Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How old is Turkic language?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AFG-PaShTuN View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AFG-PaShTuN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How old is Turkic language?
    Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 01:28
Salaamoona....

How's it going Turkano? I was wondering about the age of Turkic language, if anyone has info regarding this, please do share it with me. Also, is there any difference between Mongolian Turkic language and that of modern Turkey's? From what i have learned in being close with Turks, is that there is a strong influence of Arabic and Farsi vocabulary in Turkish language, possibly due to its location.

Manana [Thanks]
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 08:03
Age of turkish language, 'unknown' but it is surely a date that would be the B.C. era's so at the least 2005 years old. It has been written in various forms, alphabets through out the years, and the earliest known to date in "written form" is on monuments in central asia, Bilge Kaghan (735), Kltigin (732), and the vizier Tonyukuk (724-726). They are writen in Orkun, in the turkish runic alphabet.

Yes there are many foreign words in turkish that is spoken today, and the grammer and dialects are different but the language spoken by most turkic peoples are understandable in its writen or oral form.. (from 40% to 80% of the things spoken.) this same thing goes for these monuments, they are to some extent in turkic language that is almost identical to turkic languages spoken today and so understandable to most turkic people. (part some words, and alphabet)

Mongolian is not Turkic/Turkish, nor is it close to it, other asian turkic languages in their various forms and alphabets, are pretty close to Turkish spoken in Turkey, although they sound different with pronounciations and so on.. birding mirding larindan... (its kind of cute) we sound funny to them, as our turkish is more softer.

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2006 at 10:07

anatolian turkish sounds faggy to me

I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2006 at 17:40

it is.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2006 at 19:29
turkic language started maybe 3000 years maybe 5000 than older  turkic people was nomad. whole works were can to carry articles.first wroten work was new  than other nation. for  this reason unknow this topic
Attila2 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Attila2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2006 at 14:44
Actually,it is somewhat meaningless to talk about a term such as "The Turkic Language" .there ARE many turkic languages,and there WERE,of course, in the old times.By the way,It is still unknown whether there were a prototurkic language,from which the other turkic languages derived.Though They may have been derived from the mixture of that so called prototurkic language and surrounding Uralo Altaic languages.And as you may see,all the "Uralo Altaic" languages(and the other surrounding languages) share the same grammatic rules.

IMHO,the existance of the "uralo altaic language group" is true.it would be much more healthy to talk about a "proto-ural-altay language"(like the proto indo european" language) rather than talking about a proto turkic...
EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote EGETRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2006 at 06:12
There were vocabular relation between Turk language and sumer language...That language were bearing first traces of turk language...But first finding in Trk language is 'Altın elbiseli adam'(man with golden clothes)@kazakhstan...in tomb of this man,there were a piece of texte who said ''Tigin(prince) died during his 23th age,let the god keep his people who live in Esik''
The lands of the of the West may be armored with walls of steel,
But I have borders guarded by the mighty chest of a believer...
Alparslan1071 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Alparslan1071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 03:56
EGETURK  ,Why you have  choosen a sausage name as your nickname?EGETURK is a very famous sausage company in Germany  http://www.egetuerk.de/
regards
EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote EGETRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 07:30
There is no relation:D:D:D
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 10:00
salam sucuk sosis hangisi en nefis EGETrk Big smile.

I have a question how much is Turkish or lets say ottoman turkish influenced by non turkic words percentage
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote EGETRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 10:24
If we talk about Turkish,Tukish page of wikipedia says that There is 14.000 foreign words in Our language....Total is 105.000
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 10:39
Who can count? It's just a guess...
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Mordoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 10:53
Ottomani Language WAS NOT Turkish , it is important to be emphasized my friends ;
When you look at " Ferman " and such Ottoman documents , you see hundreds of Arab-Iranian words combined with each other , however the last suffix is " DIR " , which is the only Turkish word part :D

Ferman-i Cezayir ve Ilan-i Osmani Sultani adl-i ihsaniyye ve Cemaat-i Durriye ....blabla ...ilavedir

If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Alparslan1071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 03:21

So ? Ottoman Empire was an Empire not a country.It was a world power country.Devlet-i Ali Osmani.So of course it s language is multi language.It wasnt the state just for Turks.It was the state for all nations.

How many foreign words in English now?I didnt count ,maybe thousands.
Why because it was a super power of the 19th century and it was the country for lots of nations.

So after the republic found we minimized our language.That s true
EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote EGETRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 09:19
No,we purified it...We had to do it...Our language is not minimized...Desire to imitate arabs were false...
To Mordoth:Ottoman were not a real language,that was a written language...And literacy language too...But If you look to Karacaoğlan's or Kroğlu's or etc...'s poems,you can understand which language was people speaking...
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Alparslan1071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 10:48
okul? okul is coming from ecole in french.gunaydın is like guten tag or good morning most of the new words are coming from the minds of the rebuplic creators.they are ne words and has been created in 1930's.No needed that.

I think the republic creators need to cut of the link with past.That s why they have done these  terrible actions against our language.

Now turkish language like circumcised.How sad.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 23:58
[QUOTE=AFG-PaShTuN]Salaamoona....

How's it going Turkano? I was wondering about the age of Turkic language, if anyone has info regarding this, please do share it with me. Also, is there any difference between Mongolian Turkic language and that of modern Turkey's? From what i have learned in being close with Turks, is that there is a strong influence of Arabic and Farsi vocabulary in Turkish language, possibly due to its location.

I think the language is very new.Made by moustafa kemal turkish war leader after the ottoman empire ended and they are mixed by selguke and Mongol-Tatar

It seems to me the vocabulary alfabets even copied letters from german letters too.

Edited by warhead73 - 01-Oct-2006 at 00:03
EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote EGETRK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 03:36
Originally posted by Alparslan1071

okul? okul is coming from ecole in french.gunaydın is like guten tag or good morning most of the new words are coming from the minds of the rebuplic creators.they are ne words and has been created in 1930's.No needed that.

I think the republic creators need to cut of the link with past.That s why they have done these  terrible actions against our language.

ahahaha...You are so comique....Okul comes from Okumak!!!Often,our older's ask us ''Okuyormusun?'İt means do you go to schooll.(okumak-read)

Gn(Day) Aydın(Joyous)...

Our republic creators liberated Trkish from Arab-Fars languages...They did not cut link with the past,they have make us devoted to our real past with our language...
omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2006 at 17:28
i cant believe how much people with non information in this topic are sending such unbelievable wrong posts. First of all, i want to give some example words from one of the first Trkish Empires, from the TrkHuns.

Hunnish
TENGRI*
KUT
KIZ
KATUN
TUG
BY
ORDA
TAT
BAR
BRI
TOK
KILI
EL

Turkish
TENGRI
KUT
KIZ
KATUN/KADIN/HATUN
TUG
BY
ORDA/ORDU
TAT
BAR
BRI/KURT
TOK
KILI
EL

Do you seem any big differences in the words? i dont.
I dont understand why people have to be so negative sided against T
rks. Actually i do understand, we all know why, but thats not important. Why are we talking about Trkish language(which has not changed at all, maybe some addings in thousands of years), but why does no one try to criticize english language, or some other language, you dont like that dont you? look at how people in america talk, look how the english language has changed in only a little period of time. I dont have much info about english language, so i dont talk. I dont give statements like the english language is germanic or french or something else, because im not pre-judging. let we all stop pre-judging. the racism and hate against Trkish people isnt unfortunately only ending with this subject. everywhere i can see it. You have to be more honoust, but that will never happen with their own steps...
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 11:43
okul? okul is coming from ecole in french.

ShockedI really suggest you go and research the etymology of "okul", EgeTurk explained it perfectlly.

gunaydın is like guten tag or good morning

ShockedUnbelievable, this is again totally wrong EgeTurk explained above.

Circumcision is sad? in Turkey they have Circumcision celebrations, Jews see it as the mark of becommin a man, so its actually a good thingSmile

Edited by Bulldog - 02-Oct-2006 at 11:43
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>