Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChina is Multiracial and Chinggis is a Chinese Hero, Period!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: China is Multiracial and Chinggis is a Chinese Hero, Period!
    Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 22:21
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Tobodai, my apologies, i misunderstood your post.

And its GENIUS, not GENIOUS, you genius .

LOL

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 22:35
Originally posted by TMPikachu

Now, Ghengis Khan, he took after Chinese culture. His descendants conquored the known world, and of all those cultures, they took after China. They respected the greatness of China and so themselves became ingrained into the culture of China.

it does sound like Philip of Macedon and Greece, uh-oh

I would not call Tobodai a genius, he has a tested IQ of 84

cliveersknell View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 00:06
To Chono,

Thanks for replying to my message.
I have some disagreements with you here.
1. China never existed during the 13th century, it was composed of the kingdoms of: Jin, Xixia, Song, Nanchao or Dali, Tibet, and Kara Khitai. Many people are inclined to
brand the Song as the true Chinese, yet they speak a totally different language than mandarin. The Han people from the Qin dynasty onwards till the Qing period spoke Hakka. Mandarin, the official language of the PRC was begun during the reign of Kangxi to integrate all the ethnicities that comprise modern day china.
2. The kingdoms above have both their unique language
both spoken and in writing.
3. The extent of the kingdoms mentioned above do not by themselves represent the true borders of the PRC as we know it today.
4. Genghis set the stage for the eventual conquest and integration of the states above into one super state whose borders reflect the present borders of the PRC.
5. Genghis never initially had motives for conquest and enslavement of states that had no conflict with him. Even to the hated Jin, he allowed the Jin emperor to keep a sizeable portion of the Jin empire with a title of "King of Jin". What Genghis had in mind was a series of confederacies with the mongols in the lead . This idea was only ruined when the people of the confederacies decided to oppose and challenge Genghis.

This is why I still believe the PRC has the right to declare Genghis a national hero.

r's
Clive
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 08:16

sorry clive but i find your argument extremely flawed...

you said the Song spoke a language other than Mandarin so the Song cannot be considered as China? and none of the others, be it, khitai, jin, xixia, or liao spoke mandarin so they can't be China as well? now that's just extremely silly.

how do you suppose mandarin came along? you think because mandarin's the official language of china today, and everything else is not chinese right?

just like some ignorant people from mainland china i meet from time to time...they'd ask me the same question: do you speak cantonese or chinese?  HAHA..how smart

national borders part.  what if the japanese were successful in swallowing up a large chunk of chinese territory in WW2? and the china it might've been is much smaller and don't resembe the borders of Yuan any more?

argh i've just finished work..argue with you another time.....i can't even think straight, seriously.

Chono View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 08:33

First, even if what you wrote were true they don't present any plausible reason to make CK a chinese national hero. But even in these points you're absolutely wrong.

1. China existed very well in the 13th century. The dynasties Jin and Sung both cultivated chinese culture and traditions, the biggest portions of the population were chinese. Although the jurchens and kitans who served Jin should be qualified as chinese, because the dynasty itself represented itself chinese, they still weren't completely so. Jurchens kept on nomadicizing in Manchjuria after the fall of Jin and kitans tried to revive their state Liao, apart from China or mongols, but failed and were integrated into mongols. Xixia had nothing chinese about it. Kara Kitai was a buddhist - muslim state built by mongol-speaking nomadic kitans, what have the chinese to do with that? Tibet is even today not fully chinese, 50 years after the military occupation.

2. The so called unique languages were in fact chinese.

3. "True extent" of PRC's borders is irrelevant to this matter.

4. CK's state included the territories of today's Mongolia proper, Xinjiang and Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan. PRC's got nothing to do with anything.

5. No one is in position to speak about CK's true intentions. Jin was left in peace for some time due to the campaign in the west.

You don't seem to know anything about CK or mongols' history. So get back to it when you put some knowledge in your head. Distorting well known facts might please PRC but it gives others less reasons to respect you.

Edited by Chono
Chono View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 08:40
Originally posted by TMPikachu

Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

This is Ridiculous....Pretty soon they'll be making Admiral Yi SUnshin the national Hero of China, b/c there are a few Koreans living in Manchuria.  While we're on it the we should make Emperor Hirohito the national hero of Korea and every year on his birthday we can worship him....

Alexander the Great is a hero of the western world. The Western world loves the Roman Empire, the same empire that pretty much brought upon the cultural genocide of all native European beliefs. And right now, the descendants of those Druids and shamans and barbarians and berserkers learn in their textbooks how awesome the Romans were in conquoring their people. If they can do that, then Ghengis Khan can be a hero to modern China.

Now, Ghengis Khan, he took after Chinese culture. His descendants conquored the known world, and of all those cultures, they took after China. They respected the greatness of China and so themselves became ingrained into the culture of China.

CK never took any chinese culture. Only the bloody usurper Kubilai tried to some extent at sinification but got on his head decades of revolting from all other mongols, and even his descendants got kicked out of China and had no problem what so ever to become nomads again.

The european barbarians not being able to withstand romanization is their problem, should've become buddhists.

Edited by Chono
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 11:13
Neither Tibet nor the lands ruled by the Qara-Khitai were Chinese during the 12th-13th centuries.
[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 13:49

Originally posted by cliveersknell

1. China never existed during the 13th century, it was composed of the kingdoms of: Jin, Xixia, Song, Nanchao or Dali, Tibet, and Kara Khitai.

whoah, Imperialism galore!!

Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 23:41
Chono
May I ask you another question?
How many Mongols live today in the MPR vs. PRC?
Who is more fluent in the Mongol script, you Khalkhas or
the Chahars, tumaats, Kharachins, Horcins, of the PRC?

my best regards
Clive
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 23:45
Chono
By bringing in Yeliu Chu Tsai, Genghis already began absorbing chinese culture.
Genghis even had to invite the famous taoist sage Chang chun
to Samarkand to learn a thing or two from him.

rgds
Clive
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2004 at 09:49
Yet he was always a Mongol by language, culture, religion and lifestyle. He didn't admire Chinese culture on the level his grandson Khubilai did, he didn't even conquer a large part of China.
[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2004 at 14:01

OK I thought of a great example to refute the claim that Chinggis is a Chinese hero.  Just take a different nation and but the rouglhy same story on them!  For instance using this logic: Cecil Rhodes in the hero of ZImbabwe, for even though he destroyed large amounts of their people, he still ocnquered them and is culturaly relevant because white people live in Zimbabwe.

Or: There are Hisapnics in America, Pancho VIlla once invaded Texas, he was Hispanic, therefore hes an American hero!

See, it doesnt really make sense

-Alexander Hamilton
Chono View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2004 at 16:40

Chono
May I ask you another question?
How many Mongols live today in the MPR vs. PRC?
Who is more fluent in the Mongol script, you Khalkhas or
the Chahars, tumaats, Kharachins, Horcins, of the PRC?

my best regards
Clive

You just don't know anything do you. Harchins and horchins don't even speak mongolian anymore. We are equally fluent in classical script. Both the cyrillic and classical scripts are egually important as cultural heritage for mongolian language. But of course classical script is our own and we hold it in better esteem. If you take a mongolian bank note, you won't see a single cyrillic letter, as an example. If your wife is really inner mongolian you should've known that chahars are lately largely adopting khalkha speech, as it's more convenient and modern. And to your information, there's no MPR anymore. And the fact that many mongols are living under PRC rule and have to put up with b-s such as you're bringing up is historically unfair. Now, what does all this have to do with CK? You could've been more coherent in distorting the facts hehe.

Chono View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2004 at 16:54

Chono
By bringing in Yeliu Chu Tsai, Genghis already began absorbing chinese culture.
Genghis even had to invite the famous taoist sage Chang chun
to Samarkand to learn a thing or two from him.

rgds
Clive

Oh, and this also. Yelui Chutsai was a kidanian, served mongols and helped a lot in subduing the Jin, I don't even think he was that much sinified. There were uigurs, tatars and people of all sorts working as bureaucrats for the empire. Would be weird if you could turn into a chinese by employing a kidanian. For all that matters, let's just declare Kubilai was a catholic and admirer of the venician culture. As for Chang Chun, he was no exception. CK employed lots of muslims for himself, such as Mahmud Yalvach, one of his best friends was the shaman Kokochu. Kidanians were buddhist and reportedly there were even some nestorians around at the time. So he could become a muslim, a shamanist, a buddhist and a christian just because he held contacts with them or what? In any case, this is my last reply to your posts, I feel myself like Tom Cruise in rain man.

Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 00:26
Hi Chono
Thanks for your replies, I did learn a lot from you , and thank you very much for sharing what you have with me.
I just want to point out some things that need further discussion:
a. There are more than 6 million mongols in China , they are
Barguts, Chahars, Tumaats, Harchins, Horcins, even some Khalkhas , vs only 2.8 million in the republic of mongolia.
b. Many teachers from the Republic of Mongolia are coming to China to learn the real Mongol language and script.
c. Like it or not, China today, is the Republic of Mongolia's largest trading partner. More than 300,000 of your people are working in China.The republic of mongolia relies more on China's ports to ship their goods and exports.
d. The greatest Morin Khuur players are from the PRC
like Professor Chi Bulico,who also is a professor of Morin
Khuur in your state university.
e. The Republic of Mongolia has repeatedly asked China permission to join the Shanghai 5. China is preparing something much better for the republic of mongolia.
f. The Khalkhas were the weakest of all mongol tribes
and they were the ones who brought Kangxi and the Manchus into Mongolia because they could not stand up to Galdan, who is the Khan of the Oirads.

g. To be honest with you you Khalkhas are furthest from
Genghis' lineage.
The last two great Khans of the Mongol nation were
Chahar - Dayan Khan
Tumaat = Altan Khan

I suggest as a friend, that you wake up to the reality around you and not live in your fool's paradise of your own creation.

r's
Clive

Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 00:37
Dear Chono
You fail to see one extremely important tenet of CK.
He wanted to create an order out of the disorder that existed in Northern asia during the 13th century. He was willing to use capable people, like Yeliu Chu Tsai.
He was also very open minded, and accepting of others.
The Chinese recognize him as a hero, because it was he who laid the foundations for the eventual unification of China
which his grandson Kublai accomplished.
Even your former president Mr. Ochirbat, in his speech to the UN , mentioned that the mongols under Genghis and his lineage forged the unification of China.
Genghis accomplishment was like Alexander the Great, who
was not Greek, but Macedonian, a semi civilized people
living on the outer fringe of Greek civilization.

r's
Clive
Chono View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 13:38

Ahh maaan, you have to turn this into talks about modern mongols? What does any of this PRC propagandaistic b-s have to do with CK? What Ochirbat said was very correct, one of CK's lineages unified China, others unified kypchaks, russians, persians, you name it. But he himself unified mongols. Unifying china was just a fatcual slavery of the han-chinese anyway, if that's so glorious why don't you invite Mr. Bush over to do the same? He'll manage it with Taiwan and Siberia and all the rest no?

1. The number of mongols living in PRC is irrelevant. Half of them are completely sinified anyway, they just register as a minority for the benefits.

2. What teachers? What real mongol language? You've been smoking marijuana or something? The cultural cooperation that's going on between us concerns only us, not you.

3. 300 000 is the number of annual visits from Mongolia to PRC. You think any mongolian really would wanna go work in China? On the contrary, thousands of inner mongolians make their living by translating for visitors from Mongolia. Anywhere in UB or on the millenium road, nowadays you see k's of chinese working for dirt cheap wages for mongolian construction companies. As for China being the largest trade partner, so is it for Australia, so what? Who would be stupid enough not to wanna benefit from a booming economy with the cheapest labor force and produce right under your nose? You?

4. Hey look, the greatest Morin Khuur player prefers living and working in Mongolia. And that's where his heritage will go on. It's logical, he ain't no chinese, he's a mongol.

5. It is absolute bullcrap that we would ever wanna join a crappy organization as S5. In fact, PRC and Russia have exercized big pressure on Mongolia to join it. It was even one of russian conditions for dropping the big dept. And what are those plans you're talking about? Who are you to know this kind of PRC's plans? Jiang Zeming's illegitimate son? Where does one get this kind of twisted information anyway? Probably some chinese military newspapers right?

6. And what's this ranting about khalkha being weak? I bet all the minorities in China and former USSR wished they were as "weak" as us. Why not, if being so weak, we could afford sending troops to ROC and PRC territory twice in the last century. Oh wait, in 1945 we've been freeing the chinese from japanese, as a thank we get "plans"?

7. What do you know about us mongols anyway? There was not a single great khan since Mngke. Your hiding behind Batmunkh's and Altan's backs is pathetic. They were good khans doing better job than most and they don't deserve having anything to do with the likes of you. And how do you think khalkhas originated in the first place? Batmunkh Dayn Khan gave his eldest son Gersenz a fief and you get khalkhas. All khalkha khans are his descendants.

Comparing us to macedonians is just plain dumb. Where's their religion, or language or culture? If they didn't manage to keep those it's their problem. We have a civilization of our own going on and it has nothing to do with the chinese.

Now this, PRC propaganda is just propaganda and no one half way educated is gonna buy it.  Your chauvinist ranting is comparable to a mosquito bite on my butt. It itches, I scratch it. I propose the moderators to close this retarded thread now.

warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 13:57

"And the fact that many mongols are living under PRC rule and have to put up with b-s such as you're bringing up is historically unfair. "

Or rather, living in a semi nomadic country with salary only half of that living in China(which itself isn't high) is quite unfair. While the reason for the mongol population in inner mongolia to greatly surpass that of Outer mongolia is quite simply increase in standard of living and urbanization.

"Oh, and this also. Yelui Chutsai was a kidanian, served mongols and helped a lot in subduing the Jin, I don't even think he was that much sinified."

No, Ye lu chu sai was competely sinified pure and simple, he was not only some what educated in Chinese literature, but one of the highly educated elites in the confucian philosophy. His ancestor is kitan, he already has little of the kitan element left in him.

"You think any mongolian really would wanna go work in China?"

Considering their salary is not much more than half that of the inner mongolians, yes.

TMPikachu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 15:22

Ok... what are we arguing about?

Are we asking "Can the PRC say Ghengis Khan is their hero?"
No, it can't.

Can the USA say "The Roman Empire is our hero!"

No, they can't.

But Americans can admire Alexander, Americans can admire the Roman Empire, Americans can accept Jesus as their savoir.

Just as someone Chinese can admire Ghengis Khan and his progeny.

I'm just a bit fuzzed on that point. I don't think a government should make claims like that, but I think it's perfectly fine for people living in that society to say such things.

So is the question "The PRC declare Ghengis their hero!" ? If so, I disagree. Countries don't need to do stuff like that.

Is the question "Can Chinese admire Ghengis Khan, who wasn't Chinese?" I say yes, yes they can.

Can the average white American tell Mongolians and Chinese apart?

Edited by TMPikachu
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 19:50
East Asians argue alot in this forum...must be because they see the world through such narrow eyes LOOOL   ok that was evil, Im sorry.
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>