Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUyghur and Uzbek

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uyghur and Uzbek
    Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 02:56

TO Ihsan

Becareful if you come to CHIna !

honeybee View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2004 at 22:48
Hey Perdon, I'm afraid your quite wrong. I'm a Mongol Chinese living in Baotou, and I don't see much suffering and discrimination. There are just as much percentage of Han people that are poor as there are any minority. I wouldn't be surprised that many Uighurs are not enjoying under China right now because their culture is different. But to say that all is against the government is ridiculous people there clearly are those that do, these people are therefore Chinese by all sense.
perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2004 at 01:53

Originally posted by honeybee

Hey Perdon, I'm afraid your quite wrong. .

sorry ,I am just telling about what I saw! and I didn't make any judgement ,why you said I was wrong! I don't care much about uyhgur!I am a Uzbek!   but I like this nation   ,they are very nice people!  May ALah  bless them!!      

kutluk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2004 at 07:18

dear perdon:

I'm uyghur  from xin jiang uyghur autonomous region. and very pleased to read your posts here. just as you find , we have so many things in common:lunguage,clothings, faces, sturucture-buildings,literature, religion and even history.furthermore ,our ancestors.
  I wonder why we are called with such different names as uyghur and uzbek.
in my homeland ,many uyghurs know this fact uyghur and uzbeck are almost the same people.  the reason is uzbek songs are so popular among uyghurs.the songs of yulduz osmanowa and shahzad are welcome here. almost every words of their lyrics are understandible to us. we have many uzbek movies here. their clothings , their every day life is so similar to ours.

in china ,the chinese use a standard lunguage called " pu tong hua" as their common lunguage. but there are several different dialects .without  the help of "pu tong hua",the chinese from si chuan province totally cannot communicate with a chinese from guang dong province. the lunguage of guang dong, and surronding areas is called Cantonese. but these people are called with the same name as "han" ,or chinese.
    we almost  fully understand each other. but  we are different people. with different names. I think you can understand following lines. as it is in my mother lunguage.

uzbek qerndishim ,bundaq ohshashliqining sewebini meningmu bilgim bar. kop nersilerni yazmaqchi idim. qalghini keyinge(songha) qalsun.
  ramazaningiz kutluk bolsun!  allah hem siz uzbeklerge rehmet qilsun.
  May allah bless you and your people!

Edited by kutluk
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2004 at 09:55
Assalamaleykum Kutluk jane turki qandastar!
Men qazaq (kazak) aghaiyndarygmyn. Sizderding de ramazaningiz kutty bolsyn!
perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 12:56
WOOOOOOO! all turks in central asia gathered around here!   Welcom!
kutluk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 21:55

we eleykum essalam, kazak qerindishim BekD:

thank you for welcoming me! athough I never learned kazakche(kazak language) before, I understand all what you said. I think turk languages ,such as  uyghur ,uzbek, kazak,kyrgiz, turkmen,tatar,turkish,azarbaijan anguages are cannot be said different languages, but dialects of the same turk language. for uyghurs most close turk language is uzbek, and then turkman,tatar,azarbaijan, kirgiz,kazak. modern turkish is somewhat difficult to understand at first.

kutluk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 00:45

perdon:

what do the uzbek historians tells about qarahans(karahanids)? do they regard them as a part of their history? since the first capital of this sate is in kaghgar ( kashgar city in xinjiang ,china now),secound is balasaghun in todays  kyrgizstan. karahanids controlled many part of central asia. including todays uzbekistan. this state is divided between two brothers in 1042: the Eastern Karahanids and the Western Karahanids.

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 19:25

I am a Chinese from Hong Kong.

Sorry, I can't understand any word of fusnfjsdbgkjgfxknfdsjgkjdbgkj

hahaha.

I am stupid, but what's the difference between uyghur and uzbek???

my driver in shanghai is some uyghur guy from xinjiang. he's a muslim but he eats pork all the time. he speaks chinese better than i do. i mean mandarin.

and he doesn't wanna be known as a uyghur but a shanghainese chinese. i guess he's probably han washed.

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 19:28

also, when i asked him if people from xijiang know how to speak mandairn.

he told me they speak better than i do.

in that case, i think they are pretty good already since i can at least communicate.

warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 19:43
Most people from Hong Kong suck at Madarin.
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 20:15
Originally posted by hannibal

Originally posted by perdon

well,sort of ancient ,especilly kashger  ,I like it any way ,it is a little bit like Khiva of Uzbekistan ,Hotan is also cool,Turfun is wonderful ,I think chinese communists doesn't change their life too much ,I mean uyhgur has worse living condition then chinese.

uyhgur are Chinese. Like Gubuk in this forum is an American,not a Korean. You are similar in culture. But culture does not equal to nationality, China is a multi-culture country like many other country of the world.

Many Han Chinese are more poorer than uyhgur Chinese. 95 percent poorers in China are Han Chinese. That's all I can tell you.

Uh...Hannibal although I am an American and I do not hold Korean citizenship I do consider my self a bit of both.  I am a Korean. And I am an American.  I don't have it one way.  I don't usually introduce myself as a Korean-American though...I usually say that "I am Korean"...
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 20:17

it sucks to have to give up ur own citizenship

i have three citizenships and i am not required to give up any ^_^

besides,

to answer your concern, i'm gonna retype what i typed before.

let's say a chinese from shanghai meets a chinese from beijing in hennan

the beijing guy asks the shanghai guy "what are u?" obviously the shanghai guy is not gonna say "i am chinese"

he's gonna say "i'm shanghainese"

but that doesn't have anything to with him not being chinese.

so i guess ur korean and also an american.

same thing with people from xijiang, they are urghur (can't spell) but they are also chinese.

Edited by coolstorm
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 20:20
I don't know if you misunderstood me but I never gave up any citizenship.   What I meant is that I don't have a Sk one.  Never did...
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 20:21

i know that's how it is in sk.

but in hk, u get the citizenship from ur parents even when u are american by birth.

Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 20:27
That's very interesting.  Do you get to vote?
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 20:29
yes i do get to vote but i dun bother...
kutluk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 08:19
Originally posted by coolstorm

I am a Chinese from Hong Kong.

Sorry, I can't understand any word of fusnfjsdbgkjgfxknfdsjgkjdbgkj

hahaha.

I am stupid, but what's the difference between uyghur and uzbek???

my driver in shanghai is some uyghur guy from xinjiang. he's a muslim but he eats pork all the time. he speaks chinese better than i do. i mean mandarin.

and he doesn't wanna be known as a uyghur but a shanghainese chinese. i guess he's probably han washed.

as you admit ,you can not understand the meaning of fusnfjsdbgkjgfxknfdsjgkjdbgkj. unless learn it. just like the  language you write in  here.

as for that guy who claim himself being  uyghur.why do you say he is uyghur? in xin jiang there are many of your brethen who good at mandarin, i mean hans. they  say they are from xin jiang. in your language they say . "xin jiang ren." but "xin jiang ren" the term  doesn't  equal to uyghur. uyghur is different .

you claim he is muslim. why? just because he tells you he is uyghur? 
uyghur the name doesn't mean all of them  are muslims.  uyghurs educated in communst ideolgy like all the chinese. uyghur parents have no right to teach their children the faith they belive in-"islam. ".

I think he is chinese like you.

kutluk View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 08:51
Originally posted by coolstorm

it sucks to have to give up ur own citizenship

i have three citizenships and i am not required to give up any ^_^

besides,

to answer your concern, i'm gonna retype what i typed before.

let's say a chinese from shanghai meets a chinese from beijing in hennan

the beijing guy asks the shanghai guy "what are u?" obviously the shanghai guy is not gonna say "i am chinese"

he's gonna say "i'm shanghainese"

but that doesn't have anything to with him not being chinese.

so i guess ur korean and also an american.

same thing with people from xijiang, they are urghur (can't spell) but they are also chinese.

I tell you again, all the people from xin jiang  are not uyghurs. uyghurs are distinctive ethnic group who have its own language, culture,religion.

I 'm uyghur, a citizen of china . but I 'm not chinese.   ask this question  from a russian living in kazakistan.  what will he say?  does he say he is kazak.or russian?

US and China is different. as US is immigrant country. the citizens of US come from all parts of the world. the only way to identify themselves is AMERICAN. but china is different.  all it s citizens are living in their own land,  there is no much immigartion like in US.  before chinese come to our land we have our own national name like turk or uyghur. uyghurs never called their land "xin jiang" .it is chinese name.

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 14:51

"

as you admit ,you can not understand the meaning of fusnfjsdbgkjgfxknfdsjgkjdbgkj. unless learn it. just like the  language you write in  here.

as for that guy who claim himself being  uyghur.why do you say he is uyghur? in xin jiang there are many of your brethen who good at mandarin, i mean hans. they  say they are from xin jiang. in your language they say . "xin jiang ren." but "xin jiang ren" the term  doesn't  equal to uyghur. uyghur is different .

you claim he is muslim. why? just because he tells you he is uyghur? 
uyghur the name doesn't mean all of them  are muslims.  uyghurs educated in communst ideolgy like all the chinese. uyghur parents have no right to teach their children the faith they belive in-"islam. ".

I think he is chinese like you. "

i can't understand your language in romanization. so as mandarin. i can't understand mandarinw written in romanization. but i can read the chinese writing. i have enver been taught pin yin or mandarin in hk.

My driver in Shanghai is a uyghur. My mom told me that. We not only have a noun for xin jiang wen but a name for uyghur ethicity in Chinese that sounds like (wei wu ij). Besdes, I think i can tell he's a uyghur by his look!

he's a muslim because he said he is. but he doesn't pray because he said it's troublesome. he's lived in shanghai since he was a child but he's a urghur and his daughter goes to a urghur school designed for urghur minority.

i know the difference between a han and a urghur and u dun have to worry about that. my aunt used to live in xin jiang.

i know xin jiang is a chinese name meaning new territories. but the truth is that my urghur driver doesn't like others to call him a urghur but a shanghainese. he claims to be muslims because his parents made him one. yet he eats pork and doesn't pray. he might be han washed but he is a urghur by ethicity.

it's like the indian people in hk who look exactly like the indians but they speak perfect cantonese and don't talk in indian at all.

Edited by coolstorm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>