Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A scientific Peace Plan for Cyprus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A scientific Peace Plan for Cyprus
    Posted: 21-Sep-2005 at 09:56

True. Greek Cyp. and Turkish Cyp. lived ion relative peace untill the British stole the island.

The British have done this also in the asian subcontinant (Kashmir, still a problem).

Maybe we should lift all embargoes and recognise and respect both sides. This way we can concentrate more on building good ties between the two sides as equal countries, thus making Cyprus an island of freindship. A lovely moment of frenship shown when the awfull Helios accident happend, all leader to TRNC parties gave a message to s.cyprus to say how sorry they were. THe very next day TRNC put their flag half way down as a sign of respect.

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 23:17
Greece + Turkey is quite a lot of people I doubt we'll fit in Austria or Germany... but at least it will make a nuclear buffer zone in the area... maybe we should pick some other place, we can take france, greeks england, and we can continue our arguments, on terratorial waters..etc, it'll be fun part the climate will be colder..

I dont know, why repeat over over again the same thing for cyprus its pretty boring after all its a very little country in the middle east thats being a pain for both Greece, and Turkey. So nuking it is a "scientific" solution to it in some sense.

As for history, just take a look at it, and you'll see that I have posted posts on Cyprus been taken by the ottomans in 1570 and being held up to a prettly late date until the english take it.. so if you want science discuss the origins of modern greeks, or G. Cypriots. count how many generations they lived with the Ottomans, without nationalism.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2005 at 14:40

Or We nuke Germany and move them to Israel?

I dont think the Jews wil like this idea though...

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 17:51

Originally posted by baracuda

Scientific Plan.. Relocate every one to whatever country they'd like, then nuke the island so its inhabitable for a couple of millenia..

I can't some of you people say this, there have been many other similar comments. Even is its just for fun. How about we nuke Greece/Turkey and have them all move to Australia and Germany? Or We nuke Germany and move them to Israel? Sounds good, no morw Greek/Turkish arugments or Neo Nazis either.

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 16:12
Scientific Plan.. Relocate every one to whatever country they'd like, then nuke the island so its inhabitable for a couple of millenia..
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 13:36

It has nothing with UN. do it? Oh it is made by UN.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2005 at 11:44

International Law and the U.N rules

So what about the Annan plan?

iskenderani View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 15:40

The Cyprus problem , was discussed in many topics , we all know that .

This topic , is about a serious and scientific , from the point of International Law and the U.N rules , proposal to solve this aged problem.

What we can accept as individuals , or not , is besides the point . The point here , is to keep up THE LAW...the International Law .

The proposed solution , does not blaim any one . It just says what are the U.N rules and what MUST be followed IF there is a will for a just solution , to this problem.

Nothing more , nothing less.

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 15:12

Originally posted by Mortaza

I think when Komnenos see this topic, He will cry.

Not if we keep it civil and refrain from provocation.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 14:59
I think when Komnenos see this topic, He will cry.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 14:57
I hear you Sparty, this topic has been raised so many times that it has more lives than a cat. Hopefully, all participants can manage within reasonable bounds while it is still open.

Edited by Seko
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 14:56

I read it some, but these ideas are general ideas, I can accept them. But in Cyprus, we have realy different situation, some types of restrictions are needed.

b) Annan Plan Deficiencies

8.         The terms of the Annan Plan would in fact have embedded instability into the heart of a Cyprus settlement and would inevitably have led to increasing friction and destabilisation. This is underlined by the provisions concerning the position of foreign nationals with effective control over key areas of governmental activities in Cyprus. Examples where non-Cypriots would (in the event of disagreement between the equal numbers of Greek and Turkish Cypriots) have effective control appeared to include the Reconciliation Commission; the Supreme Court invested with legislative and executive powers; the Central Bank; the Relocation Board; the Property Court and the organs of the Property Board. Further, the foreign nationals concerned would not be democratically accountable to the people of Cyprus.

For ex, for this. yes foreign nations intervering is against to democracy, but If we follow this type democracy, TC will not have any political power. 

Bearing in mind the experience of the period 1960-63, the need for stability in the ordering of governmental activities is critical.

Well, so what should we do If we have an even result between greeks and Turks.3 vote to 3 vote. Should we make a referandum means greek rule?

As I said you before, this is generaly true, but It is not specialy adaptable to cyprus.

Secondly, EU has no relation with TC. I accept they have relation with ROC and GC, but what is their relation with TC? Why should we believe they will protect TC interest? Infact Until now they didnt do anything for benefit of TC, but against TC. They are only one-sided organization, their laws and rules are for GC not TC. Why should TC also binded with this laws and rules.

If I believed good wish of EU, or Neutralness of EU, these ideas can have some merit.

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 14:50

Jesus!The same subject......Let's bomb the f**king island with nukes and chemicals.Then nobody will ever want it.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 14:45

This is not acceptable....

This is a solution for EU not a scientific solution.

The solution can be based upon the foundation treaty of Cyprus Republic in 1960. This is the scientific, lawful and fair solution.

Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 14:44

The discussion with you , as expected , is pointless since u cannot understand the project , before passing a judgment ..

So , if u have anything to say AFTER you read it , ok... If NOT , then you can pass your time in other topics.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 14:38

I dont think that EU is a sciencific reality.

If what TC want is only EU rules, They can already do it. As I said before too much EU and I cant say EU is a lover of Turkey.

And scienficaly EU is now ally of GC, so how can an institution who is ally of GC can be, a core point of agreement.

Instead of EU, Turks prefer UN. More neutral international institution and It is not ally of GC.

I dont know, If this is sciencific or not, but after all I dont know all of this sciencific research is also sciencific or not. I cant see any Turkic sciencist at this research, I can see a greek sciencist, and other are from EU.

t looks like this European solution, is realy a European solution. Not a solution for Turks, but Europeans.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 14:26
Sure but politic problems have not a sciencific answer. This is not math.
Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 14:22

well we are talking about a politic problem, this is not math problem.

It is scientific from the point of International Law and U.N .... Math and Physics are NOT the onlu sciences ...

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 14:18

well we are talking about a politic problem, this is not math problem.

Baron
Baron

Quote iskenderani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2005 at 14:16

I didnt read all, I just looked and saw to much EU. This is not a good sign.

It is a scientific project .... not cheap politics....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>