Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eastern Axis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlokaParyetra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AlokaParyetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eastern Axis
    Posted: 24-Sep-2005 at 18:18

I was having a discussion with a friend of mine.

Let's say India and China were to put aside their insignificant (in my mind, atleast) differences and formed an eastern axis. Would it be able to defer the power of the U.S.A and its allies?

So far, i only have India and China in this axis. Perhaps Iran could join too. Probably never Pakistan, but who knows. Maybe they (Indians and Pakistanis) will wise up one day.

Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2005 at 18:41
Will add more later....but my first thgout so far is that such a alliance would mean China would use India to develope chinese software manufacturing....and once that is done that'll be then end of that axis
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 08:07
India and Pakistan together as allies?
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 09:14

Originally posted by poirot

India and China together as allies?  

AlokaParyetra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AlokaParyetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 11:00
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

Originally posted by poirot

India and China together as allies?  

And that, IMO, i both India's and China's biggest downfall. They, in over 3-4000 years of coexistence, had 1, ONE! minor conflict over insignificant territory, and now hold idiotic grudges agaisnt each other....

When the politicians of the old age finally die, we can expect things to change. Not that i hope for the death of anyone....

But, back to the question. Since this IS historical amusement, let's just say, for the sake of argumentation, that India and China form an alliance. Will it be a significat deterrance to the western powers?

Edited by AlokaParyetra
Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2005 at 11:32
I doubt it. They together might pose a challenge, albeit only somewhat dangerous, for the United States militarily. In terms of economy, forget about it, the United States has no chance. However, if you talk of the 'western powers' as a whole then a Chinese/Indian axis will need significant time, as well as a general decline of the west, for them to dominate the world.
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2005 at 03:12
Once again, sorry, i'm going to need some extra time later to post a proper thread....

Ok, arguing if that bth countries terible government (terrible in their own respects) can quit being greedy and selfish and quit tring to stab eachother in the back........

Economicaally wise i can assume that growth would pick up in both countries for a while by atleast 2%. That being said it would destroy indian manufacturing and the chinese software industry.

Military-wise, SE Asia will become cold towards India, Terrorism would probably be flushed out of the area and India would  begin to import chiense arms.

Iran would have a field day seeing this as an opertunity to sell even more oil.

Chinese controlled Kashmir (which they never had any right over) would come back to India, Pakistan will finally give up trying to look the good guy, but still not give up their illegally held part of Kashmir.

Wow, turned out to be a long post after all, did i miss something?
 Post Reply Post Reply