Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of Muslims across the Islamic world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of Muslims across the Islamic world
    Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 00:09
a bit off topic but I like the way Turkish village girls cover their hair.Iranians women are beautiful as well, especially their eyes are awesome.

thanks for the nice pictures.
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Shahanshah View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Shahanshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 00:55

Bahraini muslim reading Qor'an:

Now do I have to spell this place out to you?

Albanian Muslims (Muslims are a majority in Albania):

Bosnian muslims:

sreb712c.jpg (35637 bytes)

Bosnian Muslim voter

Iran:

Qashqai Tribe:

If the pictures dont work, right click then go to the link.

King of Kings, The Great King, King of the world.
Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Iranban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 04:31
Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

As you see there are lots of beautiful women here.

Why do they need to wear turbans?In my opinion it hides their beauty.

Ask our mullahs

Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Iranban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 04:36
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 04:41
Originally posted by Afghanan

Originally posted by Mortaza

By the way good photos, specially what Afghanan posted. I love Muslim people. And you have realy beatiful people Afghanan. 

Mortaza,

Thanks, are you Muslim as well?

Yes  I am, Before this I remember afganistan with pain, Your people suffered  much from russian, war lords  and now USA but after this beatiful pictures, I will remember afganistan with some  beauty too. I think If I have a chance, I will visit there.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 05:07

JiNanRen

I heard there are muslim people(not uygurs) at chine who come  from middle asia, are these people them?

Shahanshah View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Shahanshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 06:42
Iranban, where is that picture from? USA?
King of Kings, The Great King, King of the world.
Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Iranban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 07:21

Originally posted by Shahanshah

Iranban, where is that picture from? USA?

Are..nice isnt it?

Edited by Iranban
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 17:08

Cagatay why dont you just shut up, and mind your own bussines, noone asked you why you are doing what you want, so dont ask other this.Realy bored from your comments about turban. Why dont you just mind you own bussiness. We dont need a kemalist missionary.Specialy when mother and wife of Ataturk wear these turbans, why dont you ask your questions to Ataturk himself ?

It is my plan to ask questions to him.But firstly,I must have a ticket to the heaven.

Why don't you just mind your own business and attack my ideas?

It is only my opinion about turbans.I can't say "lift the turbans" even I become a president.But as I said,I do not like it.

Did some one request you to somment about my ideas?If not,you have the right "shutting up".

As you don't need a Kemalist missionary,we also don't need a Pan-Muslim Federationer missionary.

and watch your words,this is the second you do this.

ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2005 at 15:50

Beautiful pictures for sure.

Hmmm, there is so much fuzzing about the Hijab issue. Why is it a big deal? Ladies who wear Hijab wants Hijab, Ladies who doesn't wear hijab does not want hijab. End of story. No need to talk about what each person like of the other customs.  In fact I think it is silly

Hijab is just a piece of cloth that signify respect and modisty. It does not hide beauty nor it does elevate beauty. JUST a cloth. We can have countries that bands Hijab like Turkey and Tunisia and they still in the bottom of the third world, and we can have countries who enforce Hijab like Saudi Arabia and Iran and STILL bottom of the 3rd world, or finally we can have countries that leaves the option and encourages Hijab without enforcing like Malaysia and guess what? they are way up!

Please enjoy the pictures without silly comments. Love you all and yeah! Im new to this, you can tell

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2005 at 17:15
personally, I like the way the turban represented in Turkey, Bosnia and Albania.most of the non-muslim Eastern Europe,  Asia, Africa etc in that category you mention, for obvious reasons (not Islam)
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 02:47

Beautiful pictures for sure.

Hmmm, there is so much fuzzing about the Hijab issue. Why is it a big deal? Ladies who wear Hijab wants Hijab, Ladies who doesn't wear hijab does not want hijab. End of story. No need to talk about what each person like of the other customs.  In fact I think it is silly

Hijab is just a piece of cloth that signify respect and modisty. It does not hide beauty nor it does elevate beauty. JUST a cloth. We can have countries that bands Hijab like Turkey and Tunisia and they still in the bottom of the third world, and we can have countries who enforce Hijab like Saudi Arabia and Iran and STILL bottom of the 3rd world, or finally we can have countries that leaves the option and encourages Hijab without enforcing like Malaysia and guess what? they are way up!

Please enjoy the pictures without silly comments. Love you all and yeah! Im new to this, you can tell

Well said, I dont think our topic is not related with Turban, anyone can wear what She want, and noone interested with people tought about fassion at least for this topic. Why dont you open a topic about fashion Cagatay? You know here is not place.

Iranban View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Iranban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 11:07
So why do you guys say turban?
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 11:38
Originally posted by Mortaza

JiNanRen

I heard there are muslim people(not uygurs) at chine who come  from middle asia, are these people them?

Yeah, they are the Hui, which are originally arab/persians that migrated to China.  Today they are thorough assimilated into Chinese culture and bear little or no difference(except for dress and food) from Han Chinese.  Ningxia in Central China is the Hui Automous Region, but Huis reside in every major city in China, especially in the southern providence of Guangdong and Guangxi.

Edited by JiNanRen
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 15:12

I only said that I don't like it,it is my personal opinion and it relates no one

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 15:28
Why would god want women covered their hair and hide their body? And if there is only one god, why only muslim women?

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 16:14

I only said that I don't like it,it is my personal opinion and it relates no one

I agree It relates noone, so pls spare us.

Why would god want women covered their hair and hide their body?

why dont you ask it to god himself and not us. Noone force you to accept god words. If you dont want, dont accept them, but just let other accept it, and do what they want.

And if there is only one god, why only muslim women?

Rubish.

So why do you guys say turban?

Well It is turkish name of headscarf.

erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 16:29
relax.I'm searching for answers.if you don't have them leave it.besides I respect every culture unless they're not against laws
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 16:30
Albanian Muslims (Muslims are a majority in Albania)

Depends on what majority is. If you mean religious then you are certainly WRONG. Most of the declared muslims in the Republic of Albania are athiests and agnostics...
And the old 70-20-10 in Albania is very dated. the muslims(70) have dropped heavily in the decade. Hell I am put in the count as a muslim, and if you havnt guessed, I definately am NOT.

And even the official count will probably change in 50-60 years or so. This is discussing the Republic of Albania ofcourse, not Kosovo or Albs in FYROM

Anyway, now that I said this, I wont answer to other comments so it wont be thrown off topic

Edited by Iskender Bey ALBO
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2005 at 16:35
Iskender You are a good muslim, even your nick is a Muslim Turkish name
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>