Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

iran vs egypt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iran vs egypt
    Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 14:21

ok i know that this is a long shot, but a friend of mine (an egyptian) once told me their army was strongest in north africa and middle east (not includin israel and turkiye) i argued that iran is the strongest however he wouldnt budge and brought up some crap about egypt doing some stuff to israel.. So what do you all think,, I read once that iran was one of the strongest islamic nation (among pakistan and turkyie).

And who would side with who if such a conflict was ever to breack out??

this is just an amuesmetn thread just to see what ppl think about the strenghts of these 2 countries, feel free to add in and compare different countries.''

btw i would never in a million years wish for such aa war or any war, and am against all war especialy USA ATTACKING IRAN!! ok post away

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 14:37

well Iran is way too strong for egypt but it will get the support of all Arabic countries.

and i think Iran is stronger than Turkey or equal in power.

Arpad View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Arpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2005 at 14:48
iran and turkey are very similar in terms of population, earnings per yr etc, but you have to remember iran has got sanctions against it, meaning many of its parts, and equipment is not up-to date like those of turkey. yes i also do think iran would beat egypt, but im not sure if it is WAY to strong for egypt, i herd they have good army aswell.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 07:23

they do have good army but the US and Europe are making sure that this army wont get better or bigger to ensure the Safety of Israel.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 10:53
Originally posted by azimuth

well Iran is way too strong for egypt but it will get the support of all Arabic countries.

and i think Iran is stronger than Turkey or equal in power.

Turkey is stronger than Iran but it isnt the topic.

Iran can easily smash Egypt, and no Arab countries would support Egypt, maybe Saudi Arabia. Syria is with Iran. Remember, Iraq was also conquered from the south, with some Arab state's helps (Qatar and Kuwait).

But if USA opposes it (it will), Egypt would have the power of USA supporting it, and naturally Kuwait would function as a primary American base against Iran. Saudi Arabia would stay neutral but let the Americans use their lands. Syria would join Iran. Turkey would stay neutral or join Iran-Syria according to the conditions.

Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2005 at 10:59
This might have been a lot more interesting in the 80's. However, if the rumors of Iran's military growing once more are true, then Egypt would not be able to win.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 20:25
Although I see no reason for a war between two (not that I know of) I think Iran would beat Egypt easy even with or without Arabs help to Egypt.
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2005 at 22:45

i dont think Syria would join Iran against Egypt, and i dont think Iran would win this war if Arab States supported Egypt militarywise. and there is no comparison between Egypt and Iraq, the only reason kuwait and Qatar supported the US invasion of iraq is that to remove Saddam who attaked kuwait and Saudi Arabia in the early 90s while Egypt is a close friend of all Arabic countries and it will get the majority of the support.

here is a littel research about both countries.

population    Mi litary Personnel     

Egypt   76 000 000        450 000

Iran     69 000 000        540 000

Edited by azimuth
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 00:49
Israel has good relations with egypt? in any case if jews get involved then we're talking about a war and then Syria might join too.I don't know what would Turkey do but best would be the stay neutral

Edited by erci
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Anushirvan View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Anushirvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 00:57

ohh please, Iran can crush egypt with or without arab help, remember Iraq attacking a weakened Iran, but it still didnt do good, right now iran is more powerfull, more organized.

and please iranians have the will to fight on, but arabs have not. make a noise in an arab street, the people would be running like there is a nuclear war going on.

Iranian and Proud
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 01:09

lol what arabs are you talking about?!

Palistinians kids fight Tanks with rocks.

and as i said Egypt alone wont win a war against iran but with military support from Arabic countries it will win this war.

dont forget saudi Arabia has one of the biggest air force in the region.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 01:37

Definitely If Egypt was to go to War with Iran, It will be again another long war of 8 years. Though I know Egypt will suffer for being little behind Iran in Army technologies, but Egypt has an equal army size and even more with the reserved army, don't mention the population is larger too.

Remember, the Key factor in Iran & Iraq war was Iraq had more advanced weapons, but Iran had a bigger army and volunteers.

I think also the reasons of a war is a factor. If Egypt decided to attack Iran, few people would support Egypt even Egyptions themselves. That is exactly like Iraqis who escaped military drafts because the cause was injust. However, If Egypt had a ligitimate reason in that possible war, then definitely most Arab countries will support Egypt besides the USA who needs Iran down. So the net result, Egypt will win.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Anushirvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 01:54

ahh comon, Palestinian kids maybe, because all their life is under rubble and bullets. what about egyptians and other arabs who have not lived in war and have alot to lose.

I was talking based on my experience in UAE, make a noise people run. egypt is no different, please, if arabs support egypts, then we can have volunteers from afghanistan who are even more battle hardened and willing.

the only battle willing arabs are fanatic extremists. with out their ideology arabs dont have any will to fight and die. look at iraq, all their fighters are wahabbi terrorists brained washed to blow themselves up and kill their own arab brothers. hah.

and besides, iran can easily side with israel, and israel would get its ultimate dream to reality, an alliance with iran. egypt and the rest of arab world would be toast. just consider yourself lucky iran didnt side with israel back in 1980s', even then israel bombed iraq, indirectly saved iranians from a nuclear attack from saddam.

and not that i like israel, or the west, thanks to them for giving chemical weapons to saddam, who got them with saudi and other arab loaned money.

Edited by Anushirvan
Iranian and Proud
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 02:08

well when their security at risk and their lands were at risk of being occupied iam sure egyptains and other arabs will have well to fight and defend themselfs

and Iran can join whatever it want to join israel or whatever and there is a possibility that you can occupy the Arabic lands but you wont be able to control it for sure and you'll be kicked out in less than 5 years as a maximum. That with the US and Europe supporting you too

dont forget that your beloved isael couldn't control Gaza strip with an occupation of more than 30 years.

and the US with its power and money and advanced military equipments is not yet in control of all Iraq and couldn't till now find the main leaders of Taliban nor AlQaieda !!

and last time Iranians controled some Arabic lands was more than 1500 years ago and from that point it was under Arabic then Mongols then Tukish rules more than iranians themselfs.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 02:16

Originally posted by Anushirvan

what about egyptians and other arabs who have not lived in war and have alot to lose.

Yeah, go see what the Egyption will lose. Dude, are you seroius? some live with less than a $1 a day.

please, if arabs support egypts, then we can have volunteers from afghanistan who are even more battle hardened and willing. .

, I heard about Afghan Arabs, but never Afghan Iranians.

with out their ideology arabs dont have any will to fight and die. ..

Can you explain to me how those fearful Arab ruled from Persia to Andalucia? Maybe you need to read more.

and besides, iran can easily side with israel, and israel would get its ultimate dream to reality, an alliance with iran. egypt and the rest of arab world would be toast...

Yeah, that is a good option. Actually the only way iran can win against Egypt . After that, just to be safe, Israel will ask Iran to not develop the Nuclear energy and instead will supply them instead with more coals.

just consider yourself lucky iran didnt side with israel back in 1980s', even then israel bombed iraq, indirectly saved iranians from a nuclear attack from saddam..

yeah, Alhamdulelah Israel attacked Saddam's Nuclear plant Tamuz. He is a psycho man and probably he would have used them to kill innocent people.

and not that i like israel, or the west, thanks to them for giving chemical weapons to saddam, who got them with saudi and other arab loaned money.

Duh! US sold weapons to both countries by the way, go read agian.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Anushirvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 02:26

well when their security at risk and their lands were at risk of being occupied iam sure egyptains and other arabs will have well to fight and defend themselfs

hahaha, right, remember how israel kept egypt terrotory for along time, only when egyptian leaders started to suck up to the west and basically surrendered to their demands and started recognizing israel as a state, they got their land back, israel is still controlling golan heights and west bank, and besides when was the last time arabs actually helped the palestinians? if it wasnt for iranians, palestine would be history, same with lebonon, just thank iran and iranians and persians for their support of a lost arab cause.

and Iran can join whatever it want to join israel or whatever and there is a possibility that you can occupy the Arabic lands but you wont be able to control it for sure and you'll be kicked out in less than 5 years as a maximum. That with the US and Europe supporting you too

we dont need your land, all we will do is rule you from behind, just like how the americans are doing virtually in all arab countries, and Iraq is just a show for iranians, iran is basically ruling the country, even the grand ayatollah in iraq , sistani, is iranian. and america and iran are competing with each other there, and no arab country can get oil from them anymore, so Jordan has to hunt for oil from somewhere else. and besides if we want to occupy yourland, we just use your own methods, we will kick you out, or just gas you .

dont forget that your beloved isael couldn't control Gaza strip with an occupation of more than 30 years.

thanx to iranian backing, oh why are we so giving when we dont even get any credit, we should really stop supporting this arab cause, we should just let israel wipe out palestinians, but hey we iranians dont function that way, when we say injustice from foreign powers we intent to take action or give support. too bad we live in a dictatorship now, if not we would be really way more powerfull.

and the US with its power and money and advanced military equipments is not yet in control of all Iraq and couldn't till now find the main leaders of Taliban nor AlQaieda !!

the us doesnt want to leave afghanistan, afghanistan will never be stable, because US is using taliban and al-qaida as pretexes in staying in afghanistan and keeping its bases in central asia. I know, things are more complicated than they seem.

and last time Iranians controled some Arabic lands was more than 1500 years ago and from that point it was under Arabic then Mongols then Tukish rules more than iranians themselfs.

the last time i checked, mesopotamia was not an arabic land, nor was the area around persian gulf, so how do you call it arabic land, unless you are talking about the waste desert of arabia, then yes, but iran did controll oman, yemen too, and dont you remeber, the safavids controled many parts of iraq and persian gulf which suddenly the arabs started infilltrating them and now they call the gulf "arabian gulf". , arabic lands huh, now arabic waters too.

arabs ruled us for 200 years and faded in history, they couldnt even recapture jerusalem if it wasnt for a kurdish guy and his turkish army. and your saying that iranians were ruled by turks??? arabs hand no nation since 1500 years ago untill now, when they were ruled by turks. so good come back there.

Iranian and Proud
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Anushirvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 02:29
Originally posted by ok ge

i didnt know afghans were arabs, this is total news to me, unless you are talking about taliban who are basically followers of evil wahhabi terrorist idealogy. but since this idealogy is a lost one, and afghans consider iranians as their closest brothers, im guessing they would side with iran, dont u think so? w/e

Iranian and Proud
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 03:55

hahaha, right, remember how israel kept egypt terrotory for along time, only when egyptian leaders started to suck up to the west and basically surrendered to their demands and started recognizing israel as a state, they got their land back, israel is still controlling golan heights and west bank, and besides when was the last time arabs actually helped the palestinians? if it wasnt for iranians, palestine would be history, same with lebonon, just thank iran and iranians and persians for their support of a lost arab cause.

well the Egyptian did enter 3 wars directly after their independance even they weren't strong and weren't even as powerfull as Europe and Israel who is fully supported by Europe so you can say they fought Europe.

and if Isael could've kept Sina they would never gave it back to Egypt so giving it back was for the israeli benfit too.

and what Iranin did to palistinans?

i dont see any iranias fighting with the palistinians, just talking bla bla bla. we Arabs admit that we didnt help and not helping the palistinains as we should but iranians are so happy and advertising that they are the reasons behind the palistinians resistance ! so tell me what iran did?

with or without iran Palistinians will keep resisting the israeli occupation.

so after the US occupay the Iranian land soon you better convert your population to Zoroastarian and ally with Israel and do your occupation

we dont need your land, all we will do is rule you from behind, just like how the americans are doing virtually in all arab countries, and Iraq is just a show for iranians, iran is basically ruling the country, even the grand ayatollah in iraq , sistani, is iranian. and america and iran are competing with each other there, and no arab country can get oil from them anymore, so Jordan has to hunt for oil from somewhere else. and besides if we want to occupy yourland, we just use your own methods, we will kick you out, or just gas you .

ok do that what are you waiting for ?

you think of yourself as a very strong nation while your people are illegaly imegrating to UAE and the gulf countries may be when you will do your dream we will imegrate to Iran illegally

and the Oil of Iraq is for the Iraqis nobody else. and Iraqis are not Iranians even the Shiea majority of Iraq are not even a majority Iranians they are Arabs. unless by Arabs you mean sunnies !

thanx to iranian backing, oh why are we so giving when we dont even get any credit, we should really stop supporting this arab cause, we should just let israel wipe out palestinians, but hey we iranians dont function that way, when we say injustice from foreign powers we intent to take action or give support. too bad we live in a dictatorship now, if not we would be really way more powerfull.

again what Iranian backing? iam ignorant about this i dont know why?

so please tell us about the iranian backing to palistine.

and as i said you want to ally with israelis and wipe out arabs  go ahead.

and your system was elected as far as i know so not much dictatorship i guess.

the thing is that you and people who think like you are not the majority of Iranians SO to be democratic the Majority chose the rule not the minority

the us doesnt want to leave afghanistan, afghanistan will never be stable, because US is using taliban and al-qaida as pretexes in staying in afghanistan and keeping its bases in central asia. I know, things are more complicated than they seem.

yea sure its a conspiracy right? then why bother and creat Taliban and Alqaeda and then fighting them back again?

sounds like a very stupid plan

the Fact is the US didnt take full control of Afganistan and Taliban still there hiding and Alqaeda is still Alive.

thos are the facts. and Iran is next incase you dont know, i guess you are one of those who support a US attack against iran.

the last time i checked, mesopotamia was not an arabic land, nor was the area around persian gulf, so how do you call it arabic land, unless you are talking about the waste desert of arabia, then yes, but iran did controll oman, yemen too, and dont you remeber, the safavids controled many parts of iraq and persian gulf which suddenly the arabs started infilltrating them and now they call the gulf "arabian gulf". , arabic lands huh, now arabic waters too.

arabs ruled us for 200 years and faded in history, they couldnt even recapture jerusalem if it wasnt for a kurdish guy and his turkish army. and your saying that iranians were ruled by turks??? arabs hand no nation since 1500 years ago untill now, when they were ruled by turks. so good come back there.

lol if they speak Arabic as their first language then they are ARABS, their blood orgin is not that important since there are no such thing as pure blood of any race.

so you are saying that there is no such thing as Arabian land or what?

anyway this topic is about Egypt and iran, if you have more ultra Iranian Zoroastrian Nationalistic agenda to share with us plz dont do it here go do it in the Iranian section and be carefull not to breach the forum rules .

good luck

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 04:14

This would be the most pointless war ever. 

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2005 at 04:26

Please tell me you are joking? You neve heard of Afghan Arabs? Go gooling. You & Afghanian are friends? Dude they hate Persians more than anything. Mir Wais Khan Hotaki revolted against Safavid rule and took over Kandahar in 1708. By 1736 Afsharid ruler, Nadir Shaw, gained control of the region. Why should they love you? you both differ even in belief between sunni Afghanistan and Shia Iran..

D.J. Kaufman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>