Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who are the Pakistanis ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who are the Pakistanis ?
    Posted: 13-Jan-2006 at 04:57

It may not be of offence in Pakistan due to the country being full of Pakistani's. However in the west a Pakistani may call another Pakistani a 'Paki' with no offence being implied. However if a non-Pakistani was to use this term it would be considered offencive. This is similar to the unwrittain rulings on the 'N' word.

The English are the ones that are to blame for this word. Since there is a sizable minority in the UK they had to make an offencive word for Pakistani's. Ignorant, i know. But the word has now been established for many years now.

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2006 at 03:20
Originally posted by Jhangora

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

I see this hasn't been posted on for a while, but still.
It is not in any way insulting to call us paki's. Indeed everyone in Pakistan would not be offended at any way at being called a Paki. The only people in my experience who get offended at being called pakis are non-muslim indians.
Baluchi's live in Baluchistan
Afghans live in Afghanistan
Tajiks live in Tajikistan
Uzbeks live in Uzbekistan
Paki's live in Pakistan

Pakistan is the western majority muslim states of British India. Punjab Sind NWFP Baluchistan and Kashmir. The main ethnic groups are Baluchis Pathans Punjabis and Sindhi's. The languages are Baluchi, Pushto, Punjabi, Sindhi and Urdu (Hindi is Urdu with sandscrit alphabet instead of persian). We are not muslim Indians, as these are muslims living in India. This also implys that 'Indian' ais one ethnic group, which it isn't, because Indians have many different ethnic groups and languages.

So Pakistani's used to be Muslim Indians,according to you.

The difference is between British India, and India (Hindustan). Saying Pakis* are muslim Indians is like saying that the people in Herat are Iranis. They have been in the same empire before, but now they are not, and since they are ethnically different, they are not Iranis. Also there are Hindus and Christians (and even some ancient greeks in kafiristan) living in pakistan as well as muslims

*I don't know about the UK, but you'll never offened me by calling me a paki.
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2006 at 04:36

I see this hasn't been posted on for a while, but still.
It is not in any way insulting to call us paki's. Indeed everyone in Pakistan would not be offended at any way at being called a Paki. The only people in my experience who get offended at being called pakis are non-muslim indians.
Baluchi's live in Baluchistan
Afghans live in Afghanistan
Tajiks live in Tajikistan
Uzbeks live in Uzbekistan
Paki's live in Pakistan

Pakistan is the western majority muslim states of British India. Punjab Sind NWFP Baluchistan and Kashmir. The main ethnic groups are Baluchis Pathans Punjabis and Sindhi's. The languages are Baluchi, Pushto, Punjabi, Sindhi and Urdu (Hindi is Urdu with sandscrit alphabet instead of persian). We are not muslim Indians, as these are muslims living in India. This also implys that 'Indian' ais one ethnic group, which it isn't, because Indians have many different ethnic groups and languages.

So Pakistani's used to be Muslim Indians,according to you.

The difference is between British India, and India (Hindustan). Saying Pakis* are muslim Indians is like saying that the people in Herat are Iranis. They have been in the same empire before, but now they are not, and since they are ethnically different, they are not Iranis. Also there are Hindus and Christians (and even some ancient greeks in kafiristan) living in pakistan as well as muslims

*I don't know about the UK, but you'll never offened me by calling me a paki.

Do you mean Indian Punjabis n Pakistani Punjabis are ethnically different?

Jai Badri Vishal
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 02:13
No. But Punjabis and Gujratis are.
Besides most punjabis are pakis.
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2006 at 06:25

No. But Punjabis and Gujratis are.
Besides most punjabis are pakis.

How about the Mohajirs Omar.Are they ethnically/racially different from Indians?

Jai Badri Vishal
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 00:37
a) I am a muhajir
b) I reliquish any claim to Indianness I may have. Muhajirs left hindustan to avoid being Indians.
c) Most Pakis are not muhajirs
d) There are more Afghans than muhajirs in pakistan, does that make us afghans? Does that make Iranis Syrians because there are ethnic arabs living in Iran?
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 06:22

a) I am a muhajir
b) I reliquish any claim to Indianness I may have. Muhajirs left hindustan to avoid being Indians.
c) Most Pakis are not muhajirs
d) There are more Afghans than muhajirs in pakistan, does that make us afghans? Does that make Iranis Syrians because there are ethnic arabs living in Iran?

How about the Kashmiris Omar al Hashim.Are the Indian and Pakistani Kashmiris different ?......

Jai Badri Vishal
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 07:07
Baluchistan and NWFP were annexed from Afghanistan by the British and became part of Pakistan as a result.
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 05:58
In the 1750's the whole of the pakistan region was controlled by the Afghans. But by the 1770's the Sikhs had begun to push the Afghans out, and the British used this to thier advantage to move in and influence the region.

How about the Kashmiris Omar al Hashim.Are the Indian and Pakistani Kashmiris different ?......

Yes the pakis are free, while the Indians oppressed.
Asking the same question over and over won't get you anywhere.
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 07:11
Omar how about the Sindhis who live in Pakistan .R they different ethnically/gentically to the Sindhis living in India?
Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 16:14
Hi Omar seems you didn't reply my question regarding Sindhis.
Jai Badri Vishal
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2006 at 16:17

Originally posted by Zagros

Baluchistan and NWFP were annexed from Afghanistan by the British and became part of Pakistan as a result.

Would you like to tell us more about that Zagros.I was ignorant about this fact.

Jai Badri Vishal
Arjun View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Arjun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 13:45

Majority of Pakistanis (except Pathans and Baluchis) are of Indian descent. But since Punjab and Sindh were ruled by outside rulers for a long time there must be a sizeable genetic mix for some sections of the society. As for Indian Sindhis and Pakistani Sindhis majority of them are of the same genetic stock.

From the desert lands of Rajasthan
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 13:51
Originally posted by Arjun

Majority of Pakistanis (except Pathans and Baluchis) are of Indian descent. But since Punjab and Sindh were ruled by outside rulers for a long time there must be a sizeable genetic mix for some sections of the society. As for Indian Sindhis and Pakistani Sindhis majority of them are of the same genetic stock.

Kesariya Balam Padharo Mharey Des.

A warm welcome from the mountain lands of Uttaranchal.

Edited by DemiSoda
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2006 at 16:32

Would you like to tell us more about that Zagros.I was ignorant about this fact.

Sorry jhongaro, but wouldnt it be easier to list all the questions in one post?

Koda ku Rot View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Koda ku Rot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 04:48
Originally posted by malizai_

Sorry jhongaro, but wouldnt it be easier to list all the questions in one post?

Questions arise in my mind at different periods of time Malizai_ n I'm not sorry for that.Sorry.

An idea arose in my mind at this very instant.Would it be a good idea to start a thread on all the questions I've had,have and would have?Your view..............

What is this?Khandu Machu Lon March Pees
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12