Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy does Serbia hold onto Montenegro?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does Serbia hold onto Montenegro?
    Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 13:59
It's not often I feel so much more educated than those around me that just interacting with them is annoying. I pity Einstein.

Firstly, the map on your link is wrong. You lost much of western Bosnia in the Croat offensive in 1995:

Secondly, a map 10 years following a genocidal war is hardly an accurate way to depict the ethnic composition of a country along historical lines. You can't say Germany had no Jews because it had fewer in 1945 than in 1925.

An ethnic map predating the genocide:

It's also interesting to note the green and white (no majority) districts combined account for well over 80 per cent of Bosnia's population.

Edited by Mila
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 14:14
Originally posted by Surbel

Bosna is teritorial,regional... term.
 In Vojvodina live ..... Vojvodians?
 In Kosovo.................Kosovars?
 In Herzegovina ........Herzegovians?
 In Slavonia................Slavonians?
 In Krajina........       &am p;nb sp;  Kraijanainais???

And apart of that,what cind of link is that

So,for you every one who doesn't call him self Bosniak in the Bosna he is crazy??

See the link and you must convert alot of people
 http://www.geocities.com/savindan/BHetnicka.htm

What you not understand?
 Can you stop avoiding,and answer on my questions chica?
 And give us a link of your source!

When your heart is empty,your
mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 18:50
Originally posted by Mila

"Bla bla bla,always  the same. I told you many many times..." that Evlija Celebi wrote in the 1600s that the Slavs of Bosnia called themselves Bosniaks and the Ottomans called their language "Bosnjacki".

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:EJvqZ66XwM0J:www.seep.c eu.hu/issue22/dimitrovova.pdf+origin+bosniak&hl=en

volim te mila

Looks like we have another resident cetnik aboard allempires again - next step is for him to dedicate a whole topic on how we are "poturceni srbi"
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 19:14
ill_tecnique relaja te un pocito,take some pills. Move on,you are liveing in the past not me.  If a fact disturbed you,don't watch it,like in a past  time.

If you know that you are right,why you become so nervose?

I didn't ensalt you not even once,but you did me few times.
I accept that.  It's not your fault if you had read just some books. Your time is comming,but start with bonton first.
mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 04:50

"Bla bla bla,always  the same. I told you many many times..." that Evlija Celebi wrote in the 1600s that the Slavs of Bosnia called themselves Bosniaks and the Ottomans called their language "Bosnjacki".

I dont know  langauge  but bosniak was a word used by ottomans, Infact some of bosniak devsirhmes named as Bosnak .... Paa.

For exp: Bonak Cafer Paachemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />>>

also one of mosque name is  Bonak Ahmed Paa Mosque, at Baghdat.

http://www.irakturkleri.com/iraktaki_turk_mimari_eserleri_ba gdad.html

I dont think, any bosniak have relation with Iraq after 1900.

At Akhisar,(a town  at Anatolia), there is a pazar named Bonak Mustafa Efendi Han.

http://www.akhisar.bel.tr/mambo/index.php?option=com_content &task=view&id=12&Itemid=36

Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 04:50

So, Mila, I haven't got any brains-well as long as you've got some-we know that some of your arguments at earlier threads r heavily argumented with historically certifiable data, and that u would  never write a single thing from speculative sources...Now,what was the name of Tvrtko's brother?It was Vuk-most common name in serbia (if not solely in serbia).Tvrtko's finest duke was named- Vlatko Vukovic-rings any bells?how many Croats and Bosniaks have the name Vlatko?Or the surname Vukovic?

Byzantine emperor Constantine VII Porphyregenitus(X century) wrote that Bosnians r Serbs.His writings r among best sources available of balkans in his time.The term Bosniak started mainly aprox. 800 years ago due to bogumil question.>>

About that turkish traveler-how can anyone with any reason at all consider his work as a reference?Montenegrins called themselves Bosniaks in the 17th century???FHS, they were the most determined to fight turks and absolutely despised all converts calling them poturice!!Anyway, I found this about celebija:>>

''Evliya Celebi"

"...Evliya possessed a vivid imagination, occasionally mixing fact and fantasy; he described places he could not possibly have visited..." Copyright 1994-2002 Encyclopdia Britannica, Inc

Edited by Socrates
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 04:59
so can you tell me how, a mosque at bagdat named as bosniak?
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 05:13

Originally posted by Mortaza

so can you tell me how, a mosque at bagdat named as bosniak?

What the ....I feel like i'm listening to a politician who is talking about the economy of Nigeria when u ask him what is his next step in labour politics...

Mortaza, I really want to answer your question, it's just that i don't know what is it about.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 05:34

Bosniaks like nation and language never exist until 1991 or if someone have the proof,please be my guest...show it.

Acording to our friend, bosniak thing is new, but Infact their ancestors also called as bosniak. They called themself as bosniak.

In ottomans, mosque names are mainly name of financer of mosque.

our large mosques named like this, Sleymaniye, Selimiye.

So most probably this Bonak Ahmed Paa financed this mosque, and his name was given to mosque. It looks like even people at baghdat know what is bosniak.

But unfortunately, serbs dont know.

Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 06:29
 Mortaza,Serbs call them self Montenegrins(if they are from Montenegro)
 Rasan (from Raska),Sumadinac(if they are from Sumadija).

Close to the Istanbul you have many toponims with name Beograd-does it make it Istanbul Serbian?  No!

On the Administration of the Empire (De Administrando Imperio), 10-th century

Constantine VII Porphyrogenitus aka: CONSTANTINE VII FLAVIUS PORPHYROGENITUS (b. September 905, Constantinople [now Istanbul, Turkey]. Nov. 9, 959), the Byzantine emperor from 913 to 959.

His writings are an immense source regarding the empire and neighboring lands. His work "De Administrando Imperio" is kept in its original manuscript in the Vatican library. It deals primarily with the Slavic peoples of the Balkans and its a huge account of geographical and cultural as well as political situation of the Balkans at the time. Porphyrogenitus does not only discuss the events of his lifetime, but of earlier periods such as that of Heraclius (610-641) and earlier.

Heading 32 of De Administrando Imperio of Constantine Porphyrogenitus, is called "On the Serbs and the lands in which they live". It speaks of the territories inhabited by Serbs in which he mentions Bosnia, specifically two inhabited cities, Kotor and Desnik, both of which are in an unidentified geographic position.

The annals of the Frankish chronologist Einhard, 9-th century

A source older than that of the is that of the Frankish chronicler Einhard . In his annals (Royal Frankish Annals), so precious to Serb history, he describes the uprising of the Pannonian prince Ljudevit (818-823). In his work, he claims that Ljudevit "withdrew from the city of Sisak and fled to the Serbs". Accordingly, Serbs must have lived somewhere around Una, maybe even to the west, likely where the modern Serbian Krajina (region of Lika) lies.

"Liudevitus Siscia civitate relicta, ad Sorabos, quae natio magnam Dalmatie partem obtinere dicitur, fugiendo se contulit"
, that is: "Ljudevit (prince of Lower Pannonia 822. - prim. CafeHome) having left the city of Sisak, fled to the Serbs, people inhabiting the greater part of Dalmatia).
Franjo Racki, the Croatian historian, says, that as the Roman province of Dalmatia stretched from the Adriatic to Pannonia, under those Serbs, who are mentioned by Einhard, we must look at all those lands between, and the people inhabiting them, ie: Bosnia to be considered Serbian land, inhabited by Serbs.

I have a lots of documents,if you need them i be glad to share with you

Show me some primary source of oposit.
mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 06:31
mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 06:32
mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 06:33
mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 07:37

Mortaza,Serbs call them self Montenegrins(if they are from Montenegro)
 Rasan (from Raska),Sumadinac(if they are from Sumadija).

Close to the Istanbul you have many toponims with name Beograd-does it make it Istanbul Serbian?  No!

I dont  excatly  what do you mean, but  I dont know, baghdat have any common thing with bosnia. Remember that lands are slav lands,IIRC Belgrad is  a bulgarin  word.

I am not talking about times before  ottoman,  have no knowledge about this, but  ottomans know  difference between a  serb  and bosniak.

and far  before 1991,   there were a bosniak nation.

I dont  know when slav nation divided , but saying bosnians  are serbs is complately nonsense, their  source is   one, but they  are  two different nation.

but  well, afterall all of us comes from adam.

Surbel View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 08:18
 Halo Mortaza.
 You are mixing a lots of things here.
 My nick is Sur-bel......white dawn
 Belgrad or Beograd...white town
 Bulgars they were Slavenized.

I'm not shore what cind of knowledge you have?

Difference was only in religion.
 Chatolics...become Croats
 Muslims .........Bosniaks not Bosnians(this is a regional term or geografical)
 You can see on this link too:
 http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02694a.htm

I never use a Serbian sources so no one can tell me something against
  that.
 Today if someone call him self a Bosniak he is a Bosniak for me too,it 
  would be complete nonsence to call him otherwise.
 But past we can't change even if someone trying to,so he could feel more
  comfortable!

mind is worth nothing.
anonimus
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 12:21

Constantine was an foreigner who said a small part of Bosnia was inhabited by Serbs. Meanwhile, the Romans described us as Dalmatians. The Italians and Hungarians described us as Croats. Some Albanians said we too were Illyrians. Many Serbian historians said we weren't Slavs at all, but are actually Turks.

As far as I'm concerned, foreigners can call us whatever they please - it does not reflect what we have considered ourselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovi na

"One can tally ethnic traits of medieval Bosnian rulers and find either Croat or Serb characteristics in the list. However, such simplistic approach is dated and discarded: there is no sign that the population of pre-Ottoman Bosnia and Herzegovina, whichever social stratum, had developed Croatian or Serbian ethnic consciousness even in a medieval sense of the word."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Miklosich

Edited by Mila
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 12:45

Originally posted by Mila

Constantine was an foreigner who said a small part of Bosnia was inhabited by Serbs. Meanwhile, the Romans described us as Dalmatians. The Italians and Hungarians described us as Croats. Some Albanians said we too were Illyrians. Many Serbian historians said we weren't Slavs at all, but are actually Turks.

As far as I'm concerned, foreigners can call us whatever they please - it does not reflect what we have considered ourselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovi na

"One can tally ethnic traits of medieval Bosnian rulers and find either Croat or Serb characteristics in the list. However, such simplistic approach is dated and discarded: there is no sign that the population of pre-Ottoman Bosnia and Herzegovina, whichever social stratum, had developed Croatian or Serbian ethnic consciousness even in a medieval sense of the word."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Miklosich

First of all-I'm aware(and i said so ) that bosniaks started refering to themselves as bosniaks aprox 800 years ago.nevertheless, your(certain amount of at least) serbian ancestry is undisputed-what about these names of spahija's from 19th century:Rascic, Tadic,Ljubic, etc?

Second, that link u gave earlier isn't the brightest example of reliability...(forgot to tell u) 

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 12:51
Just re-read the bolded part of my last post to answer your questions.
Socrates View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 12:55
Originally posted by Mortaza

Bosniaks like nation and language never exist until 1991 or if someone have the proof,please be my guest...show it.

Acording to our friend, bosniak thing is new, but Infact their ancestors also called as bosniak. They called themself as bosniak.

In ottomans, mosque names are mainly name of financer of mosque.

our large mosques named like this, Sleymaniye, Selimiye.

So most probably this Bonak Ahmed Paa financed this mosque, and his name was given to mosque. It looks like even people at baghdat know what is bosniak.

But unfortunately, serbs dont know.

First of all- tell me what has this got do with anything?Your proofs r very superficial.And you didn't pay much attention to what i wrote about their name-which was attested many centuries before your mosques were built.this is not about their name, it's about their origin...Can u imagine an American who says that he's British?Still, most of Caucasian Americans (in USA and Canada) r of british ancestry.

We refere to them as Bosniaks all the time-we don't call them 'serbs'.if u read some history, u would know i'm right.

I think surbel was right about the language-there is no bosniak language.

Edited by Socrates
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 13:05
Well the Slavs settled Bosnia before the Serbs and Croats even arrived, Socrates.

Secondly, even those Slavs that arrived in later waves and settled Croatia and Serbia could hardly be called "Croats" or "Serbs" in a modern sense.

The independent Bosnian kingdom was consolidated at roughly the same time as their states were.

The defining characteristics of what makes Croats and Serbs different did not develop until the schism in Christianity, and the Bosnian Church developed at more or less the same time - and certainly carried a separate Bosnian identity into the Ottoman Empire.

Lastly, the genetic tests they conducted have shown that Bosniaks are largely indigenous to the Balkans anyway - with a relatively small level of the Slavic genes. More importantly, the tests showed there is a genetic difference between Bosniaks, Bosnian Croats, and Bosnian Serbs that could not have developed only during the Ottoman Empire. This means our people intermarried relatively infrequently during these formative years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosniaks#Genetic_analysis_of_in digenousness
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>