Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Islamic Hero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Islamic Hero
    Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 05:21

Who is your islamic hero.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 05:23

Salahattin

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 11:58

Prophet Muhammad S.A.W

Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 13:56
Selaheddn Eyb
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 14:09
Murad I, the underrated.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 14:29

kanuni sultan suleyman,

suleymen the lawyer.

fatih sultan mehmed whas more a guy who whas symbolic to Islamic world from my opinion.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 14:55
Hmm, that is a tough question. Many Many Muslim heros i can think of.
Of course After the prophet peace be upon him, I will choose Saladin for
his intellegence, patience, tolerance, successes, and an example of one of
those few who was even admired by his enemies!
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 14:56
Salah ad Din
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 16:15
Husein-kapetan Gradačević (1802 August 17, 1834) was a Bosniak general who fought for Bosnian autonomy in the Ottoman Empire. He is often referred to as "Zmaj od Bosne", meaning "Dragon of Bosnia".

He gained a reputation as a hero and a strong, brave, and decisive ruler. One anecdote that illustrates this is Husein-kapetan's alleged response to whether he was scared of waging war against the Ottoman Empire. "God I fear slightly," Gradačević replied, "the Sultan not at all, and the Grand Vizier no more than my own horse."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husein_Grada%C5%A1%C4%evi%C4%87
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 20:12

Sultan AbdulHamid II

While the empire was at its peak in decline he managed to keep it alive for another 30+ years. His famous for his reply against the zionist jews after asking for palestine from the sultan. Sultan AbdulHAmid II replied:

"I will not give one inch of palestine to the jews. As palestine is not mine to giv but it belongs to the ummah and the ummah hav shed blood to defend this land. BUT IF ONE DAY THE ISLAMIC STATE FALLS APART THEN U CAN HAV THE PALESTINE FOR FREE. But as long as im alive ill rather have my flesh be cut out then cut Palestine from the muslim land. i will not allow any carvings WHILE WE ARE ALIVE!!"

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2005 at 03:05
The propht Muhammed(PBUH).After him his cousin Ali(PBUH)is my hero I like his bravery in battles.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2005 at 06:04
Originally posted by oTToMAn_TurK

Sultan AbdulHamid II

While the empire was at its peak in decline he managed to keep it alive for another 30+ years. His famous for his reply against the zionist jews after asking for palestine from the sultan. Sultan AbdulHAmid II replied:

"I will not give one inch of palestine to the jews. As palestine is not mine to giv but it belongs to the ummah and the ummah hav shed blood to defend this land. BUT IF ONE DAY THE ISLAMIC STATE FALLS APART THEN U CAN HAV THE PALESTINE FOR FREE. But as long as im alive ill rather have my flesh be cut out then cut Palestine from the muslim land. i will not allow any carvings WHILE WE ARE ALIVE!!"

Are you a fan of "Soldiers of ALLAH"? That is a great rap group.

Either make a history or become a history.
oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2005 at 08:09

Are you a fan of "Soldiers of ALLAH"? That is a great rap group.

Yes i love der raps there great. i was waiting for somone to realise

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2005 at 08:26

You see, my signiture is also taken from their lyrics.

Either make a history or become a history.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2005 at 08:26

After the prophet Muhammad {S.A.W}, I would choose Umar {raa}...  

and I love the sword of  Ali(raa)

Husein-kapetan Gradačević

and Alije Izetbegovic

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2005 at 12:04

Hoca Ahmet Yesev, the Turkmen eren who thought Islam to Turks of Central Asia by their own way of praying and own philosophies. His followers such as Haci Bektash Veli are also heroes for the improvement of Islam, its philosophy and methods.

Karamanoglu Mehmet Bey was also a hero, but his purposes werent generally about Islam so we cant consider him as a Islamic her.

Of course also Hz. Ali with his Zulfikar was a real hero for the Islamic faith.

Fatih Sultan Mehmed II Khan the Conquerer is also an Islamic hero, by conquering Konstantiniyye altough he slaughtered about 150000 Turkmens, I still totally appreciate his magnificience.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2005 at 15:39

Too many heros to mention, so I'll leave you with a question.

Did the Turkmen enter Anatolia as mostly Alevi, Sufi, Sunni, Shi'a or historcally Tanri believers?

Edited by Seko
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2005 at 16:59
I like the Assasins, specially Hassan i Sabbah, the founder of the sect, Sinan ed Din, Great Master of the Syrian Assasins in time of the Crusades, and Hassan II, who proclaimed the Qiyama and got the sect out of Islam for the time of his reign only. They are great anti-heroes of incredible personality.

More modernly, I like Malcom X, Yasir Arafat (up to apoint) and Basayev.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2005 at 17:55

Basayev is a moden islamic hero, also Khattab who was assasinated not long ago.

My favourites:

Hajjaj Bin Yusuf Al Thaqafy (psycho ruler, saddam hussain of old, call him what you want, this guy was a pain in the ass for the entire world and i like him for it )

The Black Sultan (can't recall his name, but during his reign he never lost a battle against the spanish/portugese crusaders)

Khalid bin al Waleed

Imad al Din and Nur Al Din Zengi (nur al din gets a bit speshul treatment, one of the few islamic generals who never lost a battle)

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2005 at 19:39

Originally posted by Fizzil

The Black Sultan (can't recall his name, but during his reign he never lost a battle against the spanish/portugese crusaders)

Maybe Yusef Ibn Tifsheen, of the Moravids. Without his aid, Muslims of Spain would have been out of Spain 400 years earlier.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>