Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the Balcan wars!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the Balcan wars!!!!!!
    Posted: 04-Nov-2004 at 19:29
Woa.. didn't see this reply.  No I travel around.  But I get back to Bulgaria every once in a while.  Currently I am in the USA.

Oh by the way, we were defending from Greek agression .

What about you Yiannis, live in Greece?

Edited by Kubrat
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2004 at 00:52

I hate turkish views on this subject. I agree with the bulgarian( sry im too lazy to scroll up and look at your name), many greeks who lived in anatola were converted or just added to the turkish empire. Much of the Turkish population is Turkisized Hellenes as you might say. There was much tourmoil during the 1800's asnd early 1900's in the balkan, but at least we all went against a common foe, everyone wanted the Ottomans OUT

Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 04:31

Hi Kurbat,

Yes I live in Greece altough I'm currently abroad on an international assignment. So I'll be located in Tehran, keeping company to our friend Cyrus for a few months!

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 05:48
Well, will these talks lead up to the present day status of the Balcans and the reason why the Bosnians hate the Serbs and the Macedonians hate the Albanians. Is it all because of bloody history that has been and will be never ending?
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 06:56
Originally posted by Christscrusader

sry im too lazy to scroll up and look at your name
Is it really possible for a person to be that lazy?
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2004 at 16:24
eh well, i guess..
-Jc
Romano Nero View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Romano Nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 10:07

I think this whole "Balkan are so nationalistic" issue is probably overblown. Gradually, even the Greek-Turkish vendetta seems to become less and less of a problem, for people coming together (read: do business together).

Greek businesemen are investing heavily in Turkey or act as frontmen for German, French and Italian moguls who are investing in Turkey.

Bulgarian and Turks are building joing ventures and invest in both countries.

The "Macedonians" waved Greek flags while celebrating the recognition of their country by USA with the chosen name.  You see, 46% of the foreign capital invested in that little country comes from EU-neighbor Greece.

Serbs and Croats are forming joint ventures to explore the opportunities of rebuilding the country.

Money makes the world go round, hmmm?

Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 19:36

mmmhmm

-Jc
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 20:40
The "Macedonians" waved Greek flags while celebrating the recognition of their country by USA with the chosen name.  You see, 46% of the foreign capital invested in that little country comes from EU-neighbor Greece.

Macedonia would have collapsed already if Greece had not supported it financially.  Kind of ironic that the Greeks are the ones who have been Macedonia's saviours.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2004 at 20:46

interesting.

-Jc
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 17:52

note to Ihsan-Padishah,

actually, Islam allows a Muslim man to marry a Christian or Jewish woman, but not for a Muslim woman to marry a Christian or Jewish man. Another thing, when the Ottoman Turks seized Constantinople they took many Serbian and Greek concubines and wives, "At the sultan's court, Christian women were prominent in the harem; thus many Ottoman princes had Greek or Serbian mothers,"(441). So there was a lot of mixing between Europeans and Turks.

Taken from The Making of the West: People and Cultures Volume I: to 1740. Bedford/St. Martin's, Boston-New York. Chapter 11, Page 441, second paragraph.

Syriani

Edited by Syriani
Gorgi Makedonski View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Gorgi Makedonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 13:29

mhm, i dont know why the balkan nations hate eachother...

do we hate eachother? i dont hate anyone

it is another thing if someone come to rape your wife/doughter & burn your house, than that some1 can be considered as enemy, but my country (Macedonia) was ocupied & plundered by many west-european armies as well

not listening  what have the other to say?

pulling only on "own side"?

for example:

- why & how can people who have never been in some land talk about that land? about that leople?

the comments of the Kubrat concidering Macedonia are not speaking the reality... only "soft" Bulgarian Nacionalists version.

Greek invesments in Macedonia are welcomed, like all other, but THOSE who are made till now only made the economic situation worst!

& pls, get off insults like "Macedonians" ... im Makedonec - Macedonian, no  > " <  needed, you know what i mean?

advice: traveling to Macedonia is not dangerous & can  result in getting better view.

ppl are very friendly to visitors, NO METTER THE RELIGION OR NATION

just dont try to convince them that they are something else

back to topic:

so, if we talk  from Balkan Wars, maybe the Macedonians have the most to say... we lost many hunderts of thousands of ppl in those wars, & most of them were fought on our soil.

The Balkan Wars were (oficialy) 1912 - 1913, & were fought against the Turkish Empire to set the Balkan land free from Turkish Ocupation.

Macedonians fought  & died in bulgarian &  greek uniforms,  also self organized...

After the end of the wars, it was "shared" between Greece, Bulgaria & Serbia.

I breath Oxygen - you?
MegaloIdea View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote MegaloIdea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 13:57

Dis topic sholdun't be calld d balkain wars.

I shold be called "d holy quest............"

Drive them back to asia!
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 15:49

Originally posted by Gorgi Makedonski

the comments of the Kubrat concidering Macedonia are not speaking the reality... only "soft" Bulgarian Nacionalists version.

Then what kind of language are you speaking?

Everybody listen only this which understands.
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Gorgi Makedonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 16:15

Makedonski - Macedonian - the language of my both grandfathers & their grandfathers

One side mixure Ohrid - Egejska Makedonija, Other mixure Mariovo - Solun ancestors / roots

The Father of my Mother was Macedonian "Daskal" (teacher) in Ohrid before, short during & short after the second world war,  before the communist "retired" him as "anti-komunist" or something...

My other Granpa was normal farmer

both speaked with the same language

nowadays...

using "modern" grammar from Blaze Koneski, written under the "instructions" of the YU politbiro, BUT only by following the logic of Karadjichs "write as you speak, read as you write"

with throwing out few of the Letters from the "Kirilica", it was just addapted to the ento-geo-political situation of that time.

Some ppl concider it as "evolution", same talk against it, but every Language is having his changes, & its good so

I hope that the whole Mankind will understand eachother 1 day, my friend ;o)

Edited by Gorgi Makedonski
I breath Oxygen - you?
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 16:32

Well and your grandfather thinks that you are speaking of Macedonian...? ( j)

I don't know what to say....sorry....

Anyway don't what to argue with you about "the origin of macedonians"...let live in pece

Edited by tzar
Everybody listen only this which understands.
Thracian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Thracian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 18:59
Originally posted by Romano Nero

Bulgarian and Turks are building joing ventures and invest in both countries.

i am sory to ask but where exactly did u see this?

drgonzaga View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

banned

Quote drgonzaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 20:27

The map and the abstraction that so befuddled the leadership at Versailles back in 1919! But, first let us get 'nationalist' myths out of the way--of which many have surfaced in these posts.

Romania, as with much of the Balkan map of today is a fabrication of the 19th century and a direct result of the disintegration of the Ottoman state during the course of the 19th century. It was a step-by-step process, but an understanding of even Ottoman history is required, for the political roots of Turkey are in Europe and not Asia. Before Turkish power spread into the old Islamic regions of the Meditterranean, the Turks had consolidated their military power in Europe itself, and from there spread eastward and south. Some of the 'historic' names persist such as 'Rumelia' [a Turkish descriptive]--as distinct from the old Seljuk appellative: Rum.

But, I am moving from the topic. Political consciousness in the Balkans is a relatively modern phenomenon. It has no consistent or persistent link into the past beyond a hazy 'ethnic' memory. Thus you have the connections to Dacians, Illyrians, Classical Greece and so on and so forth. In many ways, the Great Powers of Europe in the 19th century did much of the mucking up in 1878-79, and repeated the exercise in 1919-1920. But the various emerging 'states' in the region also bear part of the responsibility. Whether you want to discuss the myth of Pan-slavism or the idea that Athens is the inheritor of the Periclean state [or of Alexander of that matter] forms an integral part of today's problems. The hissy fit over Macedonia is no less emblematic of the disease than Serbia's insistence that it is the inheritor of Dushan. The educational systems of these various states perpetuate the problem! In a sense none of these states are actually at a level of maturity for entry into Europe without first coming to grips with these peculiarist trends when they approach history.

I sometimes wonder what a true DNA test of the populations would reveal!

Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Gorgi Makedonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 13:29

The Balkan Nations are ALL mixed maybe is better to say that most of the present world nations have roots in more than 1 etnic group...

all the Balkan nationalists are trying to "proove" the purity & the "glory" of their own nations, but if we take look on the know history, on the uncounted conflicts that happened there in the last few thousand years, all the migrations & all the destruction, HOW CAN someone be sure that he dont have blood of his "enemies" in his own venes?

I am very aware of the fact that some of my ancestors could be greek, ilir, tatar, thrakian, or any asian or african origin, if we look longterm,

or any slavic, tatar (concidering the tatar tribes that migrated to parts of today Bulgaria), turkish, or i dunno what origin if we look in the last 10 centuries.

But the Logic & the facts are saying the following:

- no metter who when where invated or who tooked power in different Empires / Countries, the population was changing the religion or uniforms, was receiving a part of the culture of those who came, but also kept a big part of his own culture / traditions, couse those who were coming were always LESS then those who already lived there.

We can call it "fusion" of 2 cultures, where in most of the cases the newformed nation or culture had more specifications from the natives / those who where there before.

We have written chronics how the ancient nations were formed (meaning the unification of the greek tribes south of olimp, the unificition of the tribes of the linkestides & other tribes into Macedonians, the ilirian tribes, the thrakians & etc.)

All later happenings were just continium of mixing the cultures & nations, sometimes with good will, sometimes with violence

- all tries to do genocid over one nation / religious or political grupation that happened in the history, & are recognized as such, had ended without success. 

- You can not destroy one etnicum / nation

- You can kill millions of them (happened several times in the history), but you can not kill to the last 1.

In the case of the Bulgarians, no metter of  all the Wars & geo-political-religious conflicts that happened in that land in the last Centuries, they have ALL THE RIGHT to concider them as a successors of the Tatar Khans, the ancient Thraks (from the part in today Bulgaria)  & the Macedonians, from the part of Macedonia that is today a part of Republic of Bulgaria

In the case of Greece is normal that they have the right to concider themself as successors of the Ancient Greeks.

Why? Couse they are born there /  they have roots there

So the several millions ppl who declare them self as Macedonians should have the same rights, nothing more ;o)

Or someone knows when the last Macedonian died?

I think only few dummheads nationalist (who have no political power, tnx god ;o) have dreams of some "United Macedonia" - meaning the teritory of Republic & the parts that are today in Bulgaria or Greece.

Most of those who live in Republic of Macedonia, EU, USA, AUS & rest of the world would be happy if the assimilation politics find finaly end (21 century...)

One day it would all be EU so or so, it is just a question of time ;o)

peace to all

p.s.

I think no metter of the small differences in different DNA studies already made, ALL showed that all the balkan Nations have same roots ;o)

all have big part of Indo-Asien genes in their blood 

any comment needed?

Edited by Gorgi Makedonski
I breath Oxygen - you?
iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2005 at 12:53
Originally posted by Gorgi Makedonski

..so, if we talk  from Balkan Wars, maybe the Macedonians have the most to say... we lost many hunderts of thousands of ppl in those wars, & most of them were fought on our soil.

The Balkan Wars were (oficialy) 1912 - 1913, & were fought against the Turkish Empire to set the Balkan land free from Turkish Ocupation.

Macedonians fought  & died in bulgarian &  greek uniforms,  also self organized...

After the end of the wars, it was "shared" between Greece, Bulgaria & Serbia.

I wonder....in 1905 a census made by the Turks , showed no Macedonian ethnic group...The same was for census made in 1878 and also in 1906...

Keeping in mind that the Turks were not so much in favor of Greeks , how come and u had ""hundreds of thousands of dead " ??

Imagination , is good , but it does not work in History... maybe in Historical Fiction....Historical Novels ..... Historic Romance and so on...

Unfortunately , we keep in History here..

Isk.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>