive, Hokand and Bukhara and also ruthlessly suppressing the people who fought against it.

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 10:02
I believe, all these make Stalin the worst dictator of the century before, even causing more deaths than Hitler, possibly...

The ammount of the deaths caused by Stalin is still disputed. In any case he ruled for much long than Hitler did and Hitler clearly beat Stalin in intensity, even in spite that the Soviet Union was about 4 times Germany in population. Highest estimates for Stalinist crimes don't ever reach but a fraction of what the Nazis were doing at the same time.

Said that, Stalin is without doubt one of the worst criminals of Modern history.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 14:24
Without doubt.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 15:53

Originally posted by Maju

I believe, all these make Stalin the worst dictator of the century before, even causing more deaths than Hitler, possibly...

The ammount of the deaths caused by Stalin is still disputed. In any case he ruled for much long than Hitler did and Hitler clearly beat Stalin in intensity, even in spite that the Soviet Union was about 4 times Germany in population. Highest estimates for Stalinist crimes don't ever reach but a fraction of what the Nazis were doing at the same time.

Said that, Stalin is without doubt one of the worst criminals of Modern history.

A good one for Mosquito to hear.

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2006 at 16:52

Stalin's Crimes according to BBC:

Caucasus

Stalin deported about a dozen entire nationalities from western regions of the USSR to Central Asia between 1941 and 1944
He accused most of these 1.4 million people of collaboration with the invading Nazi army
About 387,000 Chechens and 91,000 Ingush were deported on 23 February 1944 and the next few days
The deportations were a taboo subject until Stalin's successor, Nikita Khrushchev, condemned them in 1956
Chechen and Ingush survivors were allowed to return home in 1957
Their exile left deep scars which helped fuel separatism in the 1990s

Ukraine

Millions of Ukrainians starved to death in 1932-33 as USSR leader Joseph Stalin stripped them of their produce in a forced farm collectivisation campaign.
Called Holodomor in Ukrainian - meaning murder by hunger
About a quarter of Ukraine's population wiped out
Seven to 10 million people thought to have died
Children disappeared; cannibalism became widespread

Crimea

Fifty-eight years ago, more than 200,000 Tatars, Armenians, Greeks and Bulgarians were sent from Crimea to Siberia and Central Asia in just two days, on the orders of Soviet leader Josef Stalin following accusations of collaboration with Nazi Germany.

Prussia

Representatives of the ethnic German minority in Russia are meeting in Moscow on the 60th anniversary of the Soviet deportation of more than one million Germans to Siberia and central Asia during the World War II.

Edited by bg_turk
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote R_AK47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 12:40
I don't think Russia should repair any of this "damage" that is said to have been done.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 15:53
^^ I agree. Using this logic, the accusers themselves would also have to undo many things.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 22:52

Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

^^ I agree. Using this logic, the accusers themselves would also have to undo many things.

BBC?

we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 23:59

Originally posted by R_AK47

I don't think Russia should repair any of this "damage" that is said to have been done.

Russia cannot repair the "damage" that has been done.Last I heard Jesus had't been reborn {if he has been, kindly let me know....n also if he's starting performing miracles again} ,atleast not in Russia.

It's time to move on.In which direction.....let's discuss that.

Jai Badri Vishal
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 23:03
Originally posted by Jhangora

Originally posted by R_AK47

Russia cannot repair the "damage" that has been done.Last I heard Jesus had't been reborn {if he has been, kindly let me know....n also if he's starting performing miracles again} ,atleast not in Russia.

It's time to move on.In which direction.....let's discuss that.

R_AK47's comment was really irrelevant there..Anyway, moderation had intervened on this.After all, Stalin's crimes couldn't be appropriated at whole Russian nation.

Anyway..It is known fact that many intellectuals in Stalin era opposing Stalin regime had been sent to exile at Gulag Archipelago.Anybody have interesting information about those people?

we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Attila2 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Attila2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 20:47

Its a brief fact that commies made the turkic peoples suffer greatly,more than the imperial russia did.But its over  now,hopefully.

Though the scars still remain

I think all the turkic republics should form a kind of federation

They will suffer from economy very much at the beginning but in the long term they will surely flourish

heyamigos View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote heyamigos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2012 at 20:32
I feel for the Tatar people, but if you read the history, prior to the Crimean War, they often raided Russian, Ukrainian, Polish and Lithuanian villages and took back numerous slaves with them to the steppes.  From there, they would be sold at the markets in Crimea and on to Turkey and rest of Middle East.  The Russian appetite for savagery and conquest was an evolutionary response to their own history.
Delenda est Roma View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote Delenda est Roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2012 at 20:41
Who hasn't tried to conquer other nations if they could?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12